• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lower radiator hose?

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
I've called all over town to try to get a lower radiator hose and they all just have the flex crap. Is it only possible to get the formed hose from one of the Bronco parts houses?

Bronco Sport

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
You must have some crap parts stores. I coulda bought localy and had a one day wait but I ordered one from BC Broncos. It took almost a week (ordered on a friday) but I saved 'bout $12.

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
I tried Napa, Car Quest, Shucks, and Baxters and they all said the book had a flex hose part number.

My Bronco is dead in the water until I can get a hose and I don't want that flex crap. Maybe I'll try a little harder tomorrow calling around town. I'm not worried about the price as Tom's has it for $17.00 + shipping. I just want to drive the damn thing for more than one day without something blowing up. This is the last hose I need.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
72 302 stock formed lower radiator hose Napa #7390. I bought it about a year ago for a spare.

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
I agree that NAPA is your best bet... I got one from them, had a pretty bad oil leak at the time and the thing absorbed alot of oil got squishy and popped... Got another from them after fixin the leak and it works great to this day...

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Ron, check with Thrifties. I know they have it. I had an extra one I would have given you but I cut it in half when I did my last engine swap.

mrcat88

Bronco Guru
Loc.
VacaVILE, CA
I've got both of mine at Autozone without any problems. They are good about getting what they don't have, but they usually have them in stock.

Mrcat88

vap13

I found one at NAPA also but I have yet to find one with the wire coil in it like the original.

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
vap13 said:
I found one at NAPA also but I have yet to find one with the wire coil in it like the original.

I just got this one from Napa and it does have the coil in it. Here is the description from Napa's web site.

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/n...tail.d2w/report?prrfnbr=15572624&prmenbr=5806

NAPA Belts and Hoses Hose - Radiator Lower
Item#: NBH7390
Price: $ 16.69

Attributes:
Attributes: Hose - Radiator Lower
I.D.(s): 1.75'' x 1.75'' x 1.75''
Length: 15.5''
Equipped with Steel Coil: Yes

vap13

Thanks for the info, they must have one with or without the coil. I'll definately get one with it.
Thanks - Paul