• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help on brake pedal height positioning.

WPS 73 Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
The Woodlands, Tx
The previous owner installed a hydratech hydro boost brake system, with a C4 auto. The brake pedal is way too high and I’m trying to figure out how to lower its position. Braking on the Bronco is great.

gas pedal height is 2” off the floor
brake pedal height is 8” off the floor, with a 2” throw.

I think I’d like to be in the 5” height location. Todays position seems unsafe as I’m moving my entire leg to hit the brakes. My knee often will touch the steering wheel when I brake. I’m 5’11” tall, so no big and tall issue here.

How do I lower the brake pedal location?

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I would think that you could add an adjustable actuating rod to your setup and you could set the height to your liking. Just make sure you know the full amount of travel to correctly utilize the Master cylinder.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
That system should have an adjustable push rod already. You should be able to remove the rod from the pedal and adjust it by turning clockwise then reattach.

Jim