• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My stolen Bronco has been recovered! Pics Added

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's really great to hear that you got it back and someone was arrested. If they are charged, I'm sure you can get a judgment against them. It might not buy you much until they get out of jail but it will haunt them for the rest of their life. Look into your states victim assistance programs. I had a real pretty white Audi Quattro stollen a couple of years ago and recovered beat to death. The towing and impound fees were like salt in the wound. Hope they didn't abuse it too bad.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
I doubt the guy that had it stole it, but still,possession of stolen propery is just as bad. Hopefully some sort of restitution will be had. Its great that some sort of closure will be had. Seabiscuit will live again.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I think I might actually be more pissed to get it back and see all the damage than not get it back at all. But finding it after two years is still a nice surprise.

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
Congrats %) I had my 66 solen and they had found it before I knew it was stolen. They just took my new Centerlines and Mud T\As. And yes the tow and impound are like salt in a wound.

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
make sure to THROW THAT FAWKER IN JAIL.
and get his address and beat him a new face

Good luck man!!

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
That is frickin sweet as hell. Maybe since you have not seen it yet it's not as beat up as they say. Some peoples idea of beat up, may not be the same as yours. I know I just got a free 97% rust free tub with two little dents, and the only rust in the front aprons, and it was soda blasted for me (all ready done), because it was not good enough.
Hope all turns out well for you and your Bronco (s).

Shawn

fjordbronco

Loc.
Washington State
advice

You should call the prosecutors office-it should be Snohomish County. Talk with the deputy prosecutor that is handling the case and make sure they know how much of a problem this has been for you. Also, give them an itemized list of the costs such as damage, parts etc so when the suspect is found guilty, they can force restitution. Good luck.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
While not as good as finding it right away before it got beat on, still is awesome news.

Would be a good excuse for a weekend group Bronco restoration.

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
After further investigation I found out the person taken into custody was unrelated to the vehicle recovery. It doesn't matter much though. I'm just going to be real happy to see it again. And well, sad at the same time. This whole thing has been such an emotional roller coaster for me. Folks who've been around for awhile know what I'm talking about. You know who you are even if in a lot of cases I don't. Speaking of which, I'd like everyone's permission to sell extra parts I have to help fund the build. I can't sort it all out until I see it but I'm sure there's going to be duplicate stuff. I'm certain the body I got in Spokane is much better than what's coming home to me so I'm feeling good on that front. It needs door posts but if I can re-use the one's from the '68 that'd save me $. Any reason that can't be done? I'm gonna need to get a reproduction vin tag and find a glove box door since that's now my dash again. Pardon me, I'm spinning on the details. Thanks for the support everyone.

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Wow, what a nice early Christmas present. Even though it may be beat up a little, it will be nice to get it back. Not many people get theirs back after so much time has passed. I'm happy for ya!

Broncogirlie

Loc.
BC CANADA!!!
:eek: WHAT!!!! :eek: Seabuscuit thats WONDERFUL news! Congrats...Too bad the guy they found wasnt the dude who stole it. That brother deserves a huge slap on the pee-pee for what he did.

I am really glad for you though! Wooohooo! ;D

You don't need to ask permission to sell the parts either...everyone donated because they wanted you to have your baby back...now you've got her...so go ahead and sell the parts get some cash together, fix her up and keep us updated!!!

*Big Hug Right Back!*

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Glad to hear that someone found it. It may not be the same but at least it's not burned to the ground like the other recovery...