• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

moving to Orlando

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
hi all, decided to move to Orlando from San Diego and am wondering if my 75 is a good fit for down-there, a lot of rain is of concern and I have a safari top on it. could I rhino line the interior and not sweat it. it would be my main commuter ideally, possibly an econo box or bike as back up. would AC be a requirement?

a lot of things to ponder, a lot of positives for the move, but need some input. :cool::cool:

G

OP
OP
G's Baja Bronco

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
Ac would be important for a daily. It's hotter than hell here.

sounds like AC and hard top.

how many days of rain?? is it hotter than say Puerto vallarta or cancun? have traveled there and driven convertibles for days at a time with no issue, hot and humid don't bother me, but getting the inside wet from the sides would ruin the truck.

G

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I dont live there, visited many times and would also suggest the hard top, a/c, weather stripping in great shape and insulate everything well to keep the cool in and the heat out as much as possible. The humidity is incredible imo. Another suggestion, if you dont have passengers often or ever, convert to a half cab, they air condition nicely.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nope terrible idea
should leave it here with me in Orange County.and when you come back to CA you can drive it around
Safe travels on the move

Bear1911

I was born and raised here and have owned a Bronco since the age of 16.
A top is a must as rain occurs frequently during the season.
A/C is highly recommended as it is hot most of the year. In my opinion, on a DD, it is not optional.

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
Life sucks down here for broncos, I'll take it off your hands once you arrive!!!!!!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
All my life here. A true native. Driving my EB here for nearly 40 years.

It's hot as hell down here in Central Florida.

But an EB will do just fine.

You just need a few things,

The hardtop,

Air conditioning system,

A good engine cooling system, might I suggest an Explorer Serpentine swap.

And finally if you do not do this last part nothing else will matter,

Insulation

Insulation

Insulation

Did I mention insulation?

wsager

I’m over on the west coast, but some years it rains every day for a few hours during the summer. Summer is like 7-9 months of the year. Been a little drier the last few years, but still a lot of days with some rain. Like said, insulation and heat shields. Oh, and tinting the windows as dark as possible with the ceramic tint helps a lot too.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Might want to buy yourself a lot out in Suburban south east of Orlando so you can do some trail riding. lots are cheap, basically paying for a key to get in the gate.

Traffic in Orlando sucks at best, Been in Kissimmee/St. Cloud for all my 56 years, i avoid going to Orlando as much as possible.

ArmyCOL

Whoever called Florida the Sunshine State, lied. It does rain a lot, it is also the lightning capital of the world. Storms blow in from the west coast tend to build up just west of Orlando. Storms from the east build up just to the east pof Orlando. So Orlando gets a lot of rain and lightning. The other issue I found living there is the tourist do not know how to drive. They bring all their bad habits with them.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Topless season is November through April or May, then afternoon storms June through September. I have another car with ac for the wet season.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Hard to beat San Diego, except the cost. Good luck

OP
OP
G's Baja Bronco

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
thanks for the input guys, I will plan out an AC install and will test out here, a lot insulation..... I always have a second daily driver (GT500 SHElby for the past 4 years) but wanted to know if the EB was done..... My Brother offered to hold it for me in SD, as life changes I might find myself back in the west or retire somewhere south in Mexico, I definitely want to keep it, tooo many busted knuckles and sweat in it....

AC932

Contributor
IMO, A/C is not necessary at all, just get a 90% leak-free hardtop, make sure your wiper-blades are good, and bring a nice, big water bottle. Put a towel on the seat to keep from sitting in a puddle of sweat and enjoy the drive.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
DD EB in Jacksonville.
I have a hardtop and an old A/C system that I used maybe 10 times this year? Mostly when I had others in the car.

But as above, just make sure it's water tight. Otherwise it's dependent on how much time you'll spend in stop and go traffic on the A/C to me. My commute is ~7 minutes and 3 lights. I can survive, but if you're gonna sit for 20 minutes on the highway? Different story.