• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lower Radiator Hose for a 2" Body Lift

RadioFlyer

Okay, help me out here fellas... I did a 2" body lift, the upper radiator hose fit fine, the lower won't reach and even if it did it would interfere with the alternator... Must have to use a different hose but what? Is there a pre-bent available for this? If so, what part no.? Or, do I just get a flex hose and install it?

Bronco Beau

Loc.
Gravette
This is a problem I have had not only once but twice. when I put my body lift on I ended up having to lower the radiator. Probably want to do this anyway since you want in center on your mechical fan. It is a pretty simple process. Just cut the braket off and move them down and reweld. I ended up cutting my core later to make room for the taurus fan and had to find another radiatior hose.

My advice would be to move the radiator down. Good luck.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Yeah, lower the radiator, it's the easiest way.

I made lowering plates out of some diamond plate aluminum that I had laying around.

Several of the vendors here have drop brackets, that will replace your radiator mount brackets.

Like Beau said, you do want to keep the fan near the center of the radiator for the most efficient cooling.