• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Feet are Sweating Bad !!

pikapp691

How do you get rid of the hot air blowing in on your feet from under the dash? Its killing me. Is it a vent or what. Thanks

Hogback

Is it coming out of the vent that's located behind the emergency brake, or is it coming out of the heater box?
Your heater control valve may not me working right, or may not be off. That's in the heater hose that goes to the core and costs about $12 to replace. Also you can keep the heater box vent closed so no air will pour in from the outside, that switch is on the dash. If it's like mine when i bought it, none of that stuff worked right. I took off the heater box (extremely simple) and put new seals and all that. Now everything works right and better yet I actually understand what is happening when I pull the dash knobs.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
BroncoBeast2004 said:
Thanks Hogback... Any other ideas?

Thanks

Did you get this resolved?

If not:

Check for openings around the gas pedel, clutch, and heater cable access holes. Plastic furniture plugs (available at ACE) and such work well for unued holes and dont look gehtto.

hth,

Mick

cootvon

Loc.
Little Rock, AR
mine was doing the same thing.. a stuck open heater control valve was the culprit. now it's getting cooler and i actually am going to replace it today since it's either stuck on or stuck off.. no in between :)

OP
OP
pikapp691

pikapp691

Yep I still have the problem, I think it may be a stuck valve. how do I go about replacing it. Thanks

Paco

Loc.
Pueblo, CO
Check out this thread... http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=754942#post754942

Post #3 shows pics from my '74. The valve, if you need a new one, should be available at your local parts store or thru most Bronco vendors, my new one was kinda pricey though. Maybe you're having the same problem cootvon did and the valve is just not connected to the cable properly. It's a pretty easy fix either way, though.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
BroncoBeast2004 said:
Yep I still have the problem, I think it may be a stuck valve. how do I go about replacing it. Thanks

Mebbe the below will suffice until we get this figured out:

HotWheels said:
Here an idea for ya ;D ...Reef (the flip-flop company) makes a flip flop called dthe Mick (yeah that's my name!). It has integrated bottle openers on the bottom:eek: . That way u can be comfy driving (no toasty feet), hit the beach, campsite, or whatever and ALWAYS be brew friendly...:-*

Remove the clamps for the hoses that hold it in and remove the cable.

http://bcbroncos.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=262

May I also recommend BC Bronco's heater shutdown valve? Thats what I use here in Hawaii.

http://bcbroncos.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=263

Last edited:
OP
OP
pikapp691

pikapp691

Checked it out tonight......May have found the problem.... The heater valve does not exist...in the pics from paco's thread i am able to see where the cable coming from pullout is not connected to anything all i see is the spring looking piece and it is not connected to anything.

I will take a pic to show you better..i think this may work.. Thanks hotwheels for the links!!

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
BroncoBeast2004 said:
....The heater valve does not exist...

well that explains that. still the cutoff valve from chuck will close off the hot water circulation in the summer keepin things cooler also...

rednck21

i guess i should have worded it different.... when the coolant comes out of the intake, isnt is supposed to return back into the waterpump?? ..as opposed to bieng blocked off completely so it cant return to the waterpump?? i guess what im trying to ask is will it hurt anything for the coolant to not return to the waterpump?:?