• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My stolen Bronco has been recovered! Pics Added

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
MIKE I came home and went back out in my robe and looked at the old girl under the big light, YOU scored, this rig was NOT taken out in the woods and trashed against trees like most are up here, this thing was barely driven and it has changed hands and changed appearance a couple of times.
I think with the parts I have up in the attic you are on your way. You can have that edelbrock carb I have , it is good. I am sure the trans and transfercase need to be swapped, But you can have your choice of any on my garage floor..
Hey Guys I got a 66 Tub frame and glovebox door for SALE!!!!!!!!!!:-* :-* :-*

Should I take the top off and put it on Seabiscuit!!!???:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
or is it BLUEBISCUIT???

Revelation

Bronco Guru
After more thought on this I think the person who took it originally is a Bronco Person, took what they wanted/needed for their Bronco and did not have the heart to destroy it, being gone 2 years it's still in decent shape (wait compared to the condition mine was in all Bronco's are in decent shape).
Remember keep an eye on your enemies, and keep a closer eye on your friends.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
I am very happy that you got it back. Sorry that it's kinda busted up, but at least you got her back. Now you can get to work on fixing her up again. ;D

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
What all is missing Seabiscuit?
As far as the perp being a Bronco person .... Why would a Bronco person steal a Bronco for an alternator, carb, winch, hardtop, and bumpers? Wheels and tires are expensive though.
A Bronco person would have folded the windshield down and remove the vin properly without damaging the dash. A Bronco person would have ground the vin on the frame. A Bronco person probably would have parted that thing on ebay.
No offense SB, I don't know the specs on your rig originally, so I may be wrong, but I think if someone wanted a Bronco for parts they would be targeting a Bronco with goodies like built axles and other high dollar mods. I don't think it was anyone you know, because you would recognize your wheels tires, hardtop and bumpers.
Maybe, it just doesn't make much sense. Well, it's bittersweet. At least you have her back, but I'd be mad as hell too!

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
with the help of BD putting the info out the guy wanted it after finding it and found MIKE, musthave found teh Vin on the fame

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
Thats the part that sounds fishy, you know Mike said the guy found it on his prop and was trying to get a title for it ,, Where Are you Biscuit boy

brian72

Early Bronco Student
well, seeing how it is in the condition it is....now taking it off road will not be too bad, especially if you ding it a time or two...

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
Wow, that must be bitter sweet to have your rig back. Glad that its home again but angry that its been molested by the hands of a perp.

bigbri69

Loc.
tomsriver
that makes my neck flare to hear that story.congrats on getting it back.but man id be on fire if that was mine.sorry but i dont let things go easy when it comes to me working and saving for things.one thing you dont do in life is mess with a mans house,wife,kids.or eb?thats when i but a black eye in the game!good luck!

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
I got a phone call from the last guy in the chain of events. He told me the story as much as he knows anyway. He purchased it for $900 without paperwork and no vin tags. Having owned EBs in the past (serious crawlers according to him) he knew to look on the frame for a #. He figured he would file for a lost title and on a whim or something looked up the frame vin on the net. He saw the BroncoDriver post I had about a stolen Bronco and knew then he had hot property. He was the one who contacted the police. Turns out it was his neighbor who went to jail on unrelated charges. Anyway, he told me he was able to get part of his money back from the person before him who in turn went after the person before him who in turn went after the previous person and this seems to be going on - how far back I don't know - each person figuring there was a way to own it without paperwork. He was able to relate to me the story as he understands it, at least five owners back, probably not to the beginning, but the earliest owner he's been told had it behind a barn for sometime. This person is currently in jail for running a meth lab. I don't know how far the police are going to pursue this if at all. My original thoughts when this first happened in '05 was somebody took it who always wanted one or it was traded in on drugs. Seems I might've been right about that sort of. It's clear it existed as a blue truck with the hardtop for awhile. Who knows which "owner" did which thing to it but it's a safe bet the vins went away immediately.
Yeah my hardtop is out there right now in someone's posession. I'd appreciate it if you guys up north could keep your eyes open for a hardtop that might still have the chrome gutter trim. It'll either be white with some visible blue paint along the bottom or entirely brushed blue (my guess).
My winch too, but I don't really hold out much hope for it.
Anyway, funny thing is the tow company described it as pretty beat up, not knowing that was my body damage all along.
Well the new tub I have is going to go on this frame. I'll have to fix the bumper mounts. I did crawl around under it and everything seems just as it was except for all the dog hair stuck to my leaky parts.
I'm going to be putting up parts for sale as I figure out what they are. I had traded a floor shifter to broncolove for a part that never arrived. Seems he's waited long enough (over a year) that I don't need it now. Thanks dude.
I have most things I'll need to put it back together though. I just need some steady income and get stuff like body lift and mounts, floorpans and such. but I'd say I'm looking good. I want to make '08 my year.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
damn right down the road. I saw a hardtop the other day in a yard that looks like it has been there for a couple of years. I'll go check it out TODAY.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
I would gladly donate a hard top...i have 7 or 8 of em now...but it is in MI....

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
Contact Redleg0811, he has several hard tops and may have one that he would like to get rid of.

Glad you got it back, sorry it was molested but it could have been a lot worse.

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
Contact Redleg0811, he has several hard tops and may have one that he would like to get rid of.

Glad you got it back, sorry it was molested but it could have been a lot worse.

I have one currently and might have another coming over from over the mountians. If you are interested give me a yell.

Cheers

Martin