• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New 1970 Bronco for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Now you boys leave that man alone!!! %) %) %)
I hope he gets $75K for that rig!!! As you know I own the "Crazy Horse" and didn't pay quite that much and even though it is probably (thanks Skiddy) the most famous and widely known EB ever built on TV, and contains only metal parts, 4 wheel disc and a 5 sp tranny, oh yeah it's a U13 too!!!

BUT, maybe the market is going up on our EB's, I think I'll raise the price on my 66' Project!!!;D ;D

Good luck davidm!!!!

kinder

I posted in the wrong place.

Yes you did and not because of your rig it is because of your attitude. If you had done any homework at all you would realize this site if full of good people who are passionate about EB's, honest and quick to help. That being said no one here will take bs from a person who is only here to abuse the site.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Tell me, how you expect to get 75k out of a bronco with this type of attention to detail. This one picture pretty much sums up your quality of work...
  1. You missed the upper corner when you were TIG welding the ENTIRE CHASSIS..
  2. You were either too lazy clean or the engine has a rear main leak based on the transmission plate oil....
  3. You could not spring for a new oil filter after you painted the engine rookie.......COME ON???? can you read BUSH LEAGUE?
  4. I hope your back is ok, it appears you could not bend down and paint the under side of your steering linkage wth the spray bomb.
  5. If I pay you 75k will you pull the steering box and use the rest of the spray bomb to hit the back of it and hide the rust?
  6. You do realize that all Bronco frames are boxed from the factory right, rookie? The one area you could have boxed....but didn't are the frame horns?
  7. 75k for a Bronco with a bush league tach, hose clamped to the factory steering column?
  8. You do realize unless you are buying from NASA its likely none of your bolts are both Grade 8 and stainless right? They are likely far less than grade 5 at best IIRC. (PS you may want to figure out why your radius arm cup stainless bolts are rusting?)
  9. EVERY steel part is powder coated....what is the steering box and steering components made of...unobtainum explaining the asking price?
  10. When are you pulling the stock 3 speed to put in the NP435 that you listed?

This is better than the whats wrong with this picture puzzles my kids do on Sundays. Now mind you, my Bronco is far from 75k, but I am neither asking it or trying to defend it on a board of experienced Bronco owners and builders. It is offensive you think we are this ignorant??
Anyone want to guess how my day went?
Dennis

Attachments

• bronco.jpg
    bronco.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 290

Botill

I am impressed with the valuable feedback he has gotten from all of you. I can't pretend to have an ounce of the knowlege other members of this board have and I've learned as much about Bronco inspection and value in this thread than any I have read thus far. That along with being thoroughly entertained!!

To the OP, PLEASE keep this going. We can all learn something!

reynard101

Bronco Guru
I asked my girlfriend about buying the Bronco, here's what she said: "I personally believe, that U.S. American Bronco owners, are unable to do $75k, because uh, some, Broncos out there, in our nation don’t have moneys. and uh…I believe that our Bronco parts like such as in South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like such as… and, I believe they should uh, our Bronco pricing education over here, in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future Broncos, for us."

I think that was a No-go from her.

Nice Bronco and good luck with the $75k asking price.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I asked my girlfriend about buying the Bronco, here's what she said: "I personally believe, that U.S. American Bronco owners, are unable to do $75k, because uh, some, Broncos out there, in our nation don’t have moneys. and uh…I believe that our Bronco parts like such as in South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like such as… and, I believe they should uh, our Bronco pricing education over here, in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future Broncos, for us."

I think that was a No-go from her.

Nice Bronco and good luck with the $75k asking price.

LOL I have seen her, it may be a no go but at least she is hot!!

mavereq

Bronco Guru
interesting thread. good luck with the sale....

does the ebay ad list it as having a 4 speed?

pierr

Loc.
Gordon,GA
This is somewhat educational for us newbies/juniors;D and PRECISELY why I wouldn't put over $20K into an EB(unless I were gonna keep it forever)... Unless it has historical status/fame(Crazy Horse,etc.) I don't think I've EVER seen one go for over ~$20-25K.... I hope these guys didn't build this one to "flip it"%). Who knows, maybe he's just phishing and wanted us to tell him what it's really worth...

Miker

Bronco Guru
I think the guy has decided to just let us play in our sand box and he took his toy and left.
He's Elvis and he's left the building,,,,,,,,:(

I guess we could buck up and give him his cabbage back for becoming a contributor,, who's in? ;D

mavereq

Bronco Guru
maybe if the guy had just came on here wanting more money than his truck was worth but didn't lie. he's falsely advertising his vehicle here and on ebay. i went and checked and he has it listed there with a 4 speed and didn't post up the interior picture that shows the shifter. i think that's pretty dishonest.

maybe he plans on using some of the 65k reserve to have the trans swapped before the buyer picks it up...?

bptommy

Loc.
Arlington, TX
Tell me, how you expect to get 75k out of a bronco with this type of attention to detail. This one picture pretty much sums up your quality of work...
  1. You missed the upper corner when you were TIG welding the ENTIRE CHASSIS..
  2. You were either too lazy clean or the engine has a rear main leak based on the transmission plate oil....
  3. You could not spring for a new oil filter after you painted the engine rookie.......COME ON???? can you read BUSH LEAGUE?
  4. I hope your back is ok, it appears you could not bend down and paint the under side of your steering linkage wth the spray bomb.
  5. If I pay you 75k will you pull the steering box and use the rest of the spray bomb to hit the back of it and hide the rust?
  6. You do realize that all Bronco frames are boxed from the factory right, rookie? The one area you could have boxed....but didn't are the frame horns?
  7. 75k for a Bronco with a bush league tach, hose clamped to the factory steering column?
  8. You do realize unless you are buying from NASA its likely none of your bolts are both Grade 8 and stainless right? They are likely far less than grade 5 at best IIRC. (PS you may want to figure out why your radius arm cup stainless bolts are rusting?)
  9. EVERY steel part is powder coated....what is the steering box and steering components made of...unobtainum explaining the asking price?
  10. When are you pulling the stock 3 speed to put in the NP435 that you listed?

This is better than the whats wrong with this picture puzzles my kids do on Sundays. Now mind you, my Bronco is far from 75k, but I am neither asking it or trying to defend it on a board of experienced Bronco owners and builders. It is offensive you think we are this ignorant??
Anyone want to guess how my day went?
Dennis

thank you dennis i was having the same kind of day till i read your post..;D

Stoneman

Loc.
Silver Spring, MD
I have been working with a very respectable builder (and member of CB) and having just received his build sheet, I don't think he could build a Bronco for 75K if he tried. If this Bronco goes for 75K, the buyer deserves to be run over by it.

I've looking for a Bronco for 3 years now and I have only seen 1 over 60K and that one was flawless....and came with a custom trailer, so it was really 1.5 Broncos.

flynylon

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Okay, I hate to waste an otherwise super-intuitive first newbie response to something, but I have to know the age of the OP. I am not concerned with the age of the Bronco, I want to know how old the guy is who is trying to sell it. It could make much more sense of the situation for at least one of us who have been quietly following along.

DavidM, how old are you?

Last edited:

Cip68

Loc.
Harleysville
Yes I can tell there are a lot of jealous members on this board.
Sorry most of thier rigs are rust buckets that are stuck togeather with parts and they are definetly not in my league. I posted in the wrong place.

10K my ass yours maybe not this one. Attention to detail everything is new and powder coated and all bolts stainless. No cheep slide over wannabe braided lines.

Not a complete vehicle yea right.

Jealous he says. My turn.
Hey sport, you want to see what your truck is really worth? I'm only about 35min. from you so I'll drive down and park next to you and we'll compare your idea of "attention to detail" to mine. I have about $30,000 into mine and it's worth is about $9,000 right now, so you have a better chance of seeing God than getting $75,000. Oh yeah, mines all steel, complete, and has a DANA 44 with power discs on it, granted my frame isn't powder coated but is "boxed" just like yours. I also have stainless hardware, but it hasn't rusted yet. However, what really pisses me off is the fact you have antique plates on a totaly un-original Bronco. I'll be sure to use you pics as evidence against the states reason for shooting plates down for my truck, and I've got a tailgate on mine. The fact that you come on here and ask for opinons, and then get all bent out of shape when people ( who know what their talking about) give them, makes me want to show you what a un-intellegent individual you really are. I have to give credit to all the members that posted before me who made very civil comments and wished you luck, good job guys. Sorry, I'm honest, and your an idiot to think anyone would ever think about paying that much for your Bronco. Go post your crap somewhere else if you don't want to get your fragile feelings hurt. One more thing to consider. Check out Broncitis's listing, now that's priced within reason. Plus its all steel, original, complete, low milage, and has a history of being a show winner. Is yours any of that? I thought not? Oh, and whats the price of his, about half of yours. It's people like Mr. "best ever bronco builder" Davidm that wreck the affordability factor of the hobby for everyone else. How? By driving prices up on Broncos that aren't worth nearly that much. Just look at how out of wack the prices of musscle cars has been in the last ten years. I think I've made my point.

Last edited:

Miker

Bronco Guru
Hey Cip68, tell us how you really feel about the matter,,,shazaam! It would be a really great future post from you if you had the time to burn or inclination to go see this "quickly becoming famous" Bronco albeit for the wrong reasons- you could then really spill the beans with some first hand observations.

Anyway, all have made great points,,,, even the question as to DavidM's age.;D

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Tough crowd, but they know what they're talking about, CB and it's members are the most well informed on the planet, truthful and to the point. Better that you listen and comprehend instead of taking the defensive side of the coin and try to pass off what you spent and want to profit as an actual value.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I guess I'd be a little defensive too if I just realized that my truck wasn't worth 1/3 of what I thought it was...

p.s. Cip68, clean up your act, no need for name calling.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast

p.s. Cip68, clean up your act, no need for name calling.

Hmmm .....i like his act and his gorgeous EB to .... ok the poop head was uncalled for but he did post it @ 1:30 am !!! lol ;)

now about the 75k EB .... i take the 5th !!

5 weeks ago i purchased a ( Foreclosure ) 3 bed 2 bath house in SW FL for 73k !! ;D

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Hmmm .....i like his act and his gorgeous EB to .... ok the poop head was uncalled for but he did post it @ 1:30 am !!! lol ;)

now about the 75k EB .... i take the 5th !!

5 weeks ago i purchased a ( Foreclosure ) 3 bed 2 bath house in SW FL for 73k !! ;D

Yeah his EB is gorgeous but that attitude is not needed here. Its that kind of crap that drives people away from this site. I'm sure he's welcomed on Pirate4x4 though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.