• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moab Bronco Safari

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
OK, here's a couple of teaser pics:

Devils Highway Hot tub:

DHHT1.jpg

KevDHHT1.jpg

GregDHHT1.jpg

JoeDHHT1.jpg

Hells Gate:
EricHG1.jpg

Escalator:
MarkEsc1.jpg

KevEsc1.jpg

JoeEsc1.jpg

GregEsc1.jpg

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice pics- No fair you guys missed all the water, fluids etc. left over from heep safari!!! The ranger finally came out this year-I did cheat however, left the TSLs in NC and ran the Krawlers :)

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Kral I was the only one with out crawlers it took me 5 times . Greg

Nothing wrong with that. Two years ago, myself, three other rigs on TSLs, and one buggy on Creepies could not get out. The bottom was about 1-2' deep in water and fluids left over....... What did you think about the angle of the water fall on Uppder Helldorado? I could not climb that without cable. The ranger might have but the driver lost his nerve!!!!!
Glad you had a good trip :)

Franked

Loc.
Vallejo, CA
Hey Greg, yes that was a lot of fun. Very cool to meet you guys, I have a pic Im going to try to put up, It's you on Potato Salad Hill. .........OK, can't seem to figure out how to put up a picture up.

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
OK, can't seem to figure out how to put up a picture up.

The easiest way is to post it elsewhere, then hit the image button here and paste the link in to where it is. The software will then pull it over and post here. For example, the top pic is here:

http://pages.prodigy.net/71broncoman/Moab2010/DHHT1.jpg

If you have contributor or Vendor status on here you can add them direct to posts, but they're thumbnails and open in a java window.
Joe

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Spent last night pulling the windshield frame off. I have another one, but it is set for vacuum wipers...debating buying another windshield frame or sectioning the old and the new together to keep the electric setup..... Laid the EB on its side at the bottom of High Dive.... Thankfully, nothing to serious to fix.:-[

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Spent last night pulling the windshield frame off. I have another one, but it is set for vacuum wipers...debating buying another windshield frame or sectioning the old and the new together to keep the electric setup..... Laid the EB on its side at the bottom of High Dive.... Thankfully, nothing to serious to fix.:-[

Use the holes for the vacuum wipers and add a piece to the linkage, easy to do and will work great.

sstclair

Sounds good to me, will check it out and see what I can do. Easier than finding/buying a new windshield frame....:cool:
That setup is what I did as well.. just lengthened the long link.

On another note:
Thanks Cracker.. you did a great job as the on the spot trail leader for us. All my Yellow Bronc wanted was a bath when we got home. I think I'll call it the 3 legged dog, because it doesn't know it shouldn't be happy with me. 7 cylinders, a blown clutch gear in the arb, a torn bikini and a few dinged body panels, it's all good. Even the tailgate still opens with a little coaxing. Peggy, that's a different story though.

I'll post up some pics and links to the videos shortly.
-Steve

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
Had a great time with you guys this week, MAJOR thanks to Dave for showing us all the trails he could.

Just rolled into town and unloaded everything, 12 hour haul to Butte to crash there then another 8 back home.

SO many new ideas to incorporate!

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
Do we put all pics in this thread or start a new Bronco Safari '10 pic thread? I got over 300....... mostly my rig but.....

OH where was clint, I still want my money back.....

Amac70

ME
I had a great time also this year, big thanks to dave again for doing an awesome job as trail leader. Looking forward to the next trip down. I'm sure ill have some pics to post in a day or 2 and some vids. but im tired right now just got back in.