• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I see that painted body color fender flares are an option. That may look sharp and dismiss with my one design complaint....the flat black jeepish flares. Which will likely ruin my no car payment lifestyle as I’m about ready to ditch my POS ‘04 BMW X5. Dammit!
Sahara jeep comes with body color painted fenders, looks bad to me.

Say it aint so I was considering X6 as well...

elan

Loc.
s
[QUOTE Say it aint so I was considering X6 as well...[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up. I spend part time in an area of Southern California of extreme wealth, no it ain't me. I just like being around them so I can learn. I don't see BMW's like I did six years ago. Their world is Range Rovers, Cadillac SUV and Chevrolet Tahoe (unlike the idiots at Ford, you can still get a V8 in a large SUV from GM).
I'm only writing about SUV's. I never see new large Ford SUV's.

I don't know who is buying BMW SUV's but it isn't around that area I inhabit part time.

FordFarmer

Contributor
Say it aint so I was considering X6 as well...

I only own this BMW because I walked out of a closing on a new F150 when the sales manager pissed me off. We had just moved back from Hong Kong in 2018 and I needed a daily driver. A buddy had this thing for sale for 4k so I bought it to hold me over until I found something I really wanted, target of opportunity. It had 96k miles on it when I bought it and in all fairness until this year It's been fine. In the last three months I've replaced 3 window regulators, an axle half shaft, the master window switch unit and the A/C compressor. I let a local BMW shop (not dealer) do the a/c compressor but I did the rest myself. Around 3k in parts alone, I imagine if the dealer had done the labor I'd be out double that at least. It's not really a fun car, so while I can do the work I don't enjoy it. I have friends with late model BMW's, they're nice cars. If I ever went the luxury import route I would either lease or trade in before the waranty expires. That's means car payments forever but if you can afford it who am I to judge? I'd rather have the money in the bank, or better yet Bronco parts!

Sorry for the thread drift guys....back to the new Bronco. Anybody happen to see a factory baseplate or other flat towing provisions in the options list?

snipes243

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
41d25c619c84cbe187377699b691feb0.jpg

Looks like Jeep isn’t going down easy. 392 happens to be equivalent to a 6.4 l hemi. So the next couple year should be great for all the 4x4 guys, with this and the new bronco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77Bronco636

Hopefully it will convince Ford to put a V8 in the Bronco in the near future......I’m not a Turbo or supercharger fan.....I still believe no Replacement for displacement......Good time for the 4 X 4 world....long overdue!!!!

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Hopefully it will convince Ford to put a V8 in the Bronco in the near future......I’m not a Turbo or supercharger fan.....I still believe no Replacement for displacement......Good time for the 4 X 4 world....long overdue!!!!

Yep, agreed.

EricLar80

Bronco Guru

I like a naturally aspirated car just as much as the next guy, but you can’t deny the advantage of having boost. Especially superchargers, when done right.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I only own this BMW because I walked out of a closing on a new F150 when the sales manager pissed me off. We had just moved back from Hong Kong in 2018 and I needed a daily driver. A buddy had this thing for sale for 4k so I bought it to hold me over until I found something I really wanted, target of opportunity. It had 96k miles on it when I bought it and in all fairness until this year It's been fine. In the last three months I've replaced 3 window regulators, an axle half shaft, the master window switch unit and the A/C compressor. I let a local BMW shop (not dealer) do the a/c compressor but I did the rest myself. Around 3k in parts alone, I imagine if the dealer had done the labor I'd be out double that at least. It's not really a fun car, so while I can do the work I don't enjoy it. I have friends with late model BMW's, they're nice cars. If I ever went the luxury import route I would either lease or trade in before the waranty expires. That's means car payments forever but if you can afford it who am I to judge? I'd rather have the money in the bank, or better yet Bronco parts!

Sorry for the thread drift guys....back to the new Bronco. Anybody happen to see a factory baseplate or other flat towing provisions in the options list?
Sooo, really nothing abnormal from owning any other BMW then?

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like a naturally aspirated car just as much as the next guy, but you can’t deny the advantage of having boost. Especially superchargers, when done right.
Absolutely, but the shall I say cost of getting there over a naturally aspirated, in my short 50 or so years of owning and working on them, says, they are a witches brew of tech, that you will be paying for in the end in extra maintenance.

FordFarmer

Contributor
Sooo, really nothing abnormal from owning any other BMW then?

No, not really. Except that it’s not nearly as much fun as an M car or some of the cool vintage BMW’s out there. I wouldn’t be bitching if my soccer mom car was an E61 M5 Touring.

77Bronco636

Absolutely, but the shall I say cost of getting there over a naturally aspirated, in my short 50 or so years of owning and working on them, says, they are a witches brew of tech, that you will be paying for in the end in extra maintenance.

I agree with you 100%.......that’s the reason a lot of people still like naturally aspirated engines.......I at least want a choice of what I have in my vehicle....

matts460

Big turbo = lag, little turbo = spools up fast. New 2.7 v6 ecoboost is 10.1 compression, twin turbo, and has water cooled exhaust manifolds. 315-335hp @ 5000-5750rpms, 350-400 lb-ft @ 3000-3250rpms. I think it'll work just fine.

Tugross302

I took this picture this morning and sent it to my local dealer. He just laughed. I said. “ wake up, the new bronco is here”

Attachments

• 9C67E497-208F-40F9-8723-16BBA2724A29.jpg
    9C67E497-208F-40F9-8723-16BBA2724A29.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 159

Mikesimp70

I contacted 4 dealerships around Des Moines and asked about any events Monday and if they would be interested in having mine on site. None of them were interested. I got a couple emails from my old dealership down in Olathe KS inviting me to a watch party. They said there would be several EBs there. Looks like Youtube on the couch for me.