• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New 1970 Bronco for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
20k bronco.

but no one will pay 75k for a bronco when they can get a sports car or super car.

and the people that would pay that cind of money are the cind that buy cars/trucks/ect are there cind that buy ORG or something full of history that will sit in a museum.

i seen allot nicer go for ALLOT less.

but with that funky steering and the asking price. you will be VERY lucky to get 20k

your only hope to make some serous extra cash on that, is to take it to a high end auto auction like Barrett Jackson or something.

good luck tho :-*

duder

Loc.
Milwaukee
Oi vay! Dios mio! 75 grand? It looks nice but I don't think you'll get 20k... realistically 15-17k. The market is depressed right now and folks just are not going to / or able to pay the prices from 2-3 years ago.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
"Lucky to get 20K" are you serious? I was only going to offer him :-X .

Seriously, I once had an excel spreadsheet for a full frame off nut and bolt build, it included, engine, 700R4 trans swap($2500 budget), every nut bolt, seal, gasket, lockers, wheels and tires, $5k for paint, blah blah blah, and it came out to right at $28K. Now if you paid a shop $65 an hour to build it, you 'might' hit the $75k mark, maybe. I'm in the middle of a frame off restoration, I do know what it costs and how much work it really is... But this isn't a high dollar mustang, right?

A true honest evaluation without actually seeing it and driving it , I'd say maybe $7,500-8k to start, but be prepared to take less... That's if you really want to sell that truck. But maybe your just trying to tell the mrs. that you 'tried' to sell it;D

I've seen a few high dollar Bronco's sell lately but we're talking a couple in the $40K range and several in the high $20's, these had real steel Bronco bodies, and were built well and most were historical trucks.

If you really want to sell this Bronco for what it's worth get serious. Start by advertising it for what it really is. Don't try to blow smoke up our asses. A few of us know better....

BUT if you do sell it for $75K let me know cause I have a really nice private island off the coast of AZ I'd like to sell.

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
Try Barrett Jackson Auctions you may get someone to buy it on there.... good luck!

not for that price too many things are wrong and not even a complete vehicle. All Bronco are special in my book, but nothing really stands out about a 1970 that been covered up to pose as a super sports car. Sorry dude, $10,000 vehicle at best. Good luck you may find the real true sucker out there, but not on this board...:cool:

OP
OP
D

davidm

Loc.
Pa
Board

not for that price too many things are wrong and not even a complete vehicle. All Bronco are special in my book, but nothing really stands out about a 1970 that been covered up to pose as a super sports car. Sorry dude, $10,000 vehicle at best. Good luck you may find the real true sucker out there, but not on this board...:cool:

Yes I can tell there are a lot of jealous members on this board.
Sorry most of thier rigs are rust buckets that are stuck togeather with parts and they are definetly not in my league. I posted in the wrong place.

10K my ass yours maybe not this one. Attention to detail everything is new and powder coated and all bolts stainless. No cheep slide over wannabe braided lines.

Not a complete vehicle yea right.

luke1970

Loc.
Fayetteville AR
Well, some folks need to be careful what they ask. Any of you guys interested in my 1970 for 69,995? :) KIDDING! David at least we shoot ya staright.

Hey David M lighten up and don't take offense, its a damn good looking rig. You asked a question and got real answers from folks that know what they are talking about. I thought there were some good points laid out to you for your sale. Good luck with it and see you ont he trails, I will be the guy broken down on the side of the trail! Enjoy the day and moreover your rig.

Sorry most of thier rigs are rust buckets that are stuck togeather with parts and they are definetly not in my league. I posted in the wrong place.

10K my ass yours maybe not this one. Attention to detail everything is new and powder coated and all bolts stainless. No cheep slide over wannabe braided lines.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Good luck with the sale. I agree you'll have a hard time at that price (If you don't want the feedback in your for sale thread, make a new one and don't ask for feedback.)

@75K I'd expect a flawless, perfect truck. Yours is very nice, but not perfect. At that price it should have D44 instead of D30, Power disc brakes at all 4 corners, 35 spline axles, fuel injected, King shocks, Aluminum wheels (probably real beadlocks), etc

I'll have around $30K in parts into my truck when I'm done with it, and it may be a $75K contender when complete, but every part on it is custom and hand built. (4.6L Supercharged Cobra engine, Custom cage, custom suspension (King), House of Kolors paint, etc.)

I could see someone paying into the $30's maybe if you found the right buyer. (Also somewhat tough to judge by pics.).....A really clean Denver Edition just recently went for $13K. I'd rather have that one than yours.....again - no offense meant.

There are plenty of trucks on this forum that have a serious amount of time/money/effort put into them and would be worth $75K (or possibly more)

Mystery Light's Bronco comes to mind
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1248778&postcount=11

Or builds by Nickstrix......
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142588&highlight=nickstrix

Or my friend's 68 Sand truck (he's got $30K in the engine alone - 1000+hp, close to $100K in parts over the various builds)

I don't see these comments as jealousy.....they're providing the feedback you requested.

You may not like what they have to say, but you did ask.....

Take a look at the other for sale threads to judge where yours should be priced.....

Total resto - $22,500 - Very nice truck
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150245

Superclean Stroppe - $27,500 - VERY nice truck
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148063

This clean Denver Edition went for $13,000 or so - I SOOOOOO wanted to buy this one
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146198

$18,500 for this one.
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148855

You priced yourself out of the market at $75K.

Attachments

• 031909 Driver side view.jpg
    031909 Driver side view.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Side View2 small.JPG
    Side View2 small.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Rob1962

Bronco Guru

I think you mistake reality and knowledge for jealousy. Your rig looks nice but there are many issues with it as have been pointed out. Even without those issues, you'd NEVER get $75k for it. If it were all original, not fiberglass and painted over POR, you'd have a much higher value item. It matters not what how much money you put into it. As someone said, you may find a fish that will pay you way more than it's worth, and everyone has pretty much wished you good luck with that. But don't for a second think the observations people have provided you, at your request no less, have anything to do with envy or jealousy.

I'd take my EB over yours anyday of the week, and twice on sundays, and I'm certain I don't have near as much into mine as you do yours. I'm also willing to bet that if we parked our EB's side by side with the same price tag on em, more people that knew what they were looking at would be interested in buying mine as opposed to yours. Trust me, I have no jealousy issues when I say this.

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ

1st off, mine is all steel and 90% original. (engine, trans,T-case, axles, interior BODY, DOORS and TOP)

2nd complete? where are the doors, top, tailgate?

3rd all stainless bolts, nuts and washers? must be cheap stuff, only low grade stainless rusts and I know a thing or two about metals...

4th you might have posted this in the wrong place, Fastasy Island has long been taken off the air

Don't get your panties in a twist, you came here and opened up for responses. Manup and take the answers as they come. Instead of getting bent, explain why things are the way we see them.

LAST---jealous??? very nice truck, but I know I can take mine just about anywhere I want and make it.

Have a good day, good luck with your sale...

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
you will be lucky to get 17 grand. seriously. mine i a frame off with a dana 44 and all steel and would be lucky to get 7 or 8 for it. good luck bro. nice rig though

OP
OP
D

davidm

Loc.
Pa
Read

Did you guys even bother to read the post.
NO POR ALL POWDER COATED,
ALL REAL STAINLESS, SHOW ME A RUSTED BOLT ANYWHERE
REAL STEEL BEADLOCKS I PUT THE F#@K BOLTS IN THEM AND THE TIRES MY SELF
RINO COATED INTERIOR THEN PAINTED so it can be hosed out and not rust
BUILT FOR THE SUN HAS HALF DOORS NO TOP NEEDED NO TAIL GATE NEEDED
maybe you wanted them but we did not.........
HAND BENT CUSTOM CAGE BY US
HAS 4 WHEEL DISC WITH ALL STAINLESS AND BRAIDED LINES
HAS 31 SPLINE AXLES sorry not 35s
Shock mounts are Tig welded and not bolted on.
YES I DID SAY every weld is TIG'ED NOT GAY WORTHLESS MIG WELDED
I have yet to see anyones EB on this forum to match this build SORRY
show me your pics then I will judge if your is a better built rig.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
dang i was interested until you lied about the tranny and then what kind of speed do you get with the gearing and 33's wth man. even the more popular crazy horse didn't go for that much. i really don't remember any bronco going for that on Barret Jackson. sorry but with all of odd information i am out good luck to you though. i also agree whith what ss said, hope you get what you want for it but nobody ever gets out what they have into any of them

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Since we are starting to use foul language..... Will trade for 100K in CRACK cocaine, since with price and attitude you may be smoking it.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Did you guys even bother to read the post.
NO POR ALL POWDER COATED,
ALL REAL STAINLESS, SHOW ME A RUSTED BOLT ANYWHERE
REAL STEEL BEADLOCKS I PUT THE F#@K BOLTS IN THEM AND THE TIRES MY SELF
RINO COATED INTERIOR THEN PAINTED so it can be hosed out and not rust
BUILT FOR THE SUN HAS HALF DOORS NO TOP NEEDED NO TAIL GATE NEEDED
maybe you wanted them but we did not.........
HAND BENT CUSTOM CAGE BY US
HAS 4 WHEEL DISC WITH ALL STAINLESS AND BRAIDED LINES
HAS 31 SPLINE AXLES sorry not 35s
Shock mounts are Tig welded and not bolted on.
YES I DID SAY every weld is TIG'ED NOT GAY WORTHLESS MIG WELDED
I have yet to see anyones EB on this forum to match this build SORRY
show me your pics then I will judge if your is a better built rig.

Yeah, whatever short-timer. You built a decent truck, but it aint no show piece, and it aint worth 75 grand. Then you come to a site where people love EB's and ask their opinions. Then you get all defensive when you get the real knowledge you should have sought before you built the truck. And since all you really want to do is use this site and its members hopefully to buy the thing, you start insulting people and their EB's. You'll no doubt be gone never to be heard from again soon.

You're not going to get that kind of money for a fiberglass EB, with all the issues mentioned in this thread. Again, its nice, but not nearly that nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.