• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Rausch Creek Summer Run - August 18 **PICS PG 3**

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
FYI, RC race that day as well, fair amount of people, rigs etc.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I was hoping to get my 4x4x2 steering box and lines done in time. It isn't looking good :(

Does anyone have an open seat???

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
FYI, RC race that day as well, fair amount of people, rigs etc.

The last couple of years we've been there during a race. The parking lot will be a bit crowded, but most will be watching the racing and NOT be on the trails. Also the trail fee we will be paying will also let us into the race area so if anyone wants to stop wheeling a bit early in the afternoon and watch part of the racing they can do so for no additional entrance fee. (Bill - I know you know this - just posted for other's benefit who may not be faimiliar with Rausch.)

I was hoping to get my 4x4x2 steering box and lines done in time. It isn't looking good :(

Does anyone have an open seat???

Allen, I will have an open seat. My wife is coming to Rausch but she can't wheel with me because her neck is bothering her. She's just going for the camping! LOL

But your wlecome to ride with me.

@Chris - what time do you think you'll get to Rausch on Friday?

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Should be there about 7pm if all goes as planned. %)

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Should be there about 7pm if all goes as planned. %)

We're going to try to beat DC traffic and leave by 2 or 3. That should ge us to Rausch around 5 or 6. With the race we may need to camp towards the back.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
We're going to try to beat DC traffic and leave by 2 or 3. That should ge us to Rausch around 5 or 6. With the race we may need to camp towards the back.

I'll give you a call to figure out where you will be. Save me a big spot.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I'm not going to make it as I had wanted to. Will not be home from NJ probably until 2-3AM Friday night and there is a big annual equipment auction down the road on Saturday that has a few items I saw tonight that I might try to buy.

Gary, I will probably see you Saturday night since I need to meet up with Judy to pick up some stuff when you guys come back down Rt 15. Maybe we can get dinner in Dillsburg if it is not too late for you when you come though?

Dlish

Looks like you have some work to do! So back away from the computer and get to work! LOL

Not going to make this one, just not enough hours in the day to finish putting it all back together and shake it down.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
. . .

Gary, I will probably see you Saturday night since I need to meet up with Judy to pick up some stuff when you guys come back down Rt 15. Maybe we can get dinner in Dillsburg if it is not too late for you when you come though?

I spoke to Judy yesterday and we are planning on dinner Sat night.

Good luck at the auction - always interesting to see what you and your dad bring home - LOL!

Not going to make this one, just not enough hours in the day to finish putting it all back together and shake it down.

Sorry you can't make it but we understand - been there! Next MEB RC ride will be the Snow Run in February. That should give you some time to get it done!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Is everyone spending the $10 to go to the NE property?

Bill do you know if the race will be over there and the NE property will be closed to wheeling??

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Is everyone spending the $10 to go to the NE property?

Bill do you know if the race will be over there and the NE property will be closed to wheeling??

Don't bother, that's where the race is being held.

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
Had a great day wheelin' at Rausch Creek. The weather was beautiful and the park was not busy at all.

Bill - thanks for leading all day, it was fun and everyone seemed to have a great time...well...maybe Drew's day wasn't so much fun. But it all worked out in the end. I got some great pics, will try to get them posted tonight.

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
Thank you again to Gary, Art and Chris for towing my Bronco out! I really appreciate how everyone helped me out!

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
Everyone was safe. My Bronco died at the far end of the park. It might have been because of the 3' deep water that we drove through, but I am still trying to diagnose what the real problem is.

Gary and Art had to hook both of their Broncos up in front of mine to haul mine back up the mountain.

97XEB

Glad everyone is safe. Hey, you're on 36s - 3' is just up to the tires so that doesn't sound so bad :)

Seriously, hope it's nothing and that all is well after it dries out - or at least something very minor.