• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

map of members

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wouldn't it be nifty to have a map built into this site locating members who share their whereabouts? I know of a few guys that are close to me, but I just found another a couple hours drive from me. Makes me wonder just how many more are within an hour from me..

Anyone else ever think about this?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Click on the Community link at top of page, Members List and sort by state, pretty cool

Jeff

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
community link works good for that purpose..

Map would be cool also Adam

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't mean to be clueless, but I can't figure out how to add a place. I think you have to share the map first.

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That link doesn't work for me. tells me I'm not connected to a network.

Last edited:

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Try it now, I changed a setting, you should be able to pin now.

Basically, admin can embed the same shared map on this site if they choose.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Click on the Community link at top of page, Members List and sort by state, pretty cool

Jeff

It works. You'll notice however, there are more inactive members than active. I wish there was some way Jon could clean that up.
I guess that might be an indicator. There are true Bronco lovers, and fair weather Bronco enthusiasts.%)

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
It works. You'll notice however, there are more inactive members than active. I wish there was some way Jon could clean that up.
I guess that might be an indicator. There are true Bronco lovers, and fair weather Bronco enthusiasts.%)

I sorted it but last visited and I was able to find someone nearby. I've been wanting to find someone close by to get measurements because my body was so shot that I needed to rebuild it all. Very cool feature

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yeah, I was seeing that. There's a guy 30 miles from me that hasn't logged on since , i think, 2008. I'd suggest a 3 year inactive period and then automatic removal from membership. But can a membership be pulled without loss of their contributions/content in case they come back later?

To add yourself to the map, put whatever you want your location shown as in the search box. When it comes up, there's a box over the location on the map. In the bottom of that box, click "+add to map." then click on the pencil icon to edit the label. I changed the name of the location to my handle, and put the location (city, whatever you want) in the note box underneath. then click save.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
there was one like this a long time ago, I lost the link not even sure if it would work anymore anyway.
just added mine

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
if you cant figure out how to add yourself, send me a pm, and ill do it for you. i'll need to know what location you want to be shown at.

there are a few points with bad info. I can change them if you want.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I've noticed there are some with vague locations too.
Car owners can be a fickle lot. I can't see reason for that discretion. It's sort of like those who fog the license plates in photos. I drive my cars, right out in public view, every day, so what does it matter?

always wondered about the license plate thing too, kinda like the sellers that wont even post pics for fear of their photos being 'stolen' wtf

Toddpole

Contributor
All I get now is a blank page. Firewall may have it blocked.