• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Morgan's 1969 Bronco

OP
OP
1969miller

1969miller

Contributor
Loc.
Elk Grove
Got one frame plate fully welded in. Started mocking up the track bar bracket on the axle. Neat bracket from TMR customs, it was close enough to what i envisioned building, so was easier to go with the pre-fab bracket.

20240711_151353.jpg

20240711_151401.jpg

20240711_124809.jpg

20240711_124418.jpg

Started sleeving the frame for the steering box, it'd go faster if i could drill a straight hole where i wanted it to go. Out come the carbide bits..

20240718_163023.jpg

Story time.. Galt PD posted about a police chase involving a stolen truck on their FB page. I commented on the post in a smartass fashion that if the owners of the truck wanted to sell it to contact me and I would buy the wrecked GMC. Never expected it to actually happen. Paid the tow fees and picked it up the next morning. Also, turns out i went to high school with the trucks owner! he was bummed his work truck got stolen, but was ok with the sale and hearing the motor would go in something cool.
20240626_111530.jpg

If you haven't caught on.. The bronco will now be getting a chevy motor. Sorry purists, not sorry! More power, cheaper and easier to fit than a coyote. @Yeller I've read your posts about what intakes clear with a body lift, the belt drive etc, its all straight forward. My main question is can you post photos of the angle iron layed into your frame towers? I get it but a visual would help me lay this out with the C10 mounts you've talked about. Also what are the most economical S10 swap headers to run?

I plan on running the truck intake and belt drive since it will fit with my plans and its free. Stock tune ECU and a painless harness. Looking for bellhousing/clutch solutions to mate this engine to my TR4050 if anyone has any feedback..

20240626_111149.jpg

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
Got one frame plate fully welded in. Started mocking up the track bar bracket on the axle. Neat bracket from TMR customs, it was close enough to what i envisioned building, so was easier to go with the pre-fab bracket.

View attachment 928439

View attachment 928443

View attachment 928444

View attachment 928445

Started sleeving the frame for the steering box, it'd go faster if i could drill a straight hole where i wanted it to go. Out come the carbide bits..

View attachment 928446

Story time.. Galt PD posted about a police chase involving a stolen truck on their FB page. I commented on the post in a smartass fashion that if the owners of the truck wanted to sell it to contact me and I would buy the wrecked GMC. Never expected it to actually happen. Paid the tow fees and picked it up the next morning. Also, turns out i went to high school with the trucks owner! he was bummed his work truck got stolen, but was ok with the sale and hearing the motor would go in something cool.
View attachment 928447

If you haven't caught on.. The bronco will now be getting a chevy motor. Sorry purists, not sorry! More power, cheaper and easier to fit than a coyote. @Yeller I've read your posts about what intakes clear with a body lift, the belt drive etc, its all straight forward. My main question is can you post photos of the angle iron layed into your frame towers? I get it but a visual would help me lay this out with the C10 mounts you've talked about. Also what are the most economical S10 swap headers to run?

I plan on running the truck intake and belt drive since it will fit with my plans and its free. Stock tune ECU and a painless harness. Looking for bellhousing/clutch solutions to mate this engine to my TR4050 if anyone has any feedback..

View attachment 928448
Nice work!

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I caught on😂

I do not have pics, I managed to loose them somewhere along the way. When you get the c10 mounts in hand it will make sense. I’m happy to help any way I can. As for headers, all I’ve used have been Sanderson S10 swap headers. If your running inner fenders you have to bend the passenger side in about 3/4”, it’s easy just pull it with your hand. As an option that is rock dependable and flows well enough to support a 6500rpm 6.0 are trail blazer manifolds, last I checked they were $150ish a pair and bolt up, just have to trim the ears off the trans that you wonder why are there anyway, all of my personal swaps use those manifolds.

Connecting your trans is a piece of cake. You need a flywheel from a 1999 or 2000 c2500 with a 5 speed. Use the pilot bearing for the same application. Run your choice of 12” clutch and set up a hydraulic slave, internal or external. Use any SBC bell housing that will bolt up to your trans. Verify the input length (Ford and GM are not the same) I researched this for a long time how to mate an old school manual to an LS without the crazy expensive “conversion” flywheel. I believe this is all they are doing. GM did not change the NV4500 to bolt to a 6.0, they made a flywheel that works. They didn’t change the clutch either.

If you were closer we’d be negotiating on the trans out of that donor.