• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Load leveller?

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
Hey guys been looking all over for a load leveller type setup for the rear of my 73 Bronco. I tried pulling my trailer other day and the rear squats too far ><. I would like to find like the firestone airbag to put between the frame and rear springs. Is there any suck animal out there?

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
put a add-a-leaf in...ya didnt mention what suspension your running,shocks,tires,etc?

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
Oh, sorry about the specifics. I am running a 2" bodylift, with stock suspension. I have an uncut Bronco, with 31" tires and new Rancho shocks. I do have a heavy bumper. I posted a picture to give an idea.

255002_227382967273565_100000055917215_972191_927353_n.jpg

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
set of airbags will set you back $250, but will get the job done.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
How heavy is the trailer? With such a short wheel base, the Bronco doesn't tow trailers very well or safely. If your needing to add to the rear suspension, sounds to me like your wanting to tow something too big.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
you won't find any specific to the EB. you will have to adapt some other kit, maybe from an S10 or full size.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the airbag setup on my F-250 and I bet it, or another similar, could easily be adapted to an EB. There is the part that simply bolts to the leaf spring over your clamp plate, and the upper plate the bolts to the frame.

A load equalizer hitch setup is amother great option though and IMO a better palce to start; I swear by them and they can/do help even more than rear assist from springs or bags because they transfer weight back to the front wheels too..where you need it to regain control and better steering.

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
How big and heavy is this trailer?

it is just a little 4x5 4 wheeler trailer, not that big, not that heavy. But when you are dealing with very little clearance (31" tires in uncut fenders) it would be nice to retain the gap you have. It isn't like a gooseneck or anything. But my Bronco is bouncy enough when it is unloaded.. so there again I do not wish to do anything to further stiffen the suspension. The ability to hitch up, then air up to level the load would be nice. :cool: