• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lost Our Best Friend Hank

jmaples

Loc.
SEATTLE,
It has been a week now since HANK our family dog passed away. Some of you on this board may have meet HANK, he has been at my side for the last 6 years. Hank was a wonderful friend and is deeply missed by my family. Hank was never happier than when he was sitting in the Bronco with the wind blowing through his hair, or when he was running trails with me and his brother dog Oliver, even loved to lay beside me while I turned wrenches in the garage, best damn wheelin buddy ever! Some of you may have meet, camped, or wheeled with my bro Hank. He also made it in last years issue of Bronco drive the SOB issue (Light tan aussie). It's hard to imagine pulling the Bronco out of the garage to go for a ride without him, he has been by my side through it all, but life moves forward. He would have wanted me to continue wheelin, camping, and enjoying life! Sorry for a kinda panzy posting but my bro loved V8's and I swear to god he loved the taste of exhaust through a flowmaster! He also had a thing for DODGE Cummins Diesel Engines, wierd huh?
JMAPLES

bax

Contributor
Old Member
jmaples said:
I swear to god he loved the taste of exhaust through a flowmaster! He also had a thing for DODGE Cummins Diesel Engines, wierd huh?
JMAPLES

Sorry for hank and your loss. I have to ask, how did Hank Die? Was he only 6 years old?

Bax

Jag1989

Loc.
Eddington, Me
Man I feel for you. I know that pain all to well. I lost my best friend in the world 3 years ago to cancer at 7 years old. Alex went where ever I did, went to bed when I went to bed and got up when I did, and was always beside me.
I lost 12 pounds when he died and couldn't sleep in my bed for 3 weeks because I kept wakeing up and seeing him beside the bed for a few seconds.
We love all our dogs but their is always that one special dog that you never forget or get over.

OP
OP
J

jmaples

Loc.
SEATTLE,
Hank

We decided not to do a autoposy, but we believe it was cancer. He had 2 small lumps under his arm pits, last year the vet said don't worry if they don't change shape or size, that's the last time i do that. If it was cancer i guess there is nothing you can really do for them. He lived and loved till the end. Thanks for the comment.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Sorry for you loss !!! A lot of us have been through it and it really sucks. People who don't own dogs don't understand but boy I miss mine more than some people. Pick yourself up and get a fill in. You never really get a replacement but a fill in helps a lot. Again, sorry to hear about your buddy.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Sorry for the loss Jason. He truly was a wheeling dog. Here are some pics in rememberence.

Attachments

• EvansCreek11.jpg
    EvansCreek11.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 124
  • EvansCreek16.jpg
    EvansCreek16.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 104
  • EvansCreek17.jpg
    EvansCreek17.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 128

Solar Aviator

Sorry for your loss. I lost my best friend of 13 years, a Golden Retriever "Alex", about 5 years ago now to cancer. I was the toughest thing I've ever been through. The memories are mostly good ones now. I spread his ashes at Crater Lakes on the Continental divide above Moffit Tunnel which was a place we hiked to often. The Bronco was known a Al's truck and I'll bet he had more Bronco time than most of ya all. I feel your loss.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
You were both fortunate to have such a friend as each of you were.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've got a 3 yr old lab that goes everywhere with me in the Bronco. Like Hank, he's right beside me when I'm wrenching on it and always wanting to go ride. Sorry to hear of your loss.