• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need some help... bad crash... Please read

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
Wow.... this ain't some modern lightweight/plastic machine, thats a lot of steel to crunch!

Take my words however you choose. And kindly keep in mind these words are written from a dad -who has raised boys into men, and a son, ...........and at one time I was also a 16 year old young man that loved anything w/ an engine attached and operated it like there was no tommarow.

Many of us middle-aged guys have lived through some really dumb and/or unfortunate events in life as young men. And most of us have known others that have died as a result of these events. You are a very lucky man to have survived that crash.

I'm glad to hear you'll heal-up and leed a normal life from here forward, I appriciate your good attitude. That said, I really hope this was a learning experiecne for you also. Life is precious, time is the most valuable asset on earth.

A collection of steel & rubber parts that make a classic can be replaced, money comes in goes throughout your lifetime, however the clock can never be turned back. There is no do-over in many things in life, you don't often get a second chance. I read a little about myself in your story, I can relate.

Best wishes getting another cool classic put back together :)

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Wow.... this ain't some modern lightweight/plastic machine, thats a lot of steel to crunch!

Take my words however you choose. And kindly keep in mind these words are written from a dad -who has raised boys into men, and a son, ...........and at one time I was also a 16 year old young man that loved anything w/ an engine attached and operated it like there was no tommarow.

Many of us middle-aged guys have lived through some really dumb and/or unfortunate events in life as young men. And most of us have known others that have died as a result of these events. You are a very lucky man to have survived that crash.

I'm glad to hear you'll heal-up and leed a normal life from here forward, I appriciate your good attitude. That said, I really hope this was a learning experiecne for you also. Life is precious, time is the most valuable asset on earth.

A collection of steel & rubber parts that make a classic can be replaced, money comes in goes throughout your lifetime, however the clock can never be turned back. There is no do-over in many things in life, you don't often get a second chance. I read a little about myself in your story, I can relate.

Best wishes getting another cool classic put back together :)

^ Very well said.

To the OP, I'm glad you made it out alive. I hate to see that your ride was hurt, but your life is way more important. I hope that everything works out and you can be driving a Bronco again. I wish you the best.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Wow! Glad you are still with us! Time to start saving up. You're going to need a new one. She's done :(

Billsboat

Loc.
Rowlett tx
Glad your still around to tell this storie. My dad always told me "God looks after fools and kids" he also told me I often blurred the line.

sucks about the bronco. I recently replaced my 3 speed transmittion and hurst shifter with a t18 trainsmition. Anyway it is in good working order, and yours if you can figure a way to get it. Happy to send you some pictures of it if you want to see it.

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

I know some pretty good body men and have access toa full shop with support from friends and family, well make a running one. a Frankien bronco. I know i should have died and it was terribly close. But I wasn't driving crazy, I wasn't being stupid. I was just going to work, daily life. That's how quickly life can change, ive had 6 surgeries prior to this, 4 of them on my knees so im no stranger to recovery. But know the bronco is sort of a symbol. I also had my mom save my clothing so i can cut strips from it and make a bandana or something.
Again thank you all for your thoughts, i'll still be on the lookout for frames, front body panels, maybe anew 302... (maybe) doors a top ect. and still, a rol cage. i was a week form getting one. It has opened up a crazy amount of witnessing oppurtunities as you could imagine.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Like my folks use to tell me...just wasn't your time to go.

Look for another rig to build fron that one.

Letsgocrawling

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson Az.
I'm glad you were lucky---some not as---Thanks for the inspiration! With your persistence you'll be back in the saddle again:)

Unaweep

Loc.
Grand Junction CO
Since Broncos are cool, why not donate it to one of those "wear seat belts" groups who display vehicles to show what could/did happen?

At least it would live on........

J.E.

wappas90

really glad to hear your ok. Im 16 as well with my dream truck, a 76 bronco. I can definitely understand the emotional attachment to a bronco. I grew up in mine. my old man drove until he passed it down to me. I would try and use all the parts possible from it into a new build! I hope you recover fast and god was surely with you that day. Have a great time with your next build!

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

Hey man will do, a tip,if you havn't already, please put a roll bar in it. You can drive as safe as possible,do everything right, and everything can go wrong.

I didn't build this bronc, it was a old lawyers that was given to me for $800 by widowed wife. she knew what it was worth, but liked me.

Don't know when ill be able to afford a new build.

wappas90

wow what a find. and I already caged it. I have a balie bilt sport cage in it right now. Im sure your the same way in that even if we barely have the funds to pay for gas to keep em on the road, once a bronco lover, always a bronco lover. Im sure once the day comes you have earned the cash for a new project, you will hop on it. Best of luck to your search for a new one and ill let you know if I have any spare parts. Hope its a easy recovery!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Good golly man! Glad you survived that one. Jaws of life can make a smashed vehicle look like a completely obliterated vehicle. I wrecked my 71' when I was 17yo. A girl pulled out in front of me, I barely touched the brakes and hit her about 35-40mph. Seat belt helped, but I bent the steering wheel beyond belief. My forearms saved my face for the most part, since I had both hands at the top of the steering wheel. Bronco was still running amazingly, even though the radiator was touching the block. Frame was thrashed and it was totaled. Hope you're able to get back to normal and back into a EB soon! :)

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Made me sick just seeing the pictures, so glad you're okay. It wasn't your time that's for sure as I'm not sure how anyone could survive that. Good luck with your recovery and rebuild.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Glad you survived that wreck.... ;) Everyone is giving you good advise. I have been in your exact shoes. All you can do is take time and heal up, get another job (if they fire you for being off) and start looking for a truck to rebuild. You will be surprised at how many good parts you will be able to salvage off of that truck, but it will probably not be the one you rebuild unfortunately.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Once i knew i wasn't dead, that was my first thought. "crap... my bronco"
Interesting how ones priorities change as you get older. ;D

Glad you survived and based on those injuries should make a full recovery right? That's going to be a heck of a story to tell later when you look back on your younger years! Good luck with starting new on another EB adventure!

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Your guardian angel was working overtime there! Glad you lived to fight another day. When you are off the pain meds and more mobile, without pain, start tearing her down and make two piles. One pile for scrap and the other with good parts and then plan from there.

And thank your guardian angel!

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I hope your parents were smart enough to learn from it. It's also a shame that the previous owner cherished the vehicle enough to preserve it all those years before you so carelessly destroyed it.

Dude that is the rudest thing you could possibly say. No one plans to have an accident sans the title "accident". I'm an ex cop and have seen my share of them and I can tell you from experience I have seen worse carnage from freak things like black ice and a typical driving adult vs people being dumb behind the wheel. You cannot pass judgement like you were there.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Glad to hear you are OK and not wanting out of the EB game. Those pics are chilling. I wish I had some extra parts to donate.