• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Products - BC Broncos Power Door Locks

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Jason has just finished the power/remote door locks. They are a simple bolt on. You don't have to change your stock door locks and the stock locks still work. When you unlock the driver door the pass. door will unlock.

Attachments

• small1429.jpg
    small1429.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 325
Last edited by a moderator:

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Tell me more that sounds very nice...remove the screw knobs and cap and the doors could be pick-proof. Whats the catch...I mean price??? :eek:

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The bracket mounts to the window track screw in the end of the door. The bracket mounts inside the door but you can see the screw near the bottom of the door on the end. The rod attaches to the door lock botton. you can set them up to open the door with a switch or install the remote and unlock it like the new cars with a keyless entry. I don't have the price and jasons phone is not working right now.

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
Chuck, Calling Chuck!!!!!!! What About A Mass Buy? I Know Us Daily Drivers Would Be Very Interested!!!!! Let Us Know I'm Sure We Can Drum Up Enough People!!!

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I will not have time this year. If someone wants to call and order 20 sets I can do that and work out a deal.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
chuck, do we have to run wires out of the doors (to a central box/responder) or is completely contained in the doors...

just wondering since with removable hinges, my doors don't stay on all the time :cool:

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
They are electric and the 2 doors work together. When you lock/unlock the drivers door the other door will follow. The keyless part is optional and needs electric also.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The door locks are in stock now. they are $50 for the power door locks and an add. $40 for the remote part. So $90 for the power remote door locks. The power D/L work when you lock/unlock the driver door the pass. door will lock/unlock. The remote works from a wireless remote.

Last edited:

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Great Idea!!! Been looking at some of the street rod mag's trying to figure out how to do it.

It was sort of hard to tell from the discription where/how they mount. Sounds like it uses one of the window frame bolts in the door? Will it work with the window frames out for those of us that take them off in the summer?

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
chuck said:
The door locks are in stock now. they are $50 for the power door locks and an add. $30 for the remote part. So $80 for the power remote door locks. The power D/L work when you lock/unlock the driver door the pass. door will lock/unlock. The remote works from a wireless remote.

we are talking a two door set right? where do I sign up?

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
if we already have a alarm with a door lock/unlock output... is the 50 dollar job enough?? I mean, does the driver side have an input for a power option?

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Sac '68 sport said:
Great Idea!!! Been looking at some of the street rod mag's trying to figure out how to do it.

It was sort of hard to tell from the discription where/how they mount. Sounds like it uses one of the window frame bolts in the door? Will it work with the window frames out for those of us that take them off in the summer?
Look at the end of your door, you will see a 7/16" bolt head. That bolt holds the bottom of the window track in place. Jason made the bracket (blue in picture) to bolt onside the door between the door and the window track. So the bracket is mounted near the bottom of the door so would stay in the door if you remove the window frames.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
HotWheels said:
we are talking a two door set right? where do I sign up?
Yes a 2 door set. Also to make it clear, when you lock/unlock either door the other door will follow. To sign up either go to the online store and order or call.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Hnrys69 said:
if we already have a alarm with a door lock/unlock output... is the 50 dollar job enough?? I mean, does the driver side have an input for a power option?
I don't know this one either. The little box in the picture is the "brain" to use the remote you remove that box and replace it with the one that comes with the remote. My guess is you could wire it to your alarm system by removing the "brain" and wiring it to your alarm. My concern is the 2 door working together if you remove the box. I will check with Jason when he comes in later today and he can have a look at the instructions to see if there is any info there.