• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mississippi Bronco Club

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
who is building the motor? they should have a good suggestion for the carb size.

I would also like to see the specs on a 290hp 302. it should have aluminum heads and a healthy cam which may not be a good combo for you.

now for a daily driver i would suggest EFI. there are several of us EFI guys here in the area for advice. it beats a carb all the way around :) There is a 96 explorer in the pull a part at byram with the belt driver set up and gt40p heads. it would be a great donor for a motor. Roller cam that would work great in a bronco, gt40p heads, and it is a 50oz balance motor.

^^X's 2 ^^;D

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
i have enough junk :)

right now i have a broke down 75 bronco (radiator), long term 93 mustang coupe project, 91 coupe with no oil pressure (should be my daily driver), 2004 cobra needs body work, and a 93 mustang hatch parts car.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
i have enough junk :)

right now i have a broke down 75 bronco (radiator), long term 93 mustang coupe project, 91 coupe with no oil pressure (should be my daily driver), 2004 cobra needs body work, and a 93 mustang hatch parts car.

thought you knew how to fix all that stuff?

no oil pressure i bets the gauge, Ive never lost a oil pump

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
i do know how to fix it all but time is the enemy.

its not the gauge. i have put two sending units on then a mechanical gauge. it has 0 pressure at idle and 25 psi at about 3500 rpm. most likely cam bearings. i picked up a exploder motor today. had it pulled from the exploder in about a hour flat :) sawzall is a handy tool!!!

trtlsoup22

i do know how to fix it all but time is the enemy.

its not the gauge. i have put two sending units on then a mechanical gauge. it has 0 pressure at idle and 25 psi at about 3500 rpm. most likely cam bearings. i picked up a exploder motor today. had it pulled from the exploder in about a hour flat :) sawzall is a handy tool!!!

Dude is a motor nazi!... 1 hour flat he had it pulled out and strapped down on the trailer! :eek:

grit

Posted some pics of my daughter's '72. Have to take or find pics of my '77