• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help with ignition issues...

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
Wont rev past 4500rpm just breaks up really bad. Im runnin a 670TA with a weiand stealth intake. The 670TA is dialed in with factory jetting, Second softest secondary spring, and the biggest accel pump cam (brown). I can go from 800rpm idle and smash it and it lights the tires up and carries the rpm's but stops in its tracks at exactlly 4500rpm. Im entering a mudbog this weekend and i need some wheelspeed... this was the downfall last year. :(

EDIT: new wires plugs, cap/rotor. New distibuter guts also, New box as of a year ago, and MSD blaster coil.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Another possibility is that your valve springs are at their limit and you're getting valve float. Or have they been changed to aftermarket?

Paul

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Probably have to light of a secondary spring. Which is opening the secondaries to quick and is causing the break up. Install a firmer spring and see if it goes away. What ignition box are you running?

gonzo9017

Loc.
Houston
I had the same problem with mine....come to find out i was running out of fuel at higher rpm's. It ran good up to about 4500 then would try to shut down. I adjusted everything.......and found my floats to be too low raised them and have not had a problem since.