• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Poll, dash configuration

Is your IGNITION switch in the upper or lower row of functions?

• Upper

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Lower

Votes: 34 75.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i was wondering what the majority of bronco owners have:
Is your IGNITION switch in the upper or lower row of functions?

Upper

Lower

thanks
Nick

yellowbilly

Loc.
Auburn, WA
Always mount the stuff you use the most the closest to you. Make sure you can reach all your switches when you are cinchec up in those fancy new harnesses.

mtn_bronco

Loc.
Leadville, Colorado
Mine is lower. My current bronco is not bad, but alot of the dashes I have seen have the paint worn off from key chains. It would only get worse with it higher.

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
Mine is upper center. The dash is very torn up as a result. It will be moved when I redo the dash.:)

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
Lower as the rest of the key would scratch the snot out of my buttery new dash...

upper as it would be harder for a would-be thief to hotwire - that's where the razor blades come into play;D ;D ;D

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
My '68 is in the upper, but I'm going to move it down for the same reason...... so my new Bronco key chain won't scratch the dash when I get it painted.

OP
OP
NicksTrix

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
how come there are this many views and so few votes? com' on people, help a brother out.
this is for a new product survey. i have something in the pipeline for you all and i'm just curious what the potential is of it.
thanks nick

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You can always use one of those stick-on Ford emblems that are for doors to keep the keys from scratching the paint. But I'd prefer a nice pod/panel of some new "Trick" (Nick?) design out of aluminum or molded plastic. Or better yet, an ignition switch pod that fits on the steering column and uses the newer ('78 and later) style double sided key and comes with a matching set of door locks.
That's not too much to ask, is it? LOL

Paul