• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help with carrier/locker

west texas kid

Loc.
Lubbock, Texas Tech
I recently purchased a rear axle out of a 74 bronco (4.11 gears if you need to know) and am trying to figure out what kind of locker/posi is in the carrier. I know it has one of these two because when I spin one drum/shaft the other spins the same direction rather than the opposite like an open carrier would. When I took a look in the carrier earlier (I havent had a chance to take it apart or anything, just waiting until I get everything mocked up then take it apart for paint) it looks like there are blocks between the spiders, but I can still see spider looking gears in the carrier. The following numbers were on the carrier:

C6A4205B
4A 8

Please help me out and if you need more information to come up with a definite answer please let me know, Ill try to help out with questions about something that may help answer my question!

Thanks

Wes

40cent

Loc.
Marysville, WA
Looks like Ford part#s. It is probably a Trac-loc which is an OEM posi. Post some pics and I could tell you for sure.