• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mallory Coil Replacement

adl3026

Loc.
Orlando, Fl
I have a Mallory Unilite dist and Promaster coil setup on my 408 cid engine. I have been running this setup for 30+ years and am not wanting to replace the entire ignition system. My coil is bad now and I can't get a replacement since Mallory is basically gone. What would you guys recommend as an economical replacement? I am going to replace the entire ignition in the future, but would like to get it running now. I can still get a Mallory 29216 canister style from Summit. Would this suffice for the time being?

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I'm running a Pertronix Flamethrower coil & dizzy,my 302 has a mild build,but this combo works great.I had a summit dizzy and stock coil go bad so I upgraded to these,got it all from Summit. :cool:

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
A Unilite shouldn't care (been years since I messed with one) what coil is used so long as it's given the correct voltage. I'm a fan of stock parts, I'd investigate using a late model's "e-core" coil.