• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Bronco is stolen!

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
SeaBiscuit68 said:
Nothing yet. I met a nice fellow with a white EB last night and gave him the heads-up. I figure Classic Bronco drivers are better at spotting them. I'm trying to cover all the bases and bring it up to nearly everyone I bump into. I'm persistent and still positive it'll show up. Just a question of when.

I have this fantasy that if I catch the fool, after I have my way with him, I'll duct tape him to a telephone pole with a sign around his neck saying "thief" for all the world to see.
i was having dinner at Red robin LAst night with my Niece and nephew , and he was telling me about the guy that stole his 4X and was caught, he had been convicted of 30 car thefts and only did 4 months

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
feitctaj said:
i was having dinner at Red robin LAst night with my Niece and nephew , and he was telling me about the guy that stole his 4X and was caught, he had been convicted of 30 car thefts and only did 4 months

Oh don't get me started on that subject. :mad: :mad: :mad:

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
feitctaj said:
That much? The guy that stole my car didn't spend any time in beyond the night they caught him. They barely slapped his hands and did nothing else. I was pretty bent out of shape about it.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
addictat13 said:
just got back from vacation and heard the news :'( i'm terribly sorry i will keep my eyes peeled. the kid with the still all stock bronco
hey how did the glass work out?
And you need to go to Duffs and steal a Bronco driver Magizine there is an article by seabiscuit with you in it and some photos of your '69

addictat13

Loc.
Port Angeles WA.
i havent installed the glass yet but i did read the article by seabicuit and saw the photos(the article was great thanks for the mention) i still havent gotten around to installing the shifter i bought that day at duffs...

ford fan 1969

Loc.
North Webster Ind
If SeaBiscut's Bronco is not found how about a spare parts donation and a couple of weekends worth of work he could probably have another bronco. Think about all the parts we all have laying around in the shop. I have a decent body that someone cutoff at the firewall and door post and would donate if some one could help out with the rest. If we all pulled together and gave what we had as far as parts and labor we could help a fellow Bronco driver out. Just a thought kinda like thinkin out loud.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I'll donate a full top, however I don't have a way to get it there.

John

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Uh, that's an incredibly gracious thought. I don't know at what point I should allow myself to think it's time to start over.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
SeaBiscuit68 said:
Uh, that's an incredibly gracious thought. I don't know at what point I should allow myself to think it's time to start over.
I hate to say this but after a month the chances are probably pretty slim that it's going to show up. I hope I'm wrong though.

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Yeah that's a tough pill to swallow. I do appreciate the dose of reality though. Alright, I'm turning the corner. It's a new year coming up and I think I'll just give it till then.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I have two hoods, a grill, (74) frame (solid-but surface-rust), 76 manual steering box and slip shaft, stock exhaust manifolds and possibly a few other things...all the body panels and the frame need a little work, but I am not sure how much it would cost to ship. Not to be a PITA, but if you have interest, let me know soon; otherwise, I need to post them to sell as I need the space for my own tear down and build up. I cant imagine losing my truck to theft, I would be enraged and sickened. It would be great to recycle these parts to someone in need (OBB seemed to have everything I had available already). If there is enough interest from this part of the midwest, maybe we can coordinate and ship everything together...if there is interest in the parts and the project. Best to you and yours Seabiscuit.

John

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
If a project is started then I can probably come up with a couple of things to donate to it. I don't want to commit to any particular parts right now because some of them I am trying to sell to fund my own habit.

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
OK, here's the deal. First off this is very embarrassing for me. Not easy to accept this kind of help but I will try to swallow my pride. Second, I am at a point where I am saving cash to buy a car (my Bronco was my only transpo). I have a plan in place which will net me a commuter for a grand. This will take me about three weeks to do. I have to do this, first things first you know. Third, I think it is essential that I create a foundation before anything else. I mean, I should have a frame that I can make a rolling chassis from. If Feitctaj is going to be kind enough to help me with this, I should make it as easy as possible on him by making my project something which can be moved around at his place. I don't want to burden him any more than necessary. I have a lead on a frame from HotWheels and maybe another elsewhere. I will pursue this angle this week and see what comes of it. Fourth, as much as I appreciate these kind offers, There is no way I can afford to ship anything until after the holidays. If this doesn't work for you by all means do what you have to do. I do have some small parts here which gives me a start. I should see what I have and make a list. Fifth, there is obviously a chance that my '68 will turn up. This is part of the reason I was making the new year a benchmark. Just to make the odds such that, at least in my own mind, it wasn't likely. I will promise that I will return everything should this happen. My honor is important to me and you have that vow from me. Sixth, and here's where I get humble, there are not the words to express my thanks for even thinking of me much less making the kindest offers imaginable. My immediate response is to want to give back. About all I can offer is myself. I can fix electrical problems pretty good. I'm not bad with a wrench. I'm experienced with paint too. Obviously there is a limit to how far I can travel but it's the best I can do. I am going to look at it this way. Since the community is there for me, I will be there for all of you. So this is a standing offer to anyone. If you want or need me I will come if I can reach you. That's about all for now. Have a good Thanksgiving. I know what I am giving thanks for; this community of people which is the absolute best.

SecondChance

Loc.
Gresham
Most of what I have in my stock pile is all full size stuff, since I only recently acquired my EB. Maybe if your thinking of incorporating full size parts I may be of assistance. Otherwise I can deffinetly find my way around a rig(lots of help in the wrench turning department)