• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
most of the world got the raptor ranger already for years !!!

heck I drove 4 years ago a 5cyl TD w. manual gearbox in Germany .... all good stuff we cant get !

Ford sells yesterday’s news to us in the states.
The rest of the world gets the latest and greatest vehicles.

OX1

Bronco Guru
I thought hanks was into fiat 500s or mini coopers or something ?

Unlikely he is a big supporter of 3-400 HP ecoboosts guzzling down fossil fuels..

Hanks.jpg

Montoya

Tom Hanks, the guy that really only like electric cars?
Not my first choice to think association with the Bronco..........

I was really only talking about him being a delightful person as opposed to you know...a murderer.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Unlikely he is a big supporter of 3-400 HP ecoboosts guzzling down fossil fuels..

Hanks.jpg

So says the man flying around the globe in private jets, driving custom Range Rovers, spare me the air of superiority Mr Hanks.

4a4a6041b5274df489e218bf3977ed60.jpg

tom-hanks-arriving-on-a-private-jet-at-bremen-airport-to-promote-the-DXWMRG.jpg

Jakedog

I hope the new bronco has a better exhaust sound than the new raptor has. I don't care for the stock sound of the new raptor as it is, but recently I have heard a couple of them with aftermarket systems, and they sound horrible!!
I thought I was hearing a honda civic with a coffee can exhaust pipe. It turned out to be a raptor.

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
They could have done this in April if it’s just a virtual reveal and not let us wait so long!

That was too soon for everyone to have adjusted their plans. Besides, a lot of things were still shut down so it would have been difficult to get it all in place. I’m guessing there was also some hope they could do a live reveal.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
I hope the new bronco has a better exhaust sound than the new raptor has. I don't care for the stock sound of the new raptor as it is, but recently I have heard a couple of them with aftermarket systems, and they sound horrible!!
I thought I was hearing a honda civic with a coffee can exhaust pipe. It turned out to be a raptor.

It will never sound like a Bronco is supposed to sound with an Ecoboost engine! I'm hoping in a few years Ford will realize their mistake and start offering a V8 option.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Why the hell cant they do a live reveal? Just make the press wear masks and sterilize the truck before and after. Just dont let people lick the steering wheel and door handles!!!! Please dont say they dont have the time!!!!

But to be honest just do it already I dont care whos birthday it is or anything thing else just do it!
I am so sick of the spy shots and renderings and leaked info about the drive train and details. I want to see a clear picture, and a detailed specs sheet of what it will be. MY excitement was lost 6 months ago now its just frustration! I wouldnt buy one the first year of production anyway but I am trying to plan out when I may purchase a new truck for my wife so this will come into play. Just sick of waiting!

And I will agree the Raptor exhaust is crappy sounding when compared to a V8. But that to be expected. the Bronco wont have a V8 form Ford so just kiss that dream goodbye the after market will have to help with that one!

Montoya

I hope Ford realizes that timing is everything (Edsel ring a bell?) because they sure are playing with fire.

If it doesn't kick all sorts of A$$ when it finally gets revealed it will go down in history as the corona car and be mocked forever.