• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help Tracy CA - Military Vehicle Storage

BALCH-Autoworx

I've been busy away from my Bronco for the last three years while I was stationed in Okinawa. I used the military contracted shipping and storage to get it off of Oahu and it has been stored in Tracy CA for the last three years. As part of my next move my Bronco will be shipped to the east coast, but it has to start first.

I'm a bit skeptical but will try to remain objective. Within 48 hours of being notified that my storage benefit is ending I was also notified that my vehicle developed a mechanical failure and won't start.

I had to authorize them to release my vehicle, and was then sent the info to a repair facility and towing company to arrange it myself.

If I am going to do that I'd like to send it to a reputable shop, that will respect what it is. She looks rough, probably more so after being in storage for three years, but I have a lot of quality parts and have been working my way through the truck since 2005.

Just before leaving HI I installed a new crate engine with Holley EFI, and a few other goodies. The engine has less than 50 miles on it and isn't fully tuned let alone broken in. I got it driving, then inspected, and shipped it. My concern is that some one used a jump box ignoring my warning lable and fried the ECU. It could be something simple though. Techincally they are supposed to start it regularly, move it so the tires don't flat spot, etc, like I said I'm skeptical. No issues for three years, and now it doesn't work.

Can anyone recommend a good shop to check it out and get it running good enough to ship? The good news is I should have time to play with the Bronco in my new job.

Thanks!

triracer67

Contributor
Storage Facility

Let me know if you have any issues with the storage facility, I work for the DoD agency that oversees the storage contract and may be able to provide assistance.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Deetz is literally just up the hill from Tracy and knows Broncos. Don't know their EFI swap guru-ness though.

Kydd's Play here gave a good review of them just in the past couple of weeks if I remember.

Paul

OP
OP
BALCH-Autoworx

BALCH-Autoworx

I spoke to John Deetz this morning. Thanks everyone.

I can't wait to get my Bronco back!

OP
OP
BALCH-Autoworx

BALCH-Autoworx

Thanks for the reccomendation. John Deetz and his crew worked through enough of my Bronco's issues so that it could ship, and it runs way better than when I left Hawaii.

I can't wait to get my new plates so I can take it for a cruise.