• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need some help... bad crash... Please read

wepuckett

Although I learned to drive on a '68 Bronco nearly 40 years ago, it's a far different world now as 1933 would have been for me. I seriously question the judgment of a parent that would allow an inexperienced, 16 year old operate an antique vehicle in freezing conditions. A vehicle sans, shoulder restraints, air bags, crumple zone, collapsible column, ABS brakes, etc, etc. etc.

Experience is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson after. I hope your parents were smart enough to learn from it. It's also a shame that the previous owner cherished the vehicle enough to preserve it all those years before you so carelessly destroyed it.

Dude did you even bother to read his original or 20 posts after that. I take it not and if you did it tells us your IQ is lower then dirt as or you are just an arrogent sob one or the other. He made sure everything operated like it was when it was new and drove it 30 mph and hit black ice. Karma is a son of a gun and although you probably would never admit to it if you did hit black ice, I am betting it has not only happened to you but your vehicle came out way worse then his. If it has not happened to you well then you just guaranteed at some point during the rest of your life it will and will be way worse than his wreck.

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Glad you're OK, but sorry to see it doesn't look like your Bronco will ever see pavement again.

I agree with previous posts to salvage what you can from it and find one that needs a lot of help to build on. I know at your age it's tough to come up with the coin that it takes to restore these vintage vehicles, but if it's in your blood you'll find a way. Good luck to you and I hope you recover quickly.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Dude that is the rudest thing you could possibly say. No one plans to have an accident sans the title "accident". I'm an ex cop and have seen my share of them and I can tell you from experience I have seen worse carnage from freak things like black ice and a typical driving adult vs people being dumb behind the wheel. You cannot pass judgement like you were there.

99.999999999999999999% of his posts are just like that one, have been for years, offers nothing to a thread whatsoever. As soon as I see his username, I skip to the next post.

Frameworks

Loc.
South Central, LA
Although I learned to drive on a '68 Bronco nearly 40 years ago, it's a far different world now as 1933 would have been for me. I seriously question the judgment of a parent that would allow an inexperienced, 16 year old operate an antique vehicle in freezing conditions. A vehicle sans, shoulder restraints, air bags, crumple zone, collapsible column, ABS brakes, etc, etc. etc.

Experience is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson after. I hope your parents were smart enough to learn from it. It's also a shame that the previous owner cherished the vehicle enough to preserve it all those years before you so carelessly destroyed it.

What a cruel PRICK !

FordFarmer

Contributor
VT_Don;2645607 I hope your parents were smart enough to learn from it. It's also a shame that the previous owner cherished the vehicle enough to preserve it all those years before you so carelessly destroyed it.[/QUOTE said:
It would appear that his parents raised a much more respectful young man than yours did.

I learned to drive on a bunch of old farm tractors and a '48 Ford F6 dump truck (in the early 90's). First car was a '65 Mustang. We had this cool little double 90* S turn on a back road around our farm and I had that mustang and every old truck on our farm 6 kinds of sideways on a regular basis. I had long outgrown those tendencies when I was living in Southeast Alaska driving an old wagoneer. Hit black ice doing about 30 mph and I was along for the ride. Years of exeperience driving old cars in winter conditions and it was useless. You likely would have crashed any car you were driving that morning. Only thing you could have done was not go to work.

I'm sure it makes you sick about the Bronco but you and (in one form or another) your Bronco will recover. I'm only coming up on a year with my EB so I don't have much but your welcome to the heater core/blower assembly I pulled out this summer. If you decide you need it I'll even buy the parts necessary to do the chevy upgrade on the blower and send it off. Let me know. God's given you the rest of your life, use it wisely friend.

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
99.999999999999999999% of his posts are just like that one, have been for years, offers nothing to a thread whatsoever. As soon as I see his username, I skip to the next post.

X2 on that clown, Those pictures of your bronco are chilling to look at, Glad you are ok. As already been said I would save whatever you can and start looking for another.

LTL4life

Loc.
The FROZEN TURDRA

You know Dude, Karma's a Bitch. I have 31 years experience driving Tractor Trailers and the accidents ive been involved in were charged to the other Party.
I'm on several truckers forums and some people call me "Cold Hearted" when i comment about their accidents. However yours Pathetically takes the Cake.
His age and driving experience is No Worse then an adult restoring a Bronco then taking it to Hollister or any other Bronco Event and wrecking it

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco

How did you know he was an inexperienced 16year-old? by the time I was16 I had been knowin how to drive for 6 yrs out of necessity!

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

Well thanky you for all the well wishes, With a little more looking the frame of the rbonco seems fine, the damage is just more wide spread because i hit the tree, then the rig sorta flipped up and smacked its top against the trees before settling again.

I do thank you for the defense against the negative bits, but he's entitled to his opinion as well. I do fell bad, the lady gave me a screaming deal on it and it was all original. But, i had to get to work, our minivan with 300,000 + miles on it had finally kicked out and i had to drive something. I, though most teenagers would i guess, consider myself a good driver. I saved myself from a head on with a drunk mustang driver once. she was pulling out of a bar... and i do pretty good on icy roads.i simply didn't see the ice coming at 45 degrees out at 2:00 in the afternoon.

theres a paved driveway that recently went in, the sun hits it and melts snow that runs down onto the road, which was still in the shade, so just a perfect setup for some black ice.

I do plan on sticking around the EB world, don't know what EB i'll be in... or when i can afford one. It just has more meaning to it now though ;). Nearly didn't make it to my 17th birthday on jan 6th. Simply happy to be around still, and that the rig isn't completely wrecked.

Thanks guys, Happy new year!

(

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

NOw that would tick me off, i've no one to be mad at except myself (and maybe the builders of the driveway ;) )

Dang... seems like a stupid car to steal, they are all so unique selling it after yout steaa it seems like it would be pretty impossible.

When i do make the switch to a new one, i think i'll keep the ignition, and maybe rear view mirror. the silly little bits that will mean something :)

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

Before, all original except for the radio which was from the 80's. not my doing

Attachments

• Bronco before 1.jpg
    Bronco before 1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 200
  • Bronco before.jpg
    Bronco before.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 241
OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

Well, nowadays it seems like it would be more difficult. Thankyou :)
It was a fun little rig, had its quirks like they all do, but ran well.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I'm glad you are ok! Sorry to say but you don't have much left to rebuild. Judging by the damage to the front end and being in the body shop industry for 20+ years that frame is damaged. It might not be damaged beyond use but the rest of the Bronco is.

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

I chose the worst looking photos i could, wish you guys could see it in person, was a weird wreck. Like i said i hit the tree but most of the damage came from it tiping up into the tree. really weird...
I dont think we bent the frame... think.... we'll see mostly it seems pretty sound. My girlfriends dad used to be a body man, and i have a full shop to work with but, yeah it is pretty shot.

Honestly i was so happy to see my rear fenders were okay!

Bluebolt

Loc.
Benton LA
Glad you will be OK. After seeing those pics I changed my mind about removing the front half of my roll cage!

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Dude did you even bother to read his original or 20 posts after that. I take it not and if you did it tells us your IQ is lower then dirt as or you are just an arrogent sob one or the other. He made sure everything operated like it was when it was new and drove it 30 mph and hit black ice. Karma is a son of a gun and although you probably would never admit to it if you did hit black ice, I am betting it has not only happened to you but your vehicle came out way worse then his. If it has not happened to you well then you just guaranteed at some point during the rest of your life it will and will be way worse than his wreck.

Consider the source.
VT's been grumpy since Christmas.%)