• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mystery dash hole

bgaller

Anyone know what goes in this dash hole? I thought it was the brake light indicator, but that doesn't use the tiny hole above.

r0I7cZb.png

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Find your year and see. I'm going to say it's the hazard switch location.

Attachments

• Dash layout only.jpg
    Dash layout only.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 38

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
That dash finish is really very nice! My hand throttle is on the other side where is your four way flasher?

OP
OP
B

bgaller

That dash finish is really very nice! My hand throttle is on the other side where is your four way flasher?
This one is pretty cobbled together, it's technically a 66 but it's a brand new body, no idea where the dash came from, etc.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
It's definitely a switch with a bezel. That's what the little hole is for--making sure the bezel doesn't rotate.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Not trying to hijack but for those with the throttle on the gauge side of the steering column, is there a mechanism that holds the cable and makes it bend down toward the throttle? Mine is on the otherside and seems to be a straight shot to the throttle so it always made sense, but maybe mine was an add on?
The throttle cable doesn't seem to be very "flexy" at least on the stock one. Thanks, just trying to get a better understanding.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Not trying to hijack but for those with the throttle on the gauge side of the steering column, is there a mechanism that holds the cable and makes it bend down toward the throttle? Mine is on the otherside and seems to be a straight shot to the throttle so it always made sense, but maybe mine was an add on?
The throttle cable doesn't seem to be very "flexy" at least on the stock one. Thanks, just trying to get a better understanding.

It's just like a choke cable. Loops down along the firewall to the bracket at the accelerator where the cable attaches similarly to a choke cable attaching to the carb.

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
On my 68 the stock throttle control is on far left, above fuel gage switch.
Cable loops up over brake/clutch pedal assembly, then down to lever on side of gas pedal. 20230726_142521.jpg

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
On my 68 the stock throttle control is on far left, above fuel gage switch.
Cable loops up over brake/clutch pedal assembly, then down to lever on side of gas pedal. View attachment 906976

68' and above is on the left. 66 and 67 were on the right. I've never compared the cable lengths to see if they were different or not though. My 71' has one, and one of my 66 does, I should measure and see. The brackets on both look the same.

20230726_165850.jpg