• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbie looking for her old bronco...FOUND IT...pics 6/19/12

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hi everyone. I'm new to the classicbroncos forum. I joined to be closer to my old bronco, which I'm now going to start looking for. I'm jealous of all your rigs, and hope to have one someday in the future; though from the looks of it, may be waaaay out of my price range.

I was a dumb-a$$ for trading mine in (for a toyota previa no less). I won't even tell you what I price I got for it...totally blew that transaction :(

Mine was an awesom tangerine-colored 76 302. It was given to me by my dad, who owned it prior to me. It took years of my asking him if I could have it...finally he said yes. The last photo shows the custom top he had made for it. The photo below still shows the red reflective F O R D letters on the grill, which I later had chromed; don't ask me why. I also had the glove box cover chromed. It was last seen in Richardson Texas.

Here's some pics:

bronco.jpg

bronco2.jpg

img.jpg

Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Wow thats a nice looking rig....sure them folks in Texas(shamu get to it) can be of some help...Good luck with that!!

Oh yea welcome to the site...

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Good luck on your search. I think we all tried on here to look for their first bronco. Lol mine is still missing.

I'll be honest I don't won't to find my first one%)...Extreme money pit even back then....;)

1970mule

Bronco Guru
wow, you kept asking your dad if you could have it then you sold it later i know he was hurt. VEry sad its gone but would be a great story if you found it again. could you maybe trace it with the vin number or license plate? if you had those.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks half cab. I don't remember mine being a money pit, but as a young mom (at the time) I did often wonder if it would start...it was sometimes a crap-shoot.

Johhnybegood: Thanks. Sorry to hear yours was never found.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I wish you the best of luck on finding it. Hopefully someone on here owns it. Don't give up the search!

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
It's a great looking bronco and I bet you had tons of fun in it. I wish you luck on your search and I know we'll do whatever we can to help. Welcome to CB!

-jim

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Welcome and Good Luck on your search. I know where my first one went. I bet by now it has gone the way of the great buffalo. It was a 73 Sport Model, if I remember right it was a U-152.

Yours looks very nice, I could work for ten years straight and not get mine close to looking as good as yours. I would like to see you find it.

JD

patterdale

Bronco Guru
My first bronco is sitting in the garage of my next door neighbor. He was my high school buddy and I sold it to his dad. He bought it from his dad. Should not have sold it cause I won't get it back for near what I sold it for.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1970mule: Ouch, now I really feel bad. I had the bronco for approx 7 or 8 years, but finally had to part with it as it was just my daughter and I. The bronco not being as reliable as she once was and those cold Texas winters brrrr, pushed me to it (screaming and kicking to be sure).

I've dreamed of finding the bronco many times in the past, and even went as far as to look for the VIN the last time I tried searching. I never found the VIN so I gave up again. This time, I started looking for an old photo album, in which I had pictrures from an early bronco rally (or race) that I remember attending back in 1990/91. It was somewhere in North Dallas, and was so fun. I was given a small plaque from that event which had the name of the event club or sponsor. My hopes were to find that plaque and track down a contact name. I just thought possibly since my bronco was sold in that area, the new owner may have frequeted the same local bronco graveyard for parts. Long story short when I started looking for the photo album I came across a box of bills from 1993. I was soooo excited as I finally found the VIN. Wahooooo.

I remember the old license plate (vanity for my collectiong of windup toys) and now I have the VIN. I don't know if it's possible to get much help since this information is protected (I think). Don't want to do anything illegal.

JGbronc: thanks so much.

ObscureMachine: thanks.

thesnake: thanks. after doing the VIN decoding I found out mine was a U-100.

Patterdale: I think seeing my bronco-next-door is almost worst than not knowing where it is!

Nightstick: I traded it in back in December of 1993, in Richardson Texas (Toyota of Richardson). One other thing I remember was going to some guys house/lot back then where he had tons of old bronco's being parted out. I think I traded him my a/c for a large black rubber floor mat LOL. Don't remember his name or where he was located, but it had to be somewhere close to North Dallas. I always thought he'd probably end up seeing my bronco, in one way or another.

Last edited:

patterdale

Bronco Guru
1970mule: Ouch, now I really feel bad. I had the bronco for approx 7 or 8 years, but finally had to part with it as it was just my daughter and I. The bronco not being as reliable as she once was and those cold Texas winters brrrr, pushed me to it (screaming and kicking to be sure).

I've dreamed of finding the bronco many times in the past, and even went as far as to look for the VIN the last time I tried searching. I never found the VIN so I gave up again. This time, I started looking for an old photo album, in which I had pictrures from an early bronco rally (or race) that I remember attending back in 1990/91. It was somewhere in North Dallas, and was so fun. I was given a small plaque from that event which had the name of the event club or sponsor. My hopes were to find that plaque and track down a contact name. I just thought possibly since my bronco was sold in that area, the new owner may have frequeted the same local bronco graveyard for parts. Long story short when I started looking for the photo album I came across a box of bills from 1993. I was soooo excited as I finally found the VIN. Wahooooo.

I remember the old license plate (vanity for my collectiong of windup toys) and now I have the VIN. My son is a police officer, so my fingers are crossed that he can help. I don't know if it's possible since this information is protected (I think). Don't want to do anything illegal.

JGbronc: thanks so much.

ObscureMachine: thanks.

thesnake: thanks. after doing the VIN decoding I found out mine was a U-100.

Patterdale: I think seeing my bronco-next-door is almost worst than not knowing where it is!

Nightstick: I traded it in back in December of 1993, in Richardson Texas (Toyota of Richardson). One other thing I remember was going to some guys house/lot back then where he had tons of old bronco's being parted out. I think I traded him my a/c for a large black rubber floor mat LOL. Don't remember his name or where he was located, but it had to be somewhere close to North Dallas. I always thought he'd probably end up seeing my bronco, in one way or another.
It's tough. His dad stiffed me on the last couple hundred bucks and we don'tget along all that well to boot. But, my wife scored us a near perfect original uncut 1970 because she missed the old 76. He's actually kind of jealous of how cool it is.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Post the vin, guys here are great at finding things. Who knows, it may have been rebuilt, color changed and resold and has never been known as Orange to the new owner.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Call the Texas DMV with the VIN number.
You can do a carfax and see where it was last titled and give that state a call as well. Some are easy to work with, others not so much.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Call the Texas DMV with the VIN number.
You can do a carfax and see where it was last titled and give that state a call as well. Some are easy to work with, others not so much.

Carfax does not work on our old Broncos, VIN is not long enough

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Post the vin, guys here are great at finding things. Who knows, it may have been rebuilt, color changed and resold and has never been known as Orange to the new owner.

Thanks, I didn't know if forum etiquette permitted my posting the VIN.

My bronco: U15GLC56088