• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Ford plans on building them in the Wayne Mi. If they can't build them, what are they going to unveil?

Pretty sure they have a few reveal units ready to show - maybe even the spy photo ones. The plan was to unveil them in late March or early April so they were probably finished well before the virus shutdown. These will not be production units so they don't need the production line to be working to do a reveal.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Pretty sure they have a few reveal units ready to show - maybe even the spy photo ones. The plan was to unveil them in late March or early April so they were probably finished well before the virus shutdown. These will not be production units so they don't need the production line to be working to do a reveal.

yeah good point.. time will tell I suppose

OverBudgetBronco

Loc.
Wichita, KS
That all....27 months. Most of us been following this topic since 2004!!!!! So 16 years!!!!!

I'm right there with you.

I guess I was just more realistic, and had no real hope they were actually going to build it back in 2004.

Ford is just a tease. After months of anticipation, and them building hype, the reveal date has come and gone, with no reveal. I get that these are unprecedented times, but the reveal date was close enough that I'm sure the vehicles are ready. It's not like most of us were going to be there in person anyway, so just put it out there already.

Montoya

Ford is just a tease. After months of anticipation, and them building hype, the reveal date has come and gone, with no reveal. I get that these are unprecedented times, but the reveal date was close enough that I'm sure the vehicles are ready. It's not like most of us were going to be there in person anyway, so just put it out there already.

I believe the issue is the factory in isn't going to be able to retool right now, many suppliers plants are closed, and Ford wanted to roll these out with the ability for someone to order right away. They were trying to make amends for the poor roll-out of the new Explorer.

Now, they don't want to roll out a new product and get everyone hyped about a vehicle that can't be purchased for 6 months because their suppliers are shut-down. Also, dealerships in many locations are completely closed for sales so it would be hard to even take a deposit.

As much as I hate it, I think delaying the launch was a good move. If anything it gives me something to look forward to doing after this crap is under control.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That all....27 months. Most of us been following this topic since 2004!!!!! So 16 years!!!!!

I'm right there with you.

I guess I was just more realistic, and had no real hope they were actually going to build it back in 2004.

Amen... show us soon people lol

OX1

Bronco Guru
Now, they don't want to roll out a new product and get everyone hyped about a vehicle that can't be purchased for 6 months because their suppliers are shut-down.

Isn't an order just paperwork? You weren't going to get it either way until 21 (maybe Dec 20). Don't need to be at dealer to order one and no point if you can't see it anyway. I swear I read on Bronco6G that some put down "pre-deposits" already, while back.

Lawndart

Loc.
Isn't an order just paperwork? You weren't going to get it either way until 21 (maybe Dec 20). Don't need to be at dealer to order one and no point if you can't see it anyway. I swear I read on Bronco6G that some put down "pre-deposits" already, while back.

49806688416_468df7e275_z.jpg

No Hay

Bronco Guru

Yep, and now, a purchase has no paperwork!

A lady in my bike group just bought another house last week from the couch in her living room.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Yep, and now, a purchase has no paperwork!

A lady in my bike group just bought another house last week from the couch in her living room.
A perfect opportunity to stop the hours of paperwork for homes and automobiles.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

68ford

Bronco Guru
Nice!!! It basically has auto 4x4 and road sensitive computer controlled shocks with modes. Chevy had that for like 5 yrs now on Corvettes, Camaros and Cadillacs? :p

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Nice!!! It basically has auto 4x4 and road sensitive computer controlled shocks with modes. Chevy had that for like 5 yrs now on Corvettes, Camaros and Cadillacs? :p

If we wanted to look at the tech itself, Land Rover had it in 2005 in their LR3. But that only serves to derail the thread.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Well lets hope it is a better system than the LR3. I had one of those it looked nice was comfortable inside but what a POS! That suspension system would not stay aligned. The truck would eat tires every 5,000 miles. We keep taking it back to the dealer and they said that's just the way its was with this truck! 5,000 miles on a set of tries! And they were an odd size so only 2-3 people made them that size. I think it was almost $800 bucks a tire. Only had that truck a few years couldn't afford to keep it!

Hopefully we don't have that issue with the bronco. I really wish they would release it sick of the spy photos.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
We owned a 2006. It was a love hate relationship for sure. We didn't have a tire problem, but it was mostly eating air compressors. It was crazy comfortable and quiet on the highway, but lacked power. It was quite good offroad, but we rarely did that. We got rid of it because we moved to Germany due to poor fuel economy, but also because the warranty we had expired.

77Bronco636

I gave up on Ford and just leased a Gladiator.......maybe by the time my 3 year lease is up Ford will have a Bronco available????:p