• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mystery bolt hole leaking coolant

jasonv

Hi,

I was filling up my newly rebuilt engine with hopes of firing it up today but have a coolant issue. This hole on the side of the engine just below the #1 spark plug is no plugged. Is there supposed to be something there? I don't have any leftover parks ;) not sure if it just needs a plug or if something was supposed to bolt in there.

Jason

Attachments

• IMG_5611.jpg
    IMG_5611.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 120

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, I'm not positive but it looks like it will take a 1/4 NPT pipe plug. They usually have a square head for the wrench. Good luck

OP
OP
J

jasonv

had it rebuilt. its the same block. It would be out of 30+ years of character for the guy to swap it and not say anything.

I'm looking through the hundreds of pictures that I have and I don't have that exact shot anywhere. the old heat shroud for the air cleaner hides it!!!!

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
What engine is it? Is that in the head or the block? My 74, 302 has a drain plug in the block, use to be a screw in plug. the engine builder put a drain plug their and one on the other side to.

Attachments

• DSCN1074.jpg
    DSCN1074.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN1073.jpg
    DSCN1073.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
J

jasonv

Thanks all. I got some plugs for them. Wish I'd seen the response about the second one before I found it the hard way. All good now. $4 and two trips to the store.

Jason