• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

little history on my '66 U13

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys!!! Honestly you couldn't make this stuff if you wanted too.

Yeah I got to get into gear and do some long needed repairs to U13 anyhow. But let me ask you guys this... Do I take the U13 to have full experience of Wyman and reuniting him to his old truck and then having amazing time riding around with him in it? Or do I take a more modified bronco with better creature comforts and a lot less limitations on how far and deep to where Wyman could take me in the bad lands of TX? I see pro and cons to both but either way it would be a trip of a lifetime... and what an experience to catch on film too!

To answer your question Tim I'm pretty sure he close Benjamin, TX

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Uh......take the roadster!!! That's only 4.5 hours south of me. You don't want to go May-September, too hot. Pack a good camera, a Go Pro and hit the road.

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Uh......take the roadster!!! That's only 4.5 hours south of me. You don't want to go May-September, too hot. Pack a good camera, a Go Pro and hit the road.

Yeah that would be my choice is the Roadster. I can't imagine Wyman's reaction to seeing his first vehicle that he had so many memories with! I'm sure it would be literally a trip through time for him... to witness that in person would be priceless!

Yep a Go Pro on the Bronco and open Texas country. :cool:

Scott C.

Loc.
Waynetown IN
It would not be the same experience in any other vehicle. The roadster was built for it, been there and done it!!

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
First off, I've read/looked through this thread a few times and always get a kick out of it. Thanks for sharing such a cool story!

It's not for sale, but I just realized one of the U13's I have waiting in the wings has that same or very similar step bumper! It'll get restored along with the rest of the truck when it's time. If you hadn't brought it up I too would have thought it was a custom job done sometime in the bronco's past. It too would probably have suffered the same fate as yours. The other interesting thing is I've seen a chrome rear step bumper on a local '66 in the Los Angeles area. Also looked very similar if not the same but in chrome. Never could find the owner. I also have a Ramsey front winch bumper that appears to be factory (dealer installed) in chrome. Previously I had always thought they were painted. I wonder if you could order them in chrome or if the dealer had some done? Just thought I'd share.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Wyman is sure an awesome photographer! The video is WOW too! Thanks Ben! The only thing I was disappointed in was there wasn't a photo and a credit to the Bronco at the end. If it wasn't for the Bronco, many of those shots wouldn't have happened!

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Gas Pig, I just got an email with this link, from a former co-worker/friend, he knows I do EBs but he had no idea about Wyman and EBs.
I sent him a link to all this!!!;D;D;D

http://player.vimeo.com/video/22132017?title=0&byline=0&port [1]

Thanks Ben for sharing! I actually missed that one and honestly I haven’t talked to Wyman in a while! A father of two busy teenagers gets me running in sometimes to many different directions I forget to stay on top of the the little things in life! I need to reach out to him again!

Thanks again for sharing the video!
Jeff

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Hey Jeff great stories!! This quote in particular hit close to home for me...

"yep they were just shells and I had to use bungee cords tied to the steering column to keep the doors closed. I was in college and like most kids in college I didn't have any money."

for most of the 6 short months I had my '66 on the road back in 2016-17, after one-too-many right turns and "oh shit" moments where my drivers door flung open towards oncoming traffic (broken strap too) I bungee corded the door to my steering column! -jeff

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Jeff great stories!! This quote in particular hit close to home for me...

for most of the 6 short months I had my '66 on the road back in 2016-17, after one-too-many right turns and "oh shit" moments where my drivers door flung open towards oncoming traffic (broken strap too) I bungee corded the door to my steering column! -jeff

Wyman also said back then to cool off his beer he would hang his 6 pack on the “stick mirror” aka Roadster side mirror while cruising down the highway.

Life was so much simpler back then! Imagine trying that today?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Wyman also said back then to cool off his beer he would hang his 6 pack on the “stick mirror” aka Roadster side mirror while cruising down the highway.

yeah those beers would be all over the road, they don't make those 6-pack holders like they used to!! and once it hits the road and explodes, they got ya for open container ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

these days, if only :-X:-X