• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Original Sport Type Bronco Floor Mats Coming From Dennis Carpenter?

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
mats

Spoke with DC yesterday. There is no ETA. Management keeps them completely in the dark.

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Looks like they pulled the placeholder for parchment color off the website, only black color mat listed now. It is $269.95 for front and $224.95 for rear, or $494.90 total.

I like the novelty of the mat, but instead ordered black 80/20 loop carpet with mass backing for the half cab I'm building. Total was $235.85 shipped compared to $269.95 plus shipping and tax for the rubber mat.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well I guess it's time to get out the parchment vinyl paint...
Have to practice some of that faux art stuff to get the look with the black highlights spread around the parchment.

They either had more requests for black, or they estimated more people would like black, or the lighter color was much more expensive, or they simply could not get the manufacturer to successfully press the parchment version at all.

In black I'm not sure it's worth that kind of money to me. I know the nostalgia bit is cool and all, and for a restoration that's chicken feed money, but for the casual user that thinks it'd be cool to have. it's pushing too close to $500 bucks for my comfort zone.

But hey, maybe that's just what something like this costs these days. I have not priced out an ACC mat in color for several years.
It must be time to revisit them...

Paul

Norm836

Seen this picture of an original Black Sport mat for a installed shot.

Attachments

• IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 171

Skinnyr1

I couldn't wait, so I ended up buying the black shorter length $200 mat that everyone sells.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
First time I ever remember seeing a factory black mat. Every one I ever saw was either parchment, or one of the Ranger colors.

Thanks for the pic. Now it's easier to understand why they would release a black version.

Paul

omureebe

Are there any rubber floor mats? Kind of like what the Mustang and Cougar had that would go over the carpet? While that mat looks good, I'd love to see individual rubber mats.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
First time I ever remember seeing a factory black mat. Every one I ever saw was either parchment, or one of the Ranger colors.

Thanks for the pic. Now it's easier to understand why they would release a black version.

Paul

Rangers had Carpet. The Explorers has Blue, Tan, Red, Ginger, and Orange. Base model Broncos had the black, and Sports had parchment.

Also, the pony package trucks had parchment but that’s a whole other discussion.

I’ve had a want ad on here for months for a black front section.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
My ‘77 base model had parchment mats..... Maybe it was an option or special order. I never got a Marti report on it.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
My ‘77 base model had parchment mats..... Maybe it was an option or special order. I never got a Marti report on it.

‘77 is kind of an oddball year. No telling what you’d get. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were just depleting their inventory. Same thing seemed to happen with Sport emblems, they ended up on Rangers at times.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Ford's official documentation stated the base models switched from a black to a parchment mat in '77.

Todd Z.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Ford's official documentation stated the base models switched from a black to a parchment mat in '77.

Todd Z.

New one to me! Guess that explains it, not surprising either!

Makes sense considering they had to change the rear section for ‘77. I guess they figured it would be much easier to change just one color of them and only make those.