• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What new products for broncos would you like to see...

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
How about a large gas tank that doesn't cost $400 or more :)

How about plastic fender and quarter panel splash shields to keep water and mud out of those rust prone areas :) :)

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
J-Dub- Yeah, that Defender set-up is pretty beefy...mounted like the prior link and that would be trick. Ideally, the basket would also be detachable too, so that you could load boats onto the crossbraces, mount bikes, etc...you could do that on the top of the basket, but then you are looking at a very tall set up which may, if possible, further ruin the high-tech aerodynamics of the square...and height clearance could become an issue offroad in trees and such.

4x4x289

2badrotties said:
How about plastic fender and quarter panel splash shields to keep water and mud out of those rust prone areas :) :)

yes, totally agree, plastic inner finders,- something to cover void between the existing three sided inner fender and the flares. this has been on my mind for 20 years. it seems like it needs to be custom molded, something strong like abs. I used rubber one time but it tore and wore out.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
2bad get's bonus points for that recommendation! Here I was thinking extra, and he got us focused on Practical!

The splash shields would be worth their weight in......well not gold, but maybe steaks marinated teryaki style?

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
How come Monkey is always thinking of food when he is on the board?? Is he not getting enough sustance with his bananas and fruit??

How about a affordable Power Take Off for my T/case?
A winch for the above that doesn't cost thousands!!
A rear tire carrier that works and costs are reasonable?
Big vote for 2bads gas tank!!
An inexpensive radiator that cools my 351 correctly.
TOFIC

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
Along with the affordable tank & splash shields, how about more custom interior stuff (stainless wiper motor covers, etc.) I know some people have made similar stuff, but Id like to see it marketed. Another one would be rockskis like JBG or BC sells but tied into the frame. Last, and most expensive, Id really like to see somebody start building replicas/redesign the old rancho overdrives so that we could get an overdrive without going to a modern tranny. Highway speeds are getting faster, and gas is outrageous, it might be a profitable venture for somebody.

crab

Bronco Guru
yak67 said:
How about some nice tube doors, for those of us who like to run with no doors, but don't like the big square open look....Monkeybiz had an idea in one of the other threads about using the lift off hinges to attach them...I like his thinking
I saw Susan Duff running some prototype tube doors on Hi Ho at SOB that were the nicest I've seen. Don't know when they go in production or $$

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
walker949 said:
How come Monkey is always thinking of food when he is on the board?? Is he not getting enough sustance with his bananas and fruit??

How about a affordable Power Take Off for my T/case?
A winch for the above that doesn't cost thousands!!
A rear tire carrier that works and costs are reasonable?
Big vote for 2bads gas tank!!
An inexpensive radiator that cools my 351 correctly.
TOFIC
im with you 949, but to finish the list off , how about horn that you can push that screams , " its not a GD Jeep!"

Frankenhorse

Loc.
Smyrna,TN
What do you think about useing the back quarter panel. Like a panel that is hinged halfway in the back so you can open it from the rear. You can store axles, drivelines, etc. out of site. Maybe even lockable. Don't know how it would work with a fam cage though. Just an Idea.

msweb

Bronco Guru
I'l second the splash guards and I really like the idea of storage behind the interior quarter panels. The wheels are turning... %)

Maybe this next one is too simple but how about a friggin' cup holder molded into the dash pad???

michael welch

Loc.
kent, washington
Rear Qt. panel storage

I've been toying with that idea for a few years now,and last summer I had some time to mock up some of my ideas into 3/8 ply. My idea was to make templates that would allow me to see a finish product then remake alum. panels that would allow them to be rhino line finish. What I thought would be cool was to have area to store my hunting rifle(s) and to have a place for speakers,2 per side, large enough to make noise. After tring to size it all out it became ovious that,rifles out, speakers in with smaller size locked srorage area above the wheel wells.I think with the rhino finish both on the floor, side storage boxes and also on the door panels it should give me that industrial custom look that looks right at home on a bronco.

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
walker949 said:
A virgin dashboard.
No holes no dents no nothing just a brand new dashboard.
Rumor has it a california company is making one but I dont see it yet
TOFIC
BC makes a steel dash overlay that let's you start from scratch.......

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
Weld on speaker mount/cages to solidly mount speakers to your cage and have the antitheft protection of their own little cage around them(this would bolt on). Also a big enough box to really stow some stuff behind the rear seat possibly with angled lid capable of mounting subs and amps.

Broncosix

Loc.
Indianapolis, IN
Trailpsyco, If you really want one of those racks, just give me a call at work and I will hook you up with my buddy Ron. He is drawing up some bumpers, family cage, and rocker protection for my trail rig project. He is also making some steering linkage for me. I will be here at work through tomorrow.
Give me a call.

MichaelB14

Loc.
Cumming, GA
Have anyone ever seen these tubes doors?

http://www.bluedevilproducts.com/St...ts/Early Bronco Components, L3 Selections.htm

Blue%20Devil%20Products%20-%20Early%20Bronco%20Tube%20Door,%20Installed%20Overall%20(500%20x%20332%20Optimized).jpg

msweb

Bronco Guru
MichaelB14 said:
Have anyone ever seen these tubes doors?QUOTE]

Thanks for saving me the embarassment of asking what tube doors were... %)

Do they secure the same as regular doors? I see what looks like the factory catch but not positive. What would the purpose of a tube door be? Is it mainly to have that "open" feel yet remain safe?

I obviously don't know much about them but for the money, they look pretty sweet!

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Great thread and ideas!

How about rear metal quarters flared like the front? Regular size and also up to the bodyline. Also make up to the body line fronts.

I like the interior creature comfort stuff. A metal wiper motor and linkage cover is a great idea. Integrated maplights, visors, place for CB or radio maybe, speakers on the sides.

A more modern molded dash overlay would be cool along with matching door panels (modern armrests with door close pulls and speaker options, place for power window and lock switchs) and also molded rear quarter panels with speaker options.

A bolt up Ebrake handle with cables for disk and drum rears! I have a jeep handle and keep putting it off because the cable and hookup is a pain in the rump!

Would love to have complete '68 door shells available new with the removeable frames. Swap your internals and off you go!

A heater unit that does the same job or better but takes up less space.

va_hog

Hey, I hear that James Duff is coming out (or may have them now) with tube doors.

OP
OP
M

Mike Hewett

Wow, you guys have really given me a lot of ideas and I appreciate it. I did not expect it to get this much reaction. I just thought about some cool looking rock skis/transfer case skidplate. Thanks for the ideas