• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Lunch at the Lube! January 22, 2011 ** PICS start on Page 3 **

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Or the time he ran out of gas on the rock challenge in Paragon! THAT was a riot! ;D!

Was that the Challenge run when Jim Cole was his spotter and he got tangled up five ways to Sunday? Or the year before?

ghettoct

Loc.
williamsburg
Ben, LOL! I guess she grabbed on to you guys because she was there by herself. My wife ended up talking to her for a while. Seemed nice and she actually does have a Bronco!

Gary

I guess you guys are talking about me. I think I might be "the blond" (Deborah). I do have a bronco that my husband and I are still working on. I was there by myself because my husband was working a 24 hour shift at the Fire Department. I had fun at the event and tried to talk to a few people. I'm not good in big crowds of people I don't know - but I tried. :p I must have talked to Ben extra because his bronco kinda looks like mine. I couldn't bring it on Saturday, but here's a picture.

P1160862.JPG

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I guess you guys are talking about me. I think I might be "the blond" (Deborah). I do have a bronco that my husband and I are still working on. I was there by myself because my husband was working a 24 hour shift at the Fire Department. I had fun at the event and tried to talk to a few people. I'm not good in big crowds of people I don't know - but I tried. :p I must have talked to Ben extra because his bronco kinda looks like mine. I couldn't bring it on Saturday, but here's a picture.

P1160862.JPG

Deborah, yes! I was very impressed that you had the courage to come by yourself! My wife (Kyle - another blond!) got a laugh out of reading this. Hope to see you and your husband at future MEB events.

Nice looking Bronco too! ;D

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
Was that the Challenge run when Jim Cole was his spotter and he got tangled up five ways to Sunday? Or the year before?

Thats a great question...the only part I really remember is him running out of gas and they standing on his rear tire filling it back up.

Thats back when I was going to all the events so it could be everything just blending...I aint no spring chicken ya know, memories not what it used to be! ;D

CORE4WD

Loc.
Virginia Beach
Good eye! Yes, that is Gershom's old truck. Bought last year by another MEB member (Travis and his dad Barry, but not sure if either is on CB). They're planning on 4-linking the rear. Also see the 5th pic in post #44.

Travis is, not sure about dad...

All these super-looking stockers running around here is making me wonder if my son is old enough to start a resto! Well, come to think of it he HAS been helping with dad's and some others since he was three heh heh!

Last edited:

70greenhorn

Loc.
Manakin Sabot, VA
MAN...Y'all been busy since I went to bed last night!
av8rds/bmc69- thanks for the stories about Gershom and his rig. Keep em coming...would be awesome to hear more. Got any old Pics?

Perfect timing on the "pinion a lill ofset," Thomas Kincer (Krawlers Edge) is taking it back to TN to stretch the rear and build a 4 link. I will try to post some photos as I get them from Thomas.

Although I never met Gershom Litz, I wish I had. His workmanship on this rig is top notch, which must also be a reflection of his character. I am greatful for the opportunity to enjoy the bronco.

-Travis

Fixinto

Loc.
Afton
I guess you guys are talking about me. I think I might be "the blond" (Deborah).

Hey Deborah! Yeah, it was funny how many of the guys thought I had a new girlfriend!;) Anyway, it was nice to meet you. Hope you had a good time and are now more comfortable around Bronco people. Especially since you are one of us now!

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru

P1160862.JPG

Deborah - it was great meeting you on Saturday, and I'm glad you came to check out the Broncos and MEB. We'd love for you and your husband to join the club. Hopefully you can come to Carlisle for All Ford in June with your Bronco.

Judy Payne
MEB President

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Had a great time and it was nice to see everyone. Will had a basketball game so Donna and the kids couldn't make the trip. And although she was very plesant to talk to I was NOT there with the blonde! She was just a Bronco owner from Williamsburg. So everyone (Brian) can delete their blackmail pictures. :)

Ben

That ain't what you told me! But like I said, I'd cover for ya ;)

Is that Gershoms old truck in post #40? He was a great guy, and a loss to the Bronco community. If its not his truck, well I still say the same thing! :)

I have talked and dealt with Travis and Barry a couple times now, it is in good hands again, and will be expanded on.

70greenhorn

Loc.
Manakin Sabot, VA
I have talked and dealt with Travis and Barry a couple times now, it is in good hands again, and will be expanded on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment Jeff!!!

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
Travis - I may have a few photos of Gershom doing the rock challenge at the roundup. If so, they won't be digital but if I can find any I'll scan them, print and bring them to the roundup in June for you.

Judy

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
MAN...Y'all been busy since I went to bed last night!
av8rds/bmc69- thanks for the stories about Gershom and his rig. Keep em coming...would be awesome to hear more. Got any old Pics?

You know..I just might. I'll go dig through the old archives and see. IIRC..I have at least one or two of him diverting off the main ride to climb a steep and quite smooth rock wall at Paragon while the rest of us wimps stood around and just watched him do it.;)

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
I have a couple more but it was with his brother(?) driving after he had passed away. They are on my drive at work so I'll get them later. Everything else I have is actual pictures packed away in a box somewhere.

70greenhorn

Loc.
Manakin Sabot, VA
Judy, bmc69 and av8rds,
thanks for looking into the pics, anything you can share will be greatly appreciated.

bmc69
I like the story about climbing rocks off the beaten path...sounds like fun;D

I will IM y'all and give you my contact info.

thanks,
Travis

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Here's a few. This is the MEB East Coast Bronco Round Up Rock Challenge at Paragon in 2004.

Attachments

• Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 061.jpg
    Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 061.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 069.jpg
    Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 069.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 24
  • Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 068.jpg
    Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 068.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 066.jpg
    Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 066.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 065.jpg
    Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 065.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 064.jpg
    Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 064.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 063.jpg
    Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 063.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 062.jpg
    Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 062.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 073.jpg
    Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 073.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 26
  • Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 072.jpg
    Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 072.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 071.jpg
    Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 071.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 070.jpg
    Mike RU June 25-26, 2004 070.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 23

ghettoct

Loc.
williamsburg
Deborah - it was great meeting you on Saturday, and I'm glad you came to check out the Broncos and MEB. We'd love for you and your husband to join the club. Hopefully you can come to Carlisle for All Ford in June with your Bronco.

Judy Payne
MEB President

I joined online after the meeting. Thanks for making me feel welcome!

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Wow, you guys had a great turnout. That's awesome. The inside of the QS & L looks really cool.

I see a few rigs that I remember from Gore this past year...I can't wait to go again this year!!!

Steve

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Wow, you guys had a great turnout. That's awesome. The inside of the QS & L looks really cool.

I see a few rigs that I remember from Gore this past year...I can't wait to go again this year!!!

Steve

Did you see me? I didn't have my step stool so you may have missed me..