• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NEED HELP!! haveing fuel prob with new EFI

devdizz84

Loc.
Cool, CA
i resently put a mustang 5.0 in my bronco, got the toms bronco harness, everything said and done go to fire it up. runs strong for about 3 or 4 seconds and dies. i know it is not a vaccume prob, cause i sprayd starting fluid in the intake while stating, and it runs fine till i let up. i put a new 23 gallon efi tank, new line and pump, so i know everything is clean, but i might have accidently got a chunk of rubber from the line in when i hooked it up. hoping the injectors arnt clogged. :-[ anyone had any prob like this or is it just that im retarded or somthing.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
What's the fuel pressure when it dies? Does the fuel pump stop running before it dies? Any diagnostic codes?

OP
OP
D

devdizz84

Loc.
Cool, CA
i dont have a pressure tester at the moment. No codes, but when i turn the key on it primes and shuts off. at least i think its priming.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
When you turn the key to ON but don't start the engine the pump should run for about 2 seconds then quit. Once the engine is running the pump should continue to run.

You can test the pump and pump wiring circuit by grounding a self test connect pin. The green wire in this pic is controlled by the computer. It grounds the fuel pump relay coil in order to power the pump with the ignition switch ON. If you put a jumper between that connector and ground it should cause the pump to run continuously.

Attachments

• stc.gif
    stc.gif
    30.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
DO NOT rely on the fact that your parts are NEW. My HP pump was bad from the box. Took a bit to chase that down.