• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Latest New Bronco Scuttlebutt

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
hahaha -

I'll say this - no matter what it may look like - you can't please everyone.;D

they could please most .... just built this w. some windshield wipers

maxresdefault.jpg

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
This would work as well, and it is built by a Ford subsidiary:

Attachments

• Ford Troller T4 - 1.jpg
    Ford Troller T4 - 1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Ford Troller T4 - 2.jpg
    Ford Troller T4 - 2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Ford Troller T4 - 3.jpg
    Ford Troller T4 - 3.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 70

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Now I'm starting to worry that they will make something with a Bronco name plate.

That thing would be nothing like a real Bronco.

If they were to build the next Mustang on the platform for the Fiesta would that make it a real Mustang?

What needs to happen is for a bunch of people to tell Ford to never build another Bronco.

Since the executives at Ford currently no longer understand what the Bronco was they are simply cashing in on name recognition.

Well. Remember Ford tried to turn the mustang into a front wheel drive , four cylinder

They came to their senses at the last minute and named what was supposed to be the mustang , a Probe . Remember them and how well they sold ?

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Sorry roundhouse - what killed the Ranger was the small truck market overall going from 1,000,000+ units/year to 250K/year. That combined with new safety standards made redesigning and releasing a new Ranger a no profit situation. Lower gas prices and little difference in mileage between small trucks and large ones moved consumers up into the full-size market.

As gas prices creep higher and people become more interested in smaller, more efficient trucks thus increasing the overall market - it makes competing for a slice of the pie more attractive.

The Explorer isn't a minivan either - Ford doesn't have a minivan chassis. That went the way of the dodo bird when the Freestar (previously Windstar) was killed many years ago. Which was another decision to exit a dying vehicle segment as people moved from minivans to "cross-overs"

FYI....Ford does make profit on their small cars as well.

Crossover ARE minivans with swinging doors
Or maybe station wagons
Calling it a crossover helps sell more since minivans have gone the way of station wagons

I'm sorry. A four cylinder FWD unibody vehicle is a CAR. It is in no shape matter or form , a truck or suv.

Jeep has sold unibody Cherokee SUVs for years but they weren't based on a FWD car chassis

And am I wrong in saying that ford makes a lot lot more profit on its larger vehicles ?
I read somewhere that at the peak of its popularity they were making $17K per vehicle on the expedition.

I routinely see Local Atlanta dealers advertising $10K off the sticker price of F-150s
What's the thought process behind jacking the fake sticker price up so high then lowering it ?
Do people really think they are getting a deal ?

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Agreed, Ford has made poor decisions in there SUVs, the escape was ruined, although I like the new Explorer...

But the problem with the ranger is fuel economy I wanted one a year or so ago and after I got into it there fuel economy is just about the same as my 09 explorer which is about the same as an f150, so what is the advantage of a small pickup with reduced towing...nothing

There were rumors that new ranger will have a small diesel motor...

But as with anything new the prices are through the roof. A new F150 47-50K
The other day I saw a '11 F150 170k miles for 23k.

So this ranger will probably be cool but with a 40-50k price tag. For a lot of you raptor drivers that's nothing, but for this government employee there's no way....

As for the Bronco I won't get my hopes up... If the make truly cool like all of us would advise them too it will be like the JK 40K+

The new Ranger DOES have a Diesel engine. A solid front axle and 4 real doors

I think it even comes in a Raptor version
Just sold everywhere else in the world , not here .

Not sure where it's built
Turkey , Mexico or Venezuela / Argentina maybe ?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
They are in Canada.
Saw a Ranger Raptor photo from a driveway in Canada a few months ago.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I will take two of them if they look like post 23, glad to put a deposit today.

Not sure about post 25 but I would still buy one.

The new Bronco will not have all of the cool retro features we would like, hopefully they will at least make the roof removable.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Well. Remember Ford tried to turn the mustang into a front wheel drive , four cylinder

They came to their senses at the last minute and named what was supposed to be the mustang , a Probe . Remember them and how well they sold ?

More or less proves my point.

If Mustang fans had accepted the made-over Mazda 626 as a Mustang would there still be a Mustang in production today?

Germd

This would work as well, and it is built by a Ford subsidiary:
Looks like what would result if a Toyota FJ and a Jeep Wrangler had a baby.
The '05 redesign of the Mustang was the perfect marriage of modern technology and retro design cues. If Ford was able to do the same with the Bronco/Ranger, say an eco boost drivetrain with the EB nose & grill they'd grab a lot of people's attention.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Well I hope this pans out!
As for looks and what its going to really be........Ford is a for profit company, they are going to build what sells the most, and yes that sucks for guys like us but they want to make money.
I hope Ford keeps some of the classic lines of the bronco, and maybe offers a few different trim levels to the truck and maybe a SVT version of it some thing like the Raptor for the guys that really want to take them off road. I know I will be watching since I will be looking for a new car in about 4 years!

sriha

It would be a whole lot better if they made the Bronco to compete with the Wrangler instead of the Cherokee but soccer moms need another choice in the look a like CUV market.

jwh

They are in Canada.
Saw a Ranger Raptor photo from a driveway in Canada a few months ago.

There are no current model Rangers sold in Canada. Not through Ford at least. Somebody my have somehow imported one from overseas, but its not a Canadian vehicle. Could be some sort of test mule I suppose as well.

As for the new Bronco, I'm thinking it will likely be closer to the Everest sold in other parts, which is a body on frame SUV that shares its platform with the global Ranger. Its supposedly a fairly rugged vehicle, but not what most Bronco enthusiast are hoping for. Hopefully I'm wrong and they build a kickass SUV with offroad ability, good looks and a removable top to compete directly with the JK, but I have my doubts at this point.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
The 04 concept, removable top . .. w/ a diesel (and windshield wipers) =

Hate to break it to you, but the 04 concept was built upon the Ford Ecosport chassis (think sub-Escape sized vehicle) - while it looks nice - it certainly wouldn't have the same durability/capability as the EB....again - think a smaller Escape.

That being said - I personally would LOVE to have something that looks like that and gets ~30mpg as a daily driver, whether it had true off-road capability or not.

If a Bronco were to be developed to compete directly with the JK....It would be similarly priced and get similar performance with regards to mileage, etc.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Don't sell your old Bronco in anticipation of a new one. The new Bronco will only be as good as the 6 letters that spell the name. I gave up on Ford coming around to my way of thinking. You have a long wait for something you don't want. Sink the same 45 grand into your current Bronco. 25 grand for upgrades and 20 grand for gas and you will have the Bronco you desire. Just won't be new.

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
Don't sell your old Bronco in anticipation of a new one. The new Bronco will only be as good as the 6 letters that spell the name. I gave up on Ford coming around to my way of thinking. You have a long wait for something you don't want. Sink the same 45 grand into your current Bronco. 25 grand for upgrades and 20 grand for gas and you will have the Bronco you desire. Just won't be new.

But I want both of em' ;D I'm not gonna sell my EB :cool: But my DD Camaro should hold out long enough for this thing to come out.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
It would be a whole lot better if they made the Bronco to compete with the Wrangler instead of the Cherokee but soccer moms need another choice in the look a like CUV market.

^^^These have it right.

All it will be is a sad attempt to cash in on the name.

Personally, it doesn't bother me a lot, I'm not a big fan of 'new'.
I own a classic Bronco because of that.