• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mint 400 Movie plus Vintage Stroppe Pics

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Believe those are the Goodyear Pikes Peak specials.....will take another look

My Bad - I think the ones in the trailer are Goodyear Suburbanite tires. Maybe for a pickup or a support vehicle perhaps.

I know that different drivers preferred different treads. I have notes on some of their preferences. More for the book!

Andrew

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Andrew,

I'm sitting in San Francisco airport at the moment. It looks gorgeous outside!

Jeff

Ovalis

Contributor
Loc.
Los Angeles
I spoke with a neighbor this morning who has an 8 mm projector that works. He is going to let me borrow it.

Make sure you check to see if your film is 8mm or Super 8. The perforation holes are different size & spacing and can mess up your film if you feed it through the wrong projector. The spindle sizes on the projector & film reel are different for 8mm & Super 8 so it shouldn't allow you to mount it in the first place, but I have received films in the past that were mixed up. Probably not likely in your case, but in case when you mount the reel and it doesn't fit, you'll know why.

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Ovalis,

Make sure you check to see if your film is 8mm or Super 8. The perforation holes are different size & spacing and can mess up your film if you feed it through the wrong projector. The spindle sizes on the projector & film reel are different for 8mm & Super 8 so it shouldn't allow you to mount it in the first place, but I have received films in the past that were mixed up. Probably not likely in your case, but in case when you mount the reel and it doesn't fit, you'll know why.

Thanks for the advice. The neighbor thought the projector had the capability of playing both film types. I'll make sure to check it out completely before loading the film.

Take Care,

Jeff

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Slightly off topic but still about the Mint 400..when I was 13 I received 3 posters with my subscription to Cycle Guide magazine. Ran across this one today.

1971 Mint 400

Attachments

• 0303171333.jpg
    0303171333.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 114
  • 0303171335.jpg
    0303171335.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 104

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Slightly off topic but still about the Mint 400..when I was 13 I received 3 posters with my subscription to Cycle Guide magazine. Ran across this one today.

1971 Mint 400

still off roading :D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...when I was 13 I received 3 posters with my subscription to Cycle Guide magazine...

Loved that magazine! It was my first subscription if you don't count stuff from school and the Cub Scouts.
Still Read Kevin Cameron whenever I get the chance.
Oops, I read too fast and thought you said "Cycle" magazine.

And, it's where my username came from. DirtDonk was a nickname they gave to newbie off-road motorcycle riders. Neophyte wannabe ISDT riders, if you will.:cool:

Thanks for posting up that pic.

Paul

(edit: No I didn't! You said Cycle originally, then changed it to Cycle Guide. So? Which one was it?;D )

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Loved that magazine! It was my first subscription if you don't count stuff from school and the Cub Scouts.
Still Read Kevin Cameron whenever I get the chance.
Oops, I read too fast and thought you said "Cycle" magazine.

And, it's where my username came from. DirtDonk was a nickname they gave to newbie off-road motorcycle riders. Neophyte wannabe ISDT riders, if you will.:cool:

Thanks for posting up that pic.

Paul

(edit: No I didn't! You said Cycle originally, then changed it to Cycle Guide. So? Which one was it?;D )

Caught me. Yeah I put Cycle first then when posted 2nd picture and noticed "cycle guide" so I added it to post.

BTW "CYCLE" was my first magazine subscription as well. Matter fact probably still got them here some where. Also still got some very early ('73) Motocross Action issues.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
haha! Yeah, I had all of mine and could remember every cover from when I read them. Finally had to un-bury myself from some of my own history and sold them to a guy that was ecstatic to find them. He already had a good collection of his own going on, and had some of mine too, but bought them all just because.
We had way too much fun remembering magazine covers and good times in our lives there in that office parking lot like we were doing a drug deal.

Fun stuff.
But we digress....;)%)

Paul

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Half Cab,

Thanks for posting the pics. Bikes are what made going to any races more fun. Lots of memories of being in the desert and just having a blast.

Jeff

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Guys,

I'm looking forward to posting some new pics once I digitize a few more slides today and tomorrow. Work calls, so I will be out of touch for a few more days this week. Then I'll have the opportunity to post more regularly.

Before I post any new pictures, I want to say thanks to ToddZ. When I returned from Portland on Friday night, there was Priority envelope in the stack of mail. I saw it was from Todd, so it was one of the first things I opened. I really had no idea what to expect. I actually thought he might have sent a pic that I hadn't seen before. I was blown away when I opened the package! I am attaching scans of two pictures that were in the package. Take a look, and then I'll finish the story.

Jeff

Attachments

• Parnelli Jones Signed 1001 (Copy).jpg
    Parnelli Jones Signed 1001 (Copy).jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Parnelli Jones Signed 1002 (Copy).jpg
    Parnelli Jones Signed 1002 (Copy).jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 140
OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Again,

So here's the rest of the story about the two pics.

A few weeks ago Todd wrote and asked if he could share some of the picture files I posted with a friend. This friend, according to Todd, is close to Parnelli. As it was explained to me, Parnelli doesn't do electronic stuff. (I took that to mean emails and forums (as well as general social media stuff, like Facebook, to which I can totally relate)). So, I emailed a few of the slides that had something to do with Parnelli directly to Todd.

I really didn't expect much to happen. I would have been excited just to have Todd report back that Parnelli thought the pics were cool, and that he appreciated receiving them. This went a lot further than that. Todd went out of his way to have actual 8 x 10 photos created from the files and Parnelli autographed them. According to Todd, the friend of Todd's even asked Todd to send a set of the pictures so that Parnelli could have a set.

Both of those signed pictures will be framed. One will probably become a computer desktop, too! I will cherish both of them.

Thank you, Todd, for going out of your way to share those with Parnelli, and for the photos and signatures. You made my day!

Take Care,

Jeff

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks to you and your father Jeff! This has been an awesome thread to follow!! Seeing this bronco history unfold and sharing the passion with us has been fun and amazing.

And kudos goes out to Todd for being the upstanding bronco brother he always is! Without the "bronco", none of this would happen! Thanks guys, Tim.