• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB - Hooters Get together Richmond, VA Jan 17, 2009

L&D's Broncos

Nothing ever goes as planned.......

I had one of the bronco's loaded to go.....
But had to unload and switch out for wife's car we are heading to Nashville that weekend to meet my sister and hers at airport they are driving it back to New Mexico. Sold wife's car so now BII is Lisa's daily driver. At least until economy improves ;D
But we plan to make a few events this year. Anybody needing to move something from Nashville, Tn? I have an empty trailer coming home next weekend to Western North Carolina. Or anything in between? I-40 all the way.
Thanks and have a good turnout all.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll be there with my Ford.....Taurus %)

Thought you were bringing the engine from the halfcab for the relay from PA to NC? That would require the Super Duty. We are bringing your engine stand to Hooters, guess it will go home in the Taurus just like it did when you loaned it to us.

Brawnko

Loc.
Mechanicsville
You can always leave the engine stand at my house!
Looking forward to seeing everyone! Have the back room reserved around to the left when you come in.
Donald, sorry you can't make it!
So, we having a good turnout?
I put the word out to some local bronco guys too including one that has one for sale for $21K in the local paper!
Weather forcast is mostly sunny high 40 degrees :cool:

BK

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Thought you were bringing the engine from the halfcab for the relay from PA to NC? That would require the Super Duty. We are bringing your engine stand to Hooters, guess it will go home in the Taurus just like it did when you loaned it to us.

Change of plans, getting the 289 built locally. I was going to bring it in my utility trailer behind the Taurus though, cheaper than diesel! ;D

Will need the engine stand soon. I had to pull one of the ones I had in use as a frame rotesserie on my trail rig for AJ's engine. Lots of projects going on in my shop lately, too bad none are mine! :cry: :-[

I expect to roll in between 11 and noon.

Drew

Bronco Biff

Contributor
If any of you cats coming has and extra set of windshield wiper shaft nuts and washers you can part with for a reasonable fee and have room to tote them, stickem' in your pocket for me!

Brawnko

Loc.
Mechanicsville
Looks like the weather is going to be sunny but a little chilly tomorrow. High about 30. Tropical by PA standards. :cool:
Hope to see a good turnout!

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
Here are some pics from todays M&G.

HootersMG2009001.jpg

HootersMG2009003.jpg

HootersMG2009014.jpg

HootersMG2009017.jpg

HootersMG2009018.jpg

HootersMG2009024.jpg

HootersMG2009025.jpg

HootersMG2009030.jpg

HootersMG2009031.jpg

HootersMG2009032.jpg

HootersMG2009033.jpg

HootersMG2009037.jpg

HootersMG2009039.jpg

HootersMG2009044.jpg

HootersMG2009045.jpg

HootersMG2009046.jpg

HootersMG2009047.jpg

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
looks like you'll had a good turn-out ...
dang cold temps -7 here last night , froze all my water lines.. Took all day to get back water..
I had been looking forward to this event, I needed some EB time for sure since this divorce forced me to sale my 68 .. :mad:

Not sure what or who I miss the most, NOT ... I know I miss Project 68 more !! :cry:
Maybe one day I'll be able to get another one ....

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Tony, you were missed brother. Jeff caught me up on the haps. Sorry the pipes busted but I am glad you were around to catch it.

The event was bigger this year than last and I liked seeing everyone again. It is nice to catch up. Also this is the first event in two years that I was able to bring the Bronco to. It gave me some trouble and the search and rescue was almost dispatched but luckily Dad and I made it.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I love the white 76' thats for sale. The stance and the wheel choice looks really good together.

Nice turn out.

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
It gave me some trouble and the search and rescue was almost dispatched...

Yeah, Jeff and I were wondering where you were. We were ready to send out a contact team. I was sure you were broken down on the side of the road, somewhere between King George and Richmond!

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Dad and I stopped twice. It was about to get annoying. Turned out the rear tank must have been mostly water. I added some stp and we went on our way. It took half the time on the way back. It seemed to clear alright. Remember my garage is always open! I will most likely park the new truck now that the Bronco is running again! :p

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Wow - great turnout this year! With the cold weather we thought a few folks would just stay home, but it didn't seem to deter anyone. Someone counted about 15 Broncos, including Fordfilly's FSB, and we probably had between 40 and 50 people total. Quite a good turnout for having most people start their day at temps near zero, and some even below zero! Chad and his dad even drove his black EB in with just the bikini and a windjammer on it.

Axel, thanks for posting the pics - I forgot my camera. I did take a few shots with my phone, but I haven't figured out how to upload them from the phone yet!

Matt, good talking to you and your dad - I enjoy talking airplanes (almost) as much as I enjoy talking Broncos. Glad you made it back OK.

Scott (4X4X289), your truck got a lot of looks and comments - some nice and unique features!

Biff, Larry, Chip, Rick, Jeff, good talking to you guys again.

Tony, really sorry you couldn't make it.

It was good visiting with all the "regulars" and also good to meet quite a number of new folks. Hope to see most of you at some of the other MEB events we have planned for this year. (HINT - next month is the Snow Run at Rausch Creek!) ;D

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the pics Axel. It was a great turnout on what was probably the coldest M&G day we've ever had! It was great to see everybody and meet a few new guys as well.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Last year was much colder.

Gary, Dad loves talking planes too. I am glad he had something in common with someone there. If not, then he would just be humoring me the whole time. ;p

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Just getting settled back in.....what a great weekend. Enjoyed seeing all the Bronco's and talking with you guys......I got to relate some more faces to handles on here!! Me and Jim left there and rolled on to Crozet for some wheelin' fun.......

evn73

I love the white 76' thats for sale. The stance and the wheel choice looks really good together.

Nice turn out.

I thought the same thing. I have the exact same wheel and tire setup! lol

and it would have been nice to see a few scantly clad hooters girls around!