• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Rausch Creek Ride, Aug 17th, 2013

dunacn1

Loc.
Holland, PA
I rode along with Chris Jones, who was gracious enough (and daring enough) to let me get behind the wheel for a couple of the trails. We had a blast. I think I may even have the bug to find a trail rig too!

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Looks you guys may be duking it out for that next trail rig!

Muskrat - I am in for some easy trail riding sometime soon. The weekend of Sep 7,21,28 are all open as of now.

muskrat

Bronco Guru

Muskrat - I am in for some easy trail riding sometime soon. The weekend of Sep 7,21,28 are all open as of now.

Excellent. I'll look at the calendar and let you know. I'll do it quick so we can post it up on here and the MEB site. Stay tuned. One of those dates is our church's annual car cruise night, not sure which saturday it is, but other than that, I should be good.

Get back to you soon.

muskrat

Bronco Guru

Fireball, my car cruise is the 14th. You go for the 28th? Please let me know if that still works for you and we can post it up for the others to check as well.

We need at least two rigs to run the trails, so we are covered there. My neighbor, a Heep guy will join us as well.

Later.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
I can lock the 28th in. Not sure I'm ready to scratch my Bronco up yet, so will likely bring the 4R (32s, rear locker) Would like to scout out some of the easier trails though.

Dlish

enjoy the 28th guys! Girlfriend just informed me that I will be at one of her friends weddings. That makes it 4 weekends this summer I have to hear the same stories from the same people.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That orange bronco sure looks familiar ;D Looks like a good time for everybody. Dave - I love seeing your stocker on the trails, although I still think that paint job is too nice to scratch up, but if you're havin' fun that's what matters.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
That orange bronco sure looks familiar ;D Looks like a good time for everybody. Dave - I love seeing your stocker on the trails, although I still think that paint job is too nice to scratch up, but if you're havin' fun that's what matters.

Judy, after 5 years of pampering her and doing car shows, I got bored!!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Great pics! Wish I could have made it.

But to make up for it I attended the CCB/ACB breakfast at Bronco Hut and got to do some wheeling afterwards. Here's a pic at about 10K feet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 29

Bronco Biff

Contributor
....Dang!!! Didn't realize Texas was so far South, is that 10K feet below?

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Great pics! Wish I could have made it.

But to make up for it I attended the CCB/ACB breakfast at Bronco Hut and got to do some wheeling afterwards. Here's a pic at about 10K feet.

Those must be the new Spiderman Tires! Dang those things hold on the rocks!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Yup, rocks are so sticky here in CO that we wheel upside down! LOL

(darn iPhone . . . )

97XEB

Awesome time!

Awesome time! Lots of outstanding people and great rigs!

Dlish - Thanks for posting the pics. Keep 'em coming.

muskrat - Glad you had a great time, and were happy with the trails we ran. You deserve a ton of credit for wheeling that beautiful, LUBR the way you did! Wheels in the air, and all! I hope the PA pin-striping isn't too bad and that the black paint still looks beautiful!

I hung around and wheeled again Sunday. I have some great green, blue and blue / black trails in the East and South areas of the park for us to run next time. (I also helped them fix their NE map...at least as it relates to the Roswell / R section of the park. Thanks all for being patient with some of the dead ends and turn-arounds... )

I'll post up pics in the next few days.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Drew waiting on Randy?? How did that happen :eek:

I have learned that Randy likes to get up before the sun, but does not like to move before it!

He likes to drink his coffee, surf the net, have his breakfast and all the other things that are associated with his CPA disorder (Chronic Piss-Around)!;D

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Judy, after 5 years of pampering her and doing car shows, I got bored!!

I know what you mean, but I have not been able to convince my dad to take any of the stockers on the trail since my trail rigs are in pieces! ?:?

muskrat

Bronco Guru
I know what you mean, but I have not been able to convince my dad to take any of the stockers on the trail since my trail rigs are in pieces! ?:?

Drew, your stockers and paint are in a whole different class. Mines a 20 footer. Any closer and you start to see the many flaws and age setting in. My respray was done in '96.

Wheeling is a hell of a lot more fun than sitting on a folder chair at a car show!

If I had the space, money and time, I'd have a trail rig. You just need to work with what you got.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Awesome time! Lots of outstanding people and great rigs!

Dlish - Thanks for posting the pics. Keep 'em coming.

muskrat - Glad you had a great time, and were happy with the trails we ran. You deserve a ton of credit for wheeling that beautiful, LUBR the way you did! Wheels in the air, and all! I hope the PA pin-striping isn't too bad and that the black paint still looks beautiful!

I hung around and wheeled again Sunday. I have some great green, blue and blue / black trails in the East and South areas of the park for us to run next time. (I also helped them fix their NE map...at least as it relates to the Roswell / R section of the park. Thanks all for being patient with some of the dead ends and turn-arounds... )

I'll post up pics in the next few days.

After seeing JohnJohn's GPS tracking app on his phone, I downloaded one last night for the 9\28 run we are talking about doing. Great app. Match your phone with the trail map and it gives you a pretty good idea of where to go and how to get back. Thanks for sharing it JohnJohn.