• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbie looking for her old bronco...FOUND IT...pics 6/19/12

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Welcome aboard Jane, I too am a grandparent and used to live in Richardson, graduated Berkner High School 73/74 and was wondering if we might have known each other back then when it was a small town.

I used to live off Beltline Road on University Drive, I had several friends with the first name of Jane, and my name is Alan Stark.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jim Holy is in Mesquite. And no, he doesn't frequent forums. You'd have to use a computer for that.;D

I've never seen it.

I'll give Jim a call ;D

I sent the president of the LEBC an email recently, hoping he might have some info too. Fingers-crossed!

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome aboard Jane, I too am a grandparent and used to live in Richardson, graduated Berkner High School 73/74 and was wondering if we might have known each other back then when it was a small town.

I used to live off Beltline Road on University Drive, I had several friends with the first name of Jane, and my name is Alan Stark.

Alan, thanks for responding. My name is actually Valerie, and I lived in Plano from 1987 to 1994. I went to a community college, I think was called Brookhaven and then graduated UT Dallas in 1992. During my time at the community college I had a friend with an early bronco, I think it was a 68. I can't remember his name but his uncle, or dad, or maybe grandfather owned the local Ford Dealership. His bronco was totally sweet and I'm going to try to find a picture of it, cuz possibly it might help in my hunt (you never know).

Revelation

Bronco Guru
If this one did not have the 302 emblem on the front I would have said it was a possible match.
The search goes on.

Attachments

• DSCF0061.JPG
    DSCF0061.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 143

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Thanks half cab. I don't remember mine being a money pit, but as a young mom (at the time) I did often wonder if it would start...it was sometimes a crap-shoot. QUOTE]

Mine was set up for bean field racing back in the late '70's and I tried to use it as a daily driver also and wasn't very wise on my part...It ran so hot at a Windy's one time sitting at the dr.up window waiting on my order I had to dr. off...;D

Wonder where shamu is....He should be on this..

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
If this one did not have the 302 emblem on the front I would have said it was a possible match.
The search goes on.

that one belongs to clay robinson (50/50) out here, it's a '71. i know the rig very well, and he's a good friend of mine. i did the 5.0 swap for him few years ago. i'll peek at his VIN next time i see it.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The search goes on.

Oh man that's so close!

ObscureMachine said:
So the lesson here is, Half Cab is too hot to go to Wendy's???

That's so funny and I don't even know Half Cab.

Hey, I wanted to say thanks to everyone for responding to my thread. I've seen so many posts where people are still looking. Are there any success stories? I'm not going to stop looking, but it would be nice to think I won't be defeated. Anyway, maybe my recuring bronco dreams will finally stop; been having them for 15 years LOL.

ObscureMachine said:
BTW Valerie, Happy Mothers Day!

Thanks for that one! :-*

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Welcome aboard Jane..Nice to have ladies join us.. I hope you can find it as we've all sold car we'd like to have back. But when your young an ''Hard Work just ain't working No Longer'' You have to do some things we don't like later in life.
... This bunch can usually find the neddle in the hay stack.

1970mule

Bronco Guru
sorry did not mean to poke. like ppl said i say i would never want to sell mine but life happens and your hand is forced. no one can take your great memories and you sound as if you had some good ones with the old truck. Hope you find it one day. good luck:). i will keep an eye out for it.

1970mule: Ouch, now I really feel bad. I had the bronco for approx 7 or 8 years, but finally had to part with it as it was just my daughter and I. The bronco not being as reliable as she once was and those cold Texas winters brrrr, pushed me to it (screaming and kicking to be sure).

I've dreamed of finding the bronco many times in the past, and even went as far as to look for the VIN the last time I tried searching. I never found the VIN so I gave up again. This time, I started looking for an old photo album, in which I had pictrures from an early bronco rally (or race) that I remember attending back in 1990/91. It was somewhere in North Dallas, and was so fun. I was given a small plaque from that event which had the name of the event club or sponsor. My hopes were to find that plaque and track down a contact name. I just thought possibly since my bronco was sold in that area, the new owner may have frequeted the same local bronco graveyard for parts. Long story short when I started looking for the photo album I came across a box of bills from 1993. I was soooo excited as I finally found the VIN. Wahooooo.

I remember the old license plate (vanity for my collectiong of windup toys) and now I have the VIN. My son is a police officer, so my fingers are crossed that he can help. I don't know if it's possible since this information is protected (I think). Don't want to do anything illegal.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome aboard Jane..Nice to have ladies join us.. I hope you can find it as we've all sold car we'd like to have back. But when your young an ''Hard Work just ain't working No Longer'' You have to do some things we don't like later in life.
... This bunch can usually find the neddle in the hay stack.

Thanks PAPITT, I'm glad to know most can relate.

Jim Holy maybe?

You guys won't believe it...

No I didn't find my bronco (I wish), but I called Jim and as soon as I said my name was Valerie and I had an orange bronco, he says "weren't you the one with the orange and white striped bikini top?" I could almost cry just hearing that he's the one and he remembers me/my bronco. Well he didn't ever see it again, but he was able to tell me my friends name was Brandon. He's gonna look up his last name and call me back. He said Brandon moved to Oregon. I don't remember his bronco being a standard color...I think it was dark gray with black fender-flares.

Anyway, the search goes on...

Revelation

Bronco Guru
1970mule: Ouch, now I really feel bad. I had the bronco for approx 7 or 8 years, but finally had to part with it as it was just my daughter and I. The bronco not being as reliable as she once was and those cold Texas winters brrrr, pushed me to it (screaming and kicking to be sure).

You should feel bad, Poor Bronco has probably been crying for you each and every day since you abandoned it at the import lot. ;D
J/K, But now you have to put up with us pickin on you about it.

Did i mention you left that poor Bronco at an IMPORT lot?

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You should feel bad, Poor Bronco has probably been crying for you each and every day since you abandoned it at the import lot. ;D
J/K, But now you have to put up with us pickin on you about it.

I can take it no prob...my dad raised me well. ;D

Did i mention you left that poor Bronco at an IMPORT lot?

classic!

1970mule said:
sorry did not mean to poke. like ppl said i say i would never want to sell mine but life happens and your hand is forced. no one can take your great memories and you sound as if you had some good ones with the old truck. Hope you find it one day. good luck. i will keep an eye out for it.

No worries, I was just kidding...forgot the smily face so you'd know for sure!

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Yea we (mostly I but there are a few to include like Bill, Rob, Obscure, mule ect ect ect) ain't right most of the time, well more than most of the time, pretty much all the time, But we love Broncos, Bronco's hate Import lots!

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Yea we (mostly I but there are a few to include like Bill, Rob, Obscure, mule ect ect ect) ain't right most of the time, well more than most of the time, pretty much all the time, But we love Broncos, Bronco's hate Import lots!

Hey! Don't include me in your little group of weirdo, brain damaged, smart mouth, inappropriate, geometric, rainy, Fahrvergnügen.....................wait. what are we talking about?

Last edited:

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Alan, thanks for responding. My name is actually Valerie, and I lived in Plano from 1987 to 1994. I went to a community college, I think was called Brookhaven and then graduated UT Dallas in 1992. During my time at the community college I had a friend with an early bronco, I think it was a 68. I can't remember his name but his uncle, or dad, or maybe grandfather owned the local Ford Dealership. His bronco was totally sweet and I'm going to try to find a picture of it, cuz possibly it might help in my hunt (you never know).

Probably a good thing you are not one of the Jane's, and by coincidence my wife of thirty plus years is a Valerie too. I graduated UT Allied Health Science Center at Dallas in 1980, then did graduate work on and off at UT Dallas, Arlington, and at Commerce thru about 1990. I used to spend a lot of time in the Plano area, but that's another story.

Anyway, hope you find your Bronco someday, but in the mean time, you have found one of the finest groups of people ever assembled on the internet right here, and I hope you enjoy that affiliation.