• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lost all engine power help!!!!!!

red76

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I have the stock 302 with 3 on the tree. When i would start up ata light or stop sign i would give it plenty of gas and it would almost stall out on me. Then as i'm driving down the road in third i slowed to go around a curve and when i tried to speed up again i couldnt get the rpms up so i tried down shifting and it didnt help. <br>Then i would pump the gas or push in all the way to the floor and i could get a little rumble out of her, but not enough to accelerate. The engine had a sticking valve that sounded like a baseball card in the spokes of a bike before this happened but i had driven it the night before<br><br>Sorry for the length of this post<br>thanks <br>will

wrestler034

Mine did it a few months ago. I had the carb rebuilt and adjusted the timing and it was fine

OP
OP
red76

red76

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
thanks for the advice and is it cheaper to rebuild the carb or or upgrade. I was looking at the holley truck avenger

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
check the fuel filter. I also just got the bc q-jet. It's about 1/2 the ptrice of the holley. I had a holley(not the avenger) and gave it away. It wouldn't stay in tune for more than 2 weeks.

OP
OP
red76

red76

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Sorry guys but i also forgot to mention that before this happened i was getting whit smoke out of the tailpipe.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would start with the fuel filter. Just sounds like maybe you are not getting enough fuel.<br>If it was a head gasket you would probably have overheating and a ton of white smoke.