• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Name this power steering box.

MUDFORD528

2vjbdso.jpg

jkem45.jpg

I'm having trouble finding a pitman arm for this thing. Early bronco is to big, 80 model f150( w/power) is to big. Best I can tell toyota won't fit either.

Any guesses?

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Don't know. That one is unusual. Parts of it appear like a Saginaw but off of who knows what. Looking forward to an answer that is not a guess.;D

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Is there just one mounting hole on the front flange of the box? I've seen some late '70s Datsun/Nissan boxes that look very similar to that.

Just a guess though.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
M

MUDFORD528

I'd be pumped if someone could measure a toyota pitman arm. What I have is about 36 spline and the hole measures about 1.125.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
I've seen no definitive answer so TTT.
Toyota? Could be but what Toyota?
Here's the common Toyota swap box. It's not one of these.
So Fred it is for now unless someone knows.
Sorry no Toyota box here to measure. Good luck with the project.

Attachments

• 130592-1-KIT-600.jpg
    130592-1-KIT-600.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 5

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
i agree with Tod its a yota box
80's hardbody i would surmise. got the old article in this in my 3 ring binder (oh my god!!! a paper reference manual in the digital world)
TOFIC

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i agree with Tod its a yota box
80's hardbody i would surmise.

Get out that old 3-ring and the white-out (remember that too, don't you) and make the following change.
Repeat after me... "Hardbody" is a Nissan. 'Yota is a Toyota... %)

Of course, I know without a doubt that you knew that already, and that Todd said Nissan, and that Yota Box is just Yoda Bax's Japanese cousin twice removed. But I had to go there anyway! ;D

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes master.
But I'm smilin' when I say that kind of stuff pardner.

Paul

OP
OP
M

MUDFORD528

The Toyota arms that I can find clear pictures of all seem to over 40 splines, 44 maybe 48. Are there different versions for different years? Mine is 36 spline.

It's looking like I may have to use the one that's on the truck now. Is it safe to run one that's been welded in two places? Welds look quality.