• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Latest New Bronco Scuttlebutt

tymotor

http://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...ers-meet-approve-proposed-agreement/75446210/

Most interesting parts:
"The new product investments include a commitment by Ford to bring its Ranger midsize pickup back to America and to revive the storied Bronco nameplate."​

"Production of the Bronco is expected to start after the Ranger and no later than 2020..."​

I'm still in the believe it when I see it camp, but this article at least sources the information from the labor agreement. So many previous articles have only relied on 'anonymous sources,' which gets tiresome. Just an FYI.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well we shall see right. 2020 ain't that far away..

No Hay

Bronco Guru
2020? They don't want to rush into anything! Sheesh.

They had a slogan once of "quality is job 1." I'm skeptical, but hopeful.

mtp71174

Here goes what is rumored coming down the pipeline. Having just talked to one of my friends who still works at the former Michigan truck plant original home of the bronco that they are losing the Focus and their replacement will be the f 100, a ranger size untit similar to the truck produced in central and south america to compete with the toyota hilux. The first year trucks and the next year the new bronco. From other sources they have run bodys in white thru mtp's paint shop which is not uncommon for pec who is just down the road to paint bodies there as a convience thing. I will be back in michigan for the holidays I will not be able to see it but may get confirmation only and only it does not get my friends in trouble. Note at a union meeting members were told of the new product line and what future held for them.

ClintEastwood

Loc.
London, Ontario Can
this seems like pretty good info, at least better than all the fake random websites out there with the "2016 bronco"

this seems to make a lot of sense, I've always loved the ford ranger and am glad to see it come back as an f100 with a bronco spawn!

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Geeze. I hope not
It will be a 4 cylinder for front wheel drive unibody minivan deal
Probably a rebadged escape or edge but with an added $10k for the name
And I don't think they will sell the Ranger here either
Takes away sales from the F-150 and ford makes a lot lot of Profit on them. With the big three, the larger the vehicle the larger the profit

For some bizarre reason The big three cant make a small car and a profit

The ranger was a great truck
I worked for the park service in the late 80s and they had bunches of em and they were indestructible

My aunt had one because she needed a truck and didn't want a full size

Several of my 16 yr old sons friends drive them

What killed the ranger sales was ford jacking the price up too high
For just a few hundred more you could buy a F-150

The explorer is now a minivan with hinged doors

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
But.....if the Ranger comes back as an F-100 it will not infringe on F-series sales only bolster them.

When the Ranger was removed from the line up there were a number of reasons, but part of the reason was reported to be that they hurt F-series sales but if that were true at all they would not have ever introduced it or the Courier. Ford does not let anything hurt there flagship vehicle sales.
But if it were a concern a re-badge to F-100 would fix that.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Geeze. I hope not
Takes away sales from the F-150 and ford makes a lot lot of Profit on them. With the big three, the larger the vehicle the larger the profit

I worked for the park service in the late 80s and they had bunches of em and they were indestructible

The Ranger is still made and sold overseas as we speak iirc. So I'd think if it were made here, they'd sell it here.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I bought a Ford Ranger new in 1988. A 4x4 model, regular cab. It ended up being just too small, too cramped in the cabin. The extended cab would have been much better. One of those hind sight 20/20 things. I sold it later and found a great deal on a used 86 Ford full size 4x4 with that manual trans that had the low granny gear. Farm gear I think they called it. Truck would creep across a field in the low gear, you could get out and walk beside it. I put a body lift on it and some bigger tires. I miss that truck.

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
Geeze. I hope not

Agreed, Ford has made poor decisions in there SUVs, the escape was ruined, although I like the new Explorer...

But the problem with the ranger is fuel economy I wanted one a year or so ago and after I got into it there fuel economy is just about the same as my 09 explorer which is about the same as an f150, so what is the advantage of a small pickup with reduced towing...nothing

There were rumors that new ranger will have a small diesel motor...

But as with anything new the prices are through the roof. A new F150 47-50K
The other day I saw a '11 F150 170k miles for 23k.

So this ranger will probably be cool but with a 40-50k price tag. For a lot of you raptor drivers that's nothing, but for this government employee there's no way....

As for the Bronco I won't get my hopes up... If the make truly cool like all of us would advise them too it will be like the JK 40K+

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Geeze. I hope not

Sorry roundhouse - what killed the Ranger was the small truck market overall going from 1,000,000+ units/year to 250K/year. That combined with new safety standards made redesigning and releasing a new Ranger a no profit situation. Lower gas prices and little difference in mileage between small trucks and large ones moved consumers up into the full-size market.

As gas prices creep higher and people become more interested in smaller, more efficient trucks thus increasing the overall market - it makes competing for a slice of the pie more attractive.

The Explorer isn't a minivan either - Ford doesn't have a minivan chassis. That went the way of the dodo bird when the Freestar (previously Windstar) was killed many years ago. Which was another decision to exit a dying vehicle segment as people moved from minivans to "cross-overs"

FYI....Ford does make profit on their small cars as well.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Agreed, Ford has made poor decisions in there SUVs, the escape was ruined, although I like the new Explorer...

But the problem with the ranger is fuel economy I wanted one a year or so ago and after I got into it there fuel economy is just about the same as my 09 explorer which is about the same as an f150, so what is the advantage of a small pickup with reduced towing...nothing

There were rumors that new ranger will have a small diesel motor...

But as with anything new the prices are through the roof. A new F150 47-50K
The other day I saw a '11 F150 170k miles for 23k.

So this ranger will probably be cool but with a 40-50k price tag. For a lot of you raptor drivers that's nothing, but for this government employee there's no way....

As for the Bronco I won't get my hopes up... If the make truly cool like all of us would advise them too it will be like the JK 40K+

While there are F-150's in the $50-60K range that are all optioned up, you can still purchase a base F-series in the mid $20's if you wish to go without all of the bells and whistles.

It's all about offering the consumer choices - you can have a base work truck, or a truck that's just as nice as any luxury car on the market.

doghows72

Bronco Guru
I hope that's not it. I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit. No thanks.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Now I'm starting to worry that they will make something with a Bronco name plate.
That thing would be nothing like a real Bronco.

If they were to build the next Mustang on the platform for the Fiesta would that make it a real Mustang?

What needs to happen is for a bunch of people to tell Ford to never build another Bronco.
Since the executives at Ford currently no longer understand what the Bronco was they are simply cashing in on name recognition.