• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Motoman's Bachelor Party-Offroad ALL PICS ARE UP NOW

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
We decided we would get out of town for my bachelor party. All of us love the outdoors and thought about hanging out on the beach in Mexico for a few days..... well a couple of the groomsmen were not able to get a passport in time. We decided to do the 2nd annual bronco pub crawl (aka bachelor party)!

We wanted to do something different from the first Bronco Pub Crawl so plans were drawn up to to start at the Wild Horse on Friday..make our way to Prescott offroad via Wickenburg and end on Whiskey Row for Friday night festivities.

Saturday plans included Chino Valley to Perkinsville to Jerome and ending in Cottonwood.

Sunday would be Sycamore Canyon to Sedona and home..

So Steve, Tim and Paul all met at my house to get the party started......Johnny and Cliff were to join us in Prescott after they got off work. Vince got his vacation pulled and couldn't make it. :cry:

Our first offroad excursion began at Castle Hot Springs road. We wanted to find Constellation Road in Wickenburg.... I guess we missed a few turns because we did a two hour loop and ended up right where we started from! ;D But we found cool trails, rock climbing and high speed wash!

A little departing present from my fiance' ;D

IMG_5739.jpg

To a safe, exciting and prosperous step into the future!!!

IMG_5742.jpg

I came outside and someone wanted to go with me! (Martini)

IMG_5746.jpg

Our airdown spot on Castle Hot Springs..... got to try out my new Staun Airdown kit... super cool!

IMG_5747.jpg

The best man and I

IMG_5749.jpg

Fun little canyon we found

IMG_5755.jpg

IMG_5760.jpg

IMG_5766.jpg

IMG_5770.jpg

IMG_5772.jpg

IMG_5779.jpg

Right after the rocky section it lead us into a high speed wash. We took the main highway the rest of the way into Wickenburg. I had read that the Golden Nugget had the best Bloody Marys in town!

IMG_5791.jpg

IMG_5787.jpg

We fueled up and hit Scenic Dr out of Wickenburg which is a cool scenic dirt road all the way into Yarnell.

IMG_5794.jpg

IMG_5795.jpg

We took quite a few detours but finally made our way into Yarnell. Since we burned so much time on the detours we decided to take the hwy into Wilhoit and hit the Burro Inn in Nowhere AZ!

IMG_5798.jpg

Shenanigans were the name of the game! HAHA

IMG_5799.jpg

IMG_5804.jpg

IMG_5805.jpg

We ran across this little gem in the parking lot!

IMG_5807.jpg

There was a large storm front moving in and it was getting chilly. We were going up in altitude and it was Paul's turn to drive. We got all kinds of advice from the locals in Nowhere on which trail would get us to Prescott. All we knew from the advice is we need to make a right at the "hanging tree" :eek:

Paul getting his driving hat on! ;D

IMG_5810.jpg

IMG_5815.jpg

The trail got tight and fun right off the bat... gaining altitude quickly. We never did see the "hanging tree". Steve getting into trouble and Tim locking in the hubs.

IMG_5818.jpg

Tim lending some leverage to get em out of the tough spot (IT WAS STEEP)

IMG_5822.jpg

The whole trail had a V notch all the way up you had to straddle

IMG_5830.jpg

Starting to get into the ponderosa pine!

IMG_5832.jpg

Air up time... you can see the offroad lights took a beating in the tight wooded trails

IMG_5833.jpg

We finished on the highway into Prescott.. Paul and Tim took my Bronco and Steve let me drive his...... loved it! Always nice to see how other Broncos handle. Once into Prescott we fueled up and got our rooms at the Pine View Motel (same place as 1st Annual Bronco Pub Crawl). James the manager was excited to see us again.

Right after we arrived Johnny and Cliff arrived!! PARTY TIME!!!

IMG_5837.jpg

We went to the Prescott Brewery for dinner and proceeded to Whiskey Row to hear the bands at the different establishments. Once back at the room the real fun began..... the weather turned and the snow started!

IMG_5838.jpg

IMG_5839.jpg

IMG_5840.jpg

IMG_5850.jpg

IMG_5854.jpg

IMG_5856.jpg

IMG_5858.jpg

The partying continued till 3am and we all fell into a deep sleep.... or passed out! ;D

Last edited:

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Haha man looks like a great time. Best bachelor weekend you will never forget :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

StrongTower

This was a good looking thread until that Jeep showed up. :p Looks like you guys had a good time though.

69 Fl. Bronc

I'm guessing you hit the Palace on Wiskey Row. Hope its still there. Matt's? Please tell me you made it to the Sprite Room in Jerome!

quikdrummer

Loc.
Chino Valley, AZ
that trail from nowhere to prescott looks awful familiar, i think thats the hill that i grenaded my front axle on last year!

next time your headed up prescott/chino way let me know! i need to get some new wheeling buddies, my bronco should be ready to start abusing again in the next couple weeks!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Awesome man.... Very "one of a kind" Bachelor trip... Enjoy...

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Oh yea.....started at the Prescott Brewery for some ale and good food, then proceeded to the Birdcage, then we hit Matt's... the scenery was awesome then we bounced between the Birdcage, Palace and Matt's until closing time....

I can see how that hill from Nowhere could sneak up on you. Love the cool pines at the end of that trail! I will post up our next run to the hills!

Here's a video from day one outside of Wickenburg

https://vimeo.com/40639135

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Ok....on to Day 2

The next morning I started getting everyone up and at em....but some were moving slow. I was sooooo excited to get moving. I went outside to take a look at all the snow that fell over night....

Here's a little something that came along with us from the Spars....

IMG_5868.jpg

The sun was peaking out and it was gorgeous out!

IMG_5869.jpg

IMG_5878_79_80Enhancer.jpg

We never got the cover on the Bronco last night....so we had a snow drift coming through the truck.... we did get the seats covered.

IMG_5881.jpg

IMG_5882.jpg

Paul and I climbed in the Bronco and saw this icicle and it cracked us up!

IMG_5891.jpg

Layers and layers.... to keep warm

IMG_5893.jpg

Final layer was rain gear....

IMG_5894.jpg

We made our way through Prescott

IMG_5895.jpg

Lynx Lake

IMG_5899.jpg

We made our way to Chino Valley through the freak snow storms and had breakfast at the Iron Horse Restaurant. Food was good and we all started to get over our hangovers. The plan for the day was to take Perkinsville Road to FSR318 and end up in Jerome.....

IMG_5902.jpg

IMG_5905.jpg

The bridge over the Verde River

IMG_5909_10_11Enhancer.jpg

IMG_5917.jpg

We kept going in and out of snow storms...... at this point we thought we were headed to Mingus

IMG_5921.jpg

We had to share the roads with some savory characters :eek:

IMG_5924.jpg

The roads were a mix of mud and snow.... slippery and a blast!

IMG_5927.jpg

IMG_5932.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

HAHA

IMG_5934.jpg

It's freaking art man!!!

IMG_5938_39_40_G.jpg

Very fitting!!!

IMG_5941.jpg

Once we hit the pavement we realized that my "Motoman shortcut" had taken us almost all the way to Williams....not Jerome!

IMG_5947.jpg

IMG_5949.jpg

So the highway portion droned on..... my faithful co-pilot.... alert and helping me stay awake! HAHAHA He was out!

IMG_5950.jpg

Once we hit Mingus Mountain the snow started again... we were in the clouds! So COOL!!!

IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5954.jpg

IMG_5956.jpg

Coming down into Jerome

IMG_5959.jpg

IMG_5961.jpg

Ah yes....we have arrived! Bloody Mary time and listened to the band at the Spirit Room!

IMG_5962.jpg

IMG_5965_6_7Enhancer.jpg

IMG_5972.jpg

and the Enhanced HDR shot

IMG_5973_4_5Enhancer.jpg

We hung out for a bit and then headed down to The Little Daisy Motel in Cottonwood. We treated ourselves to some fantastic BBQ at Hog Wild BBQ in Clarkdale. We headed back into Cottonwood and spent the rest of the evening enjoying the band and shooting pool at the Chaparral Lounge. Another 3am bedtime! :eek:

End of Day 2

Last edited:

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
You guys are having too much damn fun up there. I need to get my Bronco done and head up. Great HDR shots!

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Very Cool, but you broke the first rule of a bachelor party........don't bring a camera. Anyway, that is a great way to have a good time!

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
What a kick a$$ way to celebrate a bachelor party. Thanks for posting up the awesome pics of the memorable adventure. Man that is cool trip!