• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New 1970 Bronco for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
D

davidm

Loc.
Pa
Pics

Here is the last set

Attachments

• CIMG0855.jpg
    CIMG0855.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 127
  • CIMG0856.jpg
    CIMG0856.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 107
  • CIMG0857.jpg
    CIMG0857.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 98
  • CIMG0858.jpg
    CIMG0858.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 73
  • CIMG0860.jpg
    CIMG0860.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 74
  • CIMG0861.jpg
    CIMG0861.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 86
  • CIMG0862.jpg
    CIMG0862.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 64
  • CIMG0865.jpg
    CIMG0865.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 89

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I wish you luck with your sale. It looks like a very nice clean driver.

Since you asked here's a couple of observations: You reference that this was built for an 'owner' so I assume it's not yours, is this a mechanic's lean sale? Your email suggest your are from a shop.

First off, this truck does NOT have an NP 435, with a Hurst floor shifter for a stock 3 speed transmission. NP435 shifters come out of the floor under the dash.

For your price, I'd clean up a few obvious things such as; rusty steel wheels, (new?) surface rusted (stock looking) drive shafts, obvious over spray on the oil filter (screams cover up job), surface rust on the rear engine plate, visible rust on your 'powder coated' frame at the power steering box. Some of your front end bolts appear to be rattle canned stock bolts with a little bit of surface rust popping through. I'd also spend more than $20 on plastic battery boxes, maybe spring for some flashy aluminum boxes?

A somewhat obvious mechanical issue would be to correct your steering linkage. I would suggest you get rid of the drop pitman arm and use a standard pitman arm so that the drag link follows the track bar better. This will help if someone test drive it, as it will alleviate the bump steer that you must have...

I'd give you my honest evaluation on the price, but I'm trying to remain constructive. If you want to know, ask.

Again good luck.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
This looks very similar to the one that sold in PA on ebay a month or so ago- price $13K-14K.

Yes, at 15K-18K - nice bronco. When I read the ad at first I figured it was a mistake (or April Fools). At 75K it could be made from stainless steel, custom paint, drop dead perfect, tons of one off parts, and every option in creation. AND you still would not get your money back out of it.

Fiberglass bodies are less desirable to most.

OP
OP
D

davidm

Loc.
Pa
I wish you luck with your sale. It looks like a very nice clean driver.

Since you asked here's a couple of observations: You reference that this was built for an 'owner' so I assume it's not yours, is this a mechanic's lean sale? Your email suggest your are from a shop.

First off, this truck does NOT have an NP 435, with a Hurst floor shifter for a stock 3 speed transmission. NP435 shifters come out of the floor under the dash.

For your price, I'd clean up a few obvious things such as; rusty steel wheels, (new?) surface rusted (stock looking) drive shafts, obvious over spray on the oil filter (screams cover up job), surface rust on the rear engine plate, visible rust on your 'powder coated' frame at the power steering box. Some of your front end bolts appear to be rattle canned stock bolts with a little bit of surface rust popping through. I'd also spend more than $20 on plastic battery boxes, maybe spring for some flashy aluminum boxes?

A somewhat obvious mechanical issue would be to correct your steering linkage. I would suggest you get rid of the drop pitman arm and use a standard pitman arm so that the drag link follows the track bar better. This will help if someone test drive it, as it will alleviate the bump steer that you must have...

I'd give you my honest evaluation on the price, but I'm trying to remain constructive. If you want to know, ask.

Again good luck.

Rusty steel wheels that are powder coated "shure" ever here of a thing called "brake dust" there is 65 miles on the fresh build. We don't have a shop the owner is my friend and we built the Bronco in his shop/garage where we restore and build cars for fun not a job. As far as flashy battery box's we built this for his beach house in the Outterbanks hense the plastic boat battery boxs. The vehicle goes up and over that is the purpose of the linkage design. Very minimal bump steer. Very easy to drive.

OP
OP
D

davidm

Loc.
Pa
Not

This looks very similar to the one that sold in PA on ebay a month or so ago- price $13K-14K.

Yes, at 15K-18K - nice bronco. When I read the ad at first I figured it was a mistake (or April Fools). At 75K it could be made from stainless steel, custom paint, drop dead perfect, tons of one off parts, and every option in creation. AND you still would not get your money back out of it.

Fiberglass bodies are less desirable to most.

Sorry but not this one. Same owner for the past 6 years. I just put it on eBay today. All paperwork to prove it.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
20 really what do you have in yours?

Didn't mean to offend you. And I've got NO WHERE near that in my rig. My Bronco is definetly not in the same league as yours but you asked if it was worth $75k so I gave you my honest opinion.

OP
OP
D

davidm

Loc.
Pa

Didn't mean to offend you. And I've got NO WHERE near that in my rig. My Bronco is definetly not in the same league as yours but you asked if it was worth $75k so I gave you my honest opinion.

No offense taken just not sure what every one else has into their rig. I know what it cost to build this with all the new parts. There are 4 things that were rebuilt, the frame, engine, trans and transfer case everything else is brand new. 20K not even close. Just seeing what the market is pulling. The pictures don't do it justice.

OP
OP
D

davidm

Loc.
Pa
This was the one I was referring to ebay item #230382965772 looks to have been a good deal.

Good luck.

Not bad, but not even close to what is in this one, the only paint on
ours is on the body, PPG white on top of the Rino coating. Every thing else is either powder coated or Jet Hot coated.

byson1

Loc.
Nashville
It is a beautiful Bronco-aren't they all:) . However, among other things, I would seriously have to question why someone would spend that kind of money and leave what looks like the stock 3 speed (definately not a NP435) and stock Dana 30 front axle in place. Good luck

ariff390

Loc.
Lawrence
That is a beautiful truck you have built there. I hope you get what you have invested in it. However I can say as someone who has been looking at buying a EB for the past year or so I don't think I'd ever spend that much for a Bronco. I currently own a 69 Mustang fastback I have restored and I have well over 25k invested in it. But I know I'd never get that amount for the car. The market these days just can't support those high prices for what most likely will be a "fun car"
Thanks for posting pictures they are fun to look at and you have done a great job with the resto. Good Luck!

Broncoman1966

Beautiful Rig you guys did a great job on it. I own two and they fail in comparison but I have to agree the market is very very weak right now and a buyer at that price would be few and far between. I own a real 66 Fastback Mustang Gt and I can tell you that I have 10s of thousands in it. Just about everything on it is new or rebuilt. But in this market I would take at least a 10 grand loss maybe more. If you want that much for maybe you should hold on to it until the economy improves.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Can't hurt to ask can it!

It doesn't hurt to ask $25k, but at $75k its offensive to a bunch of guys who have built and seen multiple trucks with a lot more attention to detail than this one.

For even $35k I would ask you go back and weld all the seams on the frame you said you welded. Instead of spray bombing the steering components partially without primer, do them right, include a tailgate, doors and top in addition to the door inserts.

I recognize most people have never built a full Bronco from the ground up to know the costs, but even those who do, know you never get out of them what you put into them.

I have a hard time wishing you luck knowing that you are trying to sell this truck for that much more than its worth.

Just my 2 cents since you asked.
Dennis

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
"Well --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't hurt to ask can it!"

Actually it can when no one takes it seriously and it turns off real buyers. The only other reason would be to convince the wife you tried to sell but there were no buyers....I have seen that done before.

Status
Not open for further replies.