• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbie looking for her old bronco...FOUND IT...pics 6/19/12

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Are there any success stories?

[serious]
Yes there are success stories, I have found both my first Bronco, a 72, And my second, a 77.

The 77 is now just front fenders, hood and grill, kid that bought oit from the guy I sold it to trashed it within a year, and it is now sitting at a hunting camp.

The 72 is still owned by the guy I sold it to, he drove it for many years (had 187,000 on it when I sold it to him) and it has spent the past 10-15 years in the darkness of a barn, safe from the Florida sun.
One day I will get the 72 back!
[/serious]

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
[serious]
Yes there are success stories, I have found both my first Bronco, a 72, And my second, a 77.

The 77 is now just front fenders, hood and grill, kid that bought oit from the guy I sold it to trashed it within a year, and it is now sitting at a hunting camp.

The 72 is still owned by the guy I sold it to, he drove it for many years (had 187,000 on it when I sold it to him) and it has spent the past 10-15 years in the darkness of a barn, safe from the Florida sun.
One day I will get the 72 back!
[/serious]

Awesome support, thanks. How did you happen to find the 77?

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
wow...I read your thread that's great, but is it really the one? Seems like it would be since you're able to trace it to the PO. Oh, and what's taking you so long to go see it?

I wonder if the IMPORT lot would have a record of where it went (and if they would share it)?

The guy I spoke to, his Dad bought it from my Dad. So it's the one.

I haven't got in contact with the current owner. I plan to go the the PO's son again and see if he can find his phone number.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Talked to the guy I sold it to. Sad to, was a loaded 77, the guy bought it from me, had every bearing and seal replaced, rebuilt the entire thing, had 12k in just the restore, had it for a year before he sold it.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hi everyone. I'm new to the classicbroncos forum. I joined to be closer to my old bronco, which I'm now going to start looking for.
I was a dumb-a$$ for trading mine in (for a toyota previa no less). I won't even tell you what I price I got for it...totally blew that transaction :(

Welcome aboard Jane and best of luck w/the Search!!!!

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Thanks so much.

Today I am writing my first letter in the hopes of obtianing information. I will let you all know what/if I hear back.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
^^ 2X ^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Don't include me in your little group of weirdo, brain damaged, smart mouth, inappropriate, geometric, rainy, Fahrvergnügen.....................wait. what are we talking about?

I guess i am in the "Fahrvergnügen" group .... lol ( danke ) .... who is in the geometry & curvilinear group ??

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I guess i am in the "Fahrvergnügen" group .... lol ( danke ) .... who is in the geometry & curvilinear group ??

If by "curvilinear" you mean "round", then I suppose I would qualify for that group.

Today I am writing my first letter in the hopes of obtianing information. I will let you all know what/if I hear back.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear what you find.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Thanks so much.

Good luck with that and hope you do atleast hear back...;)

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good luck with that and hope you do atleast hear back...;)

Thanks half cab.

I've posted the letter and included some photos. I'm hoping that photos like this will tempt whomever to have pity (mercy) and help me get my baby back...;D

broncoVal-and-Chel.jpg

Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
My we wore one them LT50's out around here I even had to buy aftermarket plastic to replace the yellow....;D

Attachments

• LT-B.JPG
    LT-B.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 78

Green76

Loc.
Sherman, Texas
I had my kids on Suzuki 50's when they were 3 years old! I had an 84 and an 85 model (orange ones). Good luck on your search and welcome to the community!

EBTX

Never thought this would be my first post on cb.com but I remember your Bronco so here goes... (Oh and hello everyone!)

During my time at the community college I had a friend with an early bronco, I think it was a 68. I can't remember his name but his uncle, or dad, or maybe grandfather owned the local Ford Dealership. His bronco was totally sweet and I'm going to try to find a picture of it, cuz possibly it might help in my hunt (you never know).

Back when I had my first EB in 1988 the Brandon you speak of lived in my neighborhood, Far North Dallas. Brandon drove a cream/khaki EB with 33's at the time. His uncle owned what was then Middlekauff Ford on Plano Pwky. It's now Rodeo Ford I believe. He helped me do some work on my '72 Sport and introduced me to Jim Holy in Mesquite. Jim was near the high school almost to Seagoville if I remember correctly. A year later in '89 and I had worn that Bronco out. Didn't see Brandon again as I thought I heard he had moved as I knew a couple of his Uncle's neighbors. Anyways we ended up selling my '72 to Jim.

So fast forward a couple of years while I was in college I would frequently come back home. Half of my friends were in Far North Dallas and the other half were across Coit in Richardson still. While out with a buddy in his Bronco II we drove by a private car dealer lot down the street from Toyota of Richardson. It was next to the Ferrari dealership on the east side of Central and Arapaho I think. The lot had all 4x4's. Mostly mid 80's Broncos, Blazers and Heeps. Two early Bronco's for sure. A grey one that looked bone stock which at the time I wasn't into. The second I am sure was yours. I distinctly remember the orange color and because it was a Sport model like mine had been. I also very much remember the bikini top because up to that point I had only seen Heeps with bikini tops. Before the internet we were stuck with seeing new stuff locally. Both were for sale. My buddy and I looked at both but did not drive either. I remember the sales guy asked for a deposit to test drive them. Yeah not on a college students budget.

The business was open for years. Not sure if it is still there as I avoid Central like the plague nowadays but I'll try and drive by this week and see if its still open. If it is maybe they might have some printed record of a purchase/sale.

Last edited: