• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Oh geez, first Frenchy, now you, Paul. %) Tell me you got a Barbie pink one at least. ;D

I gave up on Ford and just leased a Gladiator.......maybe by the time my 3 year lease is up Ford will have a Bronco available????:p

77Bronco636

Oh geez, first Frenchy, now you, Paul. %) Tell me you got a Barbie pink one at least. ;D

LOL....was long overdue for a new daily driver......figured if I had to wait on Ford much longer then I’d be walking.....its filling the need for a new modern “boxy” SUV till Ford can get up to speed.....
I always knew Frenchy had good taste;);)

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Old news. It's been out for a while that the new Bronco would not be in show rooms until 2021. Pretty sure they still plan on debuting it some time this summer.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just as well, my near term need changed now looking at Jeep Grand Cherokee...

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I gave up on Ford and just leased a Gladiator.......maybe by the time my 3 year lease is up Ford will have a Bronco available????:p

To me, the new Wranger is the modern day equivalent of an Early Bronco.

Accessories up the wazoo. Removable doors, tops, lifts of all sizes, decent factory power, axle upgrades and if someone had dreamt it, it's available.

JK 2dr vs 66-77 Bronco Specs

When anyone sees a Wrangler, they know it's a Wrangler without turning your head sideways and trying to imagine. This latest Bronco, if the those pictures are correct...does not do a good job as a throw back to the EB.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Just another delay for release of the bronco! I was hoping to at least be able to see good pics and real spec sheets and options on it this summer. Then maybe a early production one at the local dealer by the fall for orders. Figured there would be an early OMG I need one lets pay $5K over sticker phase in the winter so by next summer prices would level early production bugs would be out and I could possibly buy one. So how much farther is this going to push things back? And I just see an opportunity for Ford slipping away by delaying this more! Fuel prices are low, people are craving smalls trucks and SUVs. The whole county is dying to get out side an in the great outdoors seems like this would be a great time to launch the new Bronco release the proto types to the world and start taking orders. Screw the Bronco sport! Its just a lifted Escape!

Nickp

Did anybody even read the article? It’s been pushed back from December to January or February. Saying “it’s been pushed back to 2021!!!!” Is like those clowns who say “see you next year!!!” On December 31st. The reveal will be before the end of June.

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
Just getting tired of the little game Ford is playing trying to build anticipation. So they have to push it back 2 mos , we get it but at least reveal it, we know they can cuase they were going to do it prior to the Pandemic. They are missing an opportunity here. People have been put on lockdown nationwide with not even so much as a sports team to watch. What a better time than right now to do a reveal. You have almost the intire nation with almost nothing to do for entertainment but TV and social media. Just reveal it already

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
Just getting tired of the little game Ford is playing trying to build anticipation. So they have to push it back 2 mos , we get it but at least reveal it, we know they can cuase they were going to do it prior to the Pandemic. They are missing an opportunity here. People have been put on lockdown nationwide with not even so much as a sports team to watch. What a better time than right now to do a reveal. You have almost the intire nation with almost nothing to do for entertainment but TV and social media. Just reveal it already

totally agree

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Agree, I've moved on dot org. My next bronco will be a Cherokee, and it will have a v8..

Nickp

Agree, I've moved on dot org. My next bronco will be a Cherokee, and it will have a v8..

I’m trying to imagine waiting 24 years for a vehicle and then buying something else that shares almost no traits with said vehicle due to a 2 month delay. I really can’t.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can't understand why you think I have been waiting 23 years? Maybe 2. 2 months is no big deal, but watch, they won't reveal within 2. It's the two years of its coming, and fail, and yes, fail, they had serious engineering issues with body failing test.

Nickp

I can't understand why you think I have been waiting 23 years? Maybe 2. 2 months is no big deal, but watch, they won't reveal within 2. It's the two years of its coming, and fail, and yes, fail, they had serious engineering issues with body failing test.

My 24 years comment was referring to the last time a Bronco rolled off of the assembly line and how long most bronco enthusiasts have been waiting.

As far as the reveal, Ford said Spring 2020 in NOVEMBER, it was initially going to be at the North American International Auto Show along with a stand alone event at either the same time or just prior. If you’ve followed the threads on here and other Bronco6G forums the Job 1 date has been December of this year for well over a year now, and has only been delayed by 1-2 months due to corona.

If it’s not revealed by June 24th (the date I’ve heard) then yes be concerned. But we are apparently getting news in the next 2 weeks so I’d hold your horses on that grand Cherokee.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you get one with air ride, it will be a Cadillac compared to the the latest whosit Ford puts out.
It will, air ride, 3 suspension heights with a change large enough when i set it from 1 to 2 I almost fell down getting out it raised it that much. I'm just not looking to go over level 4 plus anymore, if I do, thats what the 73 is built for.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My 24 years comment was referring to the last time a Bronco rolled off of the assembly line and how long most bronco enthusiasts have been waiting.

As far as the reveal, Ford said Spring 2020 in NOVEMBER, it was initially going to be at the North American International Auto Show along with a stand alone event at either the same time or just prior. If you’ve followed the threads on here and other Bronco6G forums the Job 1 date has been December of this year for well over a year now, and has only been delayed by 1-2 months due to corona.

If it’s not revealed by June 24th (the date I’ve heard) then yes be concerned. But we are apparently getting news in the next 2 weeks so I’d hold your horses on that grand Cherokee.
To late, no v8, no diesel, not a fan of tiny turbo motors in 115 heat, but do love them on hills, hence my need for v8 or diesel. Jeep has both.

I'm reminded of an unofficial polling of a Ford Dealers mechanics on which motor they would want in their f150, I think it was 10 for ten, all said v8, the turbo's are just to gadgety.

Don't get me wrong, love my Ford(s), but their lineup this decade is lacking, Explorer a touch to big, all have third row seating you have to drag around for vehicle life, loaded costs as much as a 1 year old BMW X6. Why? Money. Me and wife, thats it, maybe dogs, but seat 7? I don't need an E150. Escape? Had a 2005, loved it, 170,000 miles on it, sold it when I felt tranny was beginning to go. New Escapes, way to small comparably. Why? Generally they make cars and trucks bigger through their life cycle. Can't even sit in one, to tiny.

Grand Cherokee? Yeah, costs what an Explorer costs, right sized, has a V8 or Deisel, Rides like a large luxury car but can lock the axles. Seriously.

New Bronco? Again, this is the perfect time to release limited details, the drivetrain as an example. Full color photos? Nah, hold but Tesla can show you what a truck he is selling 3 years from now looks like, GMC, chevy and dodge doing the same, but fords bronco, nope. Really? 64 1/2 Mustang had an earlier release. No release of information in my mind, is unfortunately, a bad thing. As in they did not make a Wrangler killer, or even Tacoma killer.

Last edited:

OX1

Bronco Guru
New Bronco? Again, this is the perfect time to release limited details, the drivetrain as an example. Full color photos? Nah, hold but Tesla can show you what a truck he is selling 3 years from now looks like, GMC, chevy and dodge doing the same, but fords bronco, nope. Really? 64 1/2 Mustang had an earlier release. No release of information in my mind, is unfortunately, a bad thing. As in they did not make a Wrangler killer, or even Tacoma killer.

Agree. Half of the country is stuck at home (heck I gave up on NASCAR many years ago, but watched practically the whole race the other day just because it was the only game in town). Why wouldn't you do an online reveal now?? Can follow it up with in person reveals later @ special events.