• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mississippi Bronco Club

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
Glad to see the MS EB family is growing. Welcome to both of you. Wish there were a few more down here on the coast. Jackson is a little far for a Tuesday night meeting!!

Getting ready for a trip to CO and Moab on the 16th if all goes as planned. Going to wheel around my old stomping grounds near Idaho Springs for 3 days then off to Moab for several days of wheeling. Anyone interested in making a trip? The wife, daughter and son-in-law were supposed to be going but have all backed out so I'm going alone. Meeting some old Heep friends up there.

I'd love to go to Moab. That trip is a few years out for me though. Be safe and take pics for us. A local guy went for the Easter jeep safari. It is beautiful out there. Sux you have to make that trek by yourself ..

BurninGT

Loc.
Vicksburg, MS
Anyone have any recommendations on somewhere or someone in the jackson or surrounding area that paints. I need to get my bronco repainted and so far I've only checked with body shops and they all say the same thing. "Its a work in on the side project for older vehicles and it could take a long time." I really don't wont to be down a long time. Thanks for any info.

74 Explorer

Anyone have any recommendations on somewhere or someone in the jackson or surrounding area that paints. I need to get my bronco repainted and so far I've only checked with body shops and they all say the same thing. "Its a work in on the side project for older vehicles and it could take a long time." I really don't wont to be down a long time. Thanks for any info.

This is usually the problem. The body shops make the easy money by doing the
insurance jobs. They don't want to take on some old rusty vehicle. (more time consuming).
Some shops with work on it when they are slow. There is one on 471 close to Brandon that I would recomend, but he will cost you and he will only work on it when he is slow.. Quality 1st. Dewight Barnett. He does awesome work.
Have you talked to Randy @ Randy's body shop, or George Carr?

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
Burgers and broncos tomorrow night??
Whos in?

Wish I could. Out of town. Always out of town%)

I see a lot of lakes in MS, including Bee Lake, have seen the flying carp introduced due to the flooding. Hope nobody gets whacked in the head by one of those. Ouch!

trtlsoup22

Wish I could. Out of town. Always out of town%)

I see a lot of lakes in MS, including Bee Lake, have seen the flying carp introduced due to the flooding. Hope nobody gets whacked in the head by one of those. Ouch!

It may help Nyles... Ive seen them for several years now in the ms river... You got to keep your guard up! They can do some damage!

I'm up for burgers broncos and beer!

grit

Fixin to get a 290hp 302 built and a built C4 for my 77 302 3 on the tree that I have had 30 years. I have a 74 302 auto donar Bronco. The 77 Bronco is pertty nice and will not be seeing much mud and no Rocks... looking for info and suggestions such as what alum intake and carb and still get the stock hood closed. Intend to get the work done in V'burg as I live in Port Gibson.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
performer intake with edlebrock carb worked for me. what machine shop and what transmission builder?

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
who is building the motor? they should have a good suggestion for the carb size.

I would also like to see the specs on a 290hp 302. it should have aluminum heads and a healthy cam which may not be a good combo for you.

now for a daily driver i would suggest EFI. there are several of us EFI guys here in the area for advice. it beats a carb all the way around :) There is a 96 explorer in the pull a part at byram with the belt driver set up and gt40p heads. it would be a great donor for a motor. Roller cam that would work great in a bronco, gt40p heads, and it is a 50oz balance motor.

grit

Machine shop: I have been to and talked w Jack Hill shop behind bowling alley at the old arch clay st.

grit

the '72 in my pic is one I gave to my daughter. Mine is a '77 ( trtlsoup has seen it)uncut, unjacked, new interior, new paint in and outside, new tanks, still a pertty much stock original 302 std tranny. Found some money and want to upgrade to more HP and auto. a EFI w AOD but w the j shifter mods to get a AOD in?? as I said earlier I have a '74 donor rust bucket that is a 302 auto

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Hey grit you need to post up some pic's of them Broncos(even the donner)in your gallery.;D