• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need some help... bad crash... Please read

IsaacNelson98

Remember that 16 year old kid who got his prize bronco for $800? He's the one that had all those silly little questions for you guys on the tech forums.

Well, here i am. Fresh out of the hospital.

Monday. its 45 degrees out an im headed to work, i was doing about 30 mph when i hit black ice, went off the road and nailed a tree. The top smashed down and would have killed me but my head ended up halfway out the window which i had apparently punched out. I'm a long time boyscout so i was able to stay pretty calm when i woke up, but i was spitting up glass and my legs were pinned. Anyway, jaws a life got me out, helicopter took me to kootenia medical center. There i received treatment for a broken femur and 75 stiches to the face. I shouldn't have lived, it was truly a miracle.

The back half of the bronc is alright, the front end is obviously destroyed. I would guess the engine and frame are messed up too...
I know i have no right, and hold no respect in the forums. BUt i'm not willing to step out of the EB world yet. so if any ofe you guys have spare parts from your builds that you can sell me relatively cheap, that would rock. I'm not sure how to post pictures otherwise i would.

It's important to me that people know i wasn't speeding, or driving like your average teenager. there were 4 other calls similar to mine that same day. So any help you can offer me would be amazing. I know theres some really good people on this bronco community.

so theres my sob story, i'm still on pain medds so i apologize for the rambling.

Bferrari

Post a list of everything you are going to need, I will be happy to help out where I can. Glad to hear that your okay.

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

I will do, thank you Bferrari. I'll "contribute" and get picture up soon as well. I'm still bed ridden at the moment so i haven't gotten to inspect it. I think the 302 might have taken a good enough hit to knock it out but im not sure yet. The hood it trashed, my top it destroeyed, grill bumper, all guts upfront. Driver side door, floor pans i thinks even. The dash came in enough to trap me so i don't know what all that means. I'm just not ready to give up on it. Once i knew i wasn't dead, that was my first thought. "crap... my bronco"
Anyway, these forums have been so helpful i figured i might as well try.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Might want to make sure the frame isn't damaged if it looks ok to you it might still be damaged! Have a pro check it out cause if you don't n by some chance you got rearended or crashed again it might fold up on ya like an accordion!

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

Yeah wouldn't be fun, i'm hoping its alright. Its the cleanest bronco ive seen, well was. It was always under roof for the 40 years before i had it so no rust or anything.
But my uncut rear fenders are okay :D Phew.

I have access to a 60s or 70s scout v, any interchangeable running gear there? i thought the danas might be close. But maybe weaker..

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

Haha, actually Scott, i had lost about 30 lbs in the year before and bought my $800 bronco so i was already doing okay, but now the sewing up of my chin took away my second chin ;)!

I can't wait to show you guys the pictures of it. Quite the mess

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

Nothing that's going to cover it.... i had a plan that mainly covered anyone i hit... not much for me.

KyddsPly

Post a list. I'm almost done with mine and should have quite a few parts left. Location?

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

Photos

They have effects cause... my mom... just... yeah

I'm up in North Idaho

Attachments

• Bronco 1.jpg
    Bronco 1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,250
  • Bronco 2.jpg
    Bronco 2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,189
  • Bronco 3.jpg
    Bronco 3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,162
  • Bronco 4.jpg
    Bronco 4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 990

wepuckett

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't be suprised if your insurance company or state troopers don't total that bronco, from the pics it looks like the front forks of the frame will be squeezed together. Not saying you can't rebuild the tub but probably gonna have to take what you can salvage and put everything on a new frame. If you where closer I would offer you the 66 frame I have, well if you can figure a way to get it there I will still offer it. If you wanna see it got it listed in the parts for sale section.

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

Yeah... I don't know how we're gonna work it all out just yet.

Thank you for the offer :)

If i ever make my way toward North Carolina i'll be sure to stop by :p

BroncKrawler

Loc.
Harrisburg, Oregon
That really sucks but I'm glad you're alright. I saw the photos of the Bronco on Facebook yesterday, Lockie from Troy, Idaho posted them up on one of the groups. If it was my Bronco, I would have to just walk away from it to be honest. That's going to take more time and money to repair and replace than I would want to deal with.

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

Well i'd like to have a bronco coming out of this. Whether it's largely this one rebuilt, or a mix of two on another frame idk. Lockie? Curious as to how he got pictures of it... don't know him. It's beat up... a lot... but i guess the rear and parts could stillbe used, new gas tnk this and that tht are still all good. But i don't know about the frame or engine...

smittys800

Loc.
puyallup
All I can say is, you are one lucky kid!!!
Wish I had some parts to contribute, I do have one tub but is lost do to rust, front clip might be saved, have other parts but not sure as to my plan for them at this time.
Again, lucky kid. The good lord was not ready for you

Germd

Like others have said - after this wreck I think your Bronco would best survive as a parts donor. Just be glad you didn't become an organ donor. That looks like a bad wreck & I'm sure glad you survived. The rod in your femur and sutures will heal & you can start the next build in the spring.
Very glad you're OK!

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

I am Very lucky i know. IF these old rigs had shoulder belts... i would have died. Anyhow, it is pretty bad, but with a bit more looking the frame sounds like its fine, the panelling is just destroyed. We'll see. I do think it will end up being a donor... I was very religious before this, and still am now!

I say 30 mph, but it was 30mph on black ice dowhill, down a bank into a tree where it looks like it tipped up then settled down again.

Lucky to be here, now i just want another parts rig....

thank for all the well wishes.